Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 345805 times)

Protomolecule and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline xenoscepter (OP)

• Vice Admiral
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #1935 on: June 12, 2021, 04:21:07 AM »
 - Quick Question: Can a Jump Drive that is marked as "Self-Jump Only" still jump other ships via a Standard Transit, or does this limitation apply to both Squadron Jumps AND Standard Jumps?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #1936 on: June 12, 2021, 10:24:11 AM »
- Quick Question: Can a Jump Drive that is marked as "Self-Jump Only" still jump other ships via a Standard Transit,

Yes. The restriction applies to squadron jumps only, and will be clarified in v1.14.

Offline Voltbot

• Chief Petty Officer
  • V
« Reply #1937 on: June 12, 2021, 03:06:19 PM »
Is there any way to manually add crew berths in 1. 13. 0? I'm currently having problem with fighters, that have 24 crew each and additional crew capacity, that game adds to hangar decks isn't enough.  I'm sorry for any grammatical errors.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #1938 on: June 12, 2021, 03:52:57 PM »
Is there any way to manually add crew berths in 1. 13. 0? I'm currently having problem with fighters, that have 24 crew each and additional crew capacity, that game adds to hangar decks isn't enough.  I'm sorry for any grammatical errors.

You do not need to add additional berths, they are added automatically with hangars and they are assumed to be always sufficient, check the link below for explanation from Steve:

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg104051#msg104051

Offline Voltbot

• Chief Petty Officer
  • V
« Reply #1939 on: June 12, 2021, 05:03:46 PM »
Quote from: Black link=topic=11545. msg152689#msg152689 date=1623531177
Quote from: Voltbot link=topic=11545. msg152688#msg152688 date=1623528379
Is there any way to manually add crew berths in 1.  13.  0? I'm currently having problem with fighters, that have 24 crew each and additional crew capacity, that game adds to hangar decks isn't enough.   I'm sorry for any grammatical errors.

You do not need to add additional berths, they are added automatically with hangars and they are assumed to be always sufficient, check the link below for explanation from Steve:

hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php?topic=8495. msg104051#msg104051
Thanks for reply.  I found this information before.  My problem is:
Game give 20 flight crew berth for each hangar deck, but I need 32. 6(6) spare berths for each hangar deck.  That's why I need to manually add crew berths.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #1940 on: June 12, 2021, 05:09:35 PM »

Game give 20 flight crew berth for each hangar deck, but I need 32. 6(6) spare berths for each hangar deck.  That's why I need to manually add crew berths.

No you don't, the game assumes the 20 are enough so you don't have to worry about the extra crew that "doesn't fit".

The following users thanked this post: Voltbot

Offline Voltbot

• Chief Petty Officer
  • V
« Reply #1941 on: June 12, 2021, 05:20:31 PM »
Quote from: Droll link=topic=11545. msg152691#msg152691 date=1623535775
Quote from: Voltbot link=topic=11545. msg152690#msg152690 date=1623535426

Game give 20 flight crew berth for each hangar deck, but I need 32.  6(6) spare berths for each hangar deck.   That's why I need to manually add crew berths.

No you don't, the game assumes the 20 are enough so you don't have to worry about the extra crew that "doesn't fit".

Thanks.  I didn't got it earlier.

There another question:
I know, that in C# shields don't need fuel anymore, but do they need something else, like power?

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #1942 on: June 12, 2021, 05:32:24 PM »
I know, that in C# shields don't need fuel anymore, but do they need something else, like power?

No

The following users thanked this post: Voltbot

Offline Blogaugis

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #1943 on: June 14, 2021, 01:29:41 PM »
Do Vehicles with construction equipment have to be in a certain field and/or hierarchy position to provide entrenchment bonus, build points?
I assume that the commander has to be attached, in order to increase the build point bonus provided?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #1944 on: June 14, 2021, 01:46:23 PM »
Do Vehicles with construction equipment have to be in a certain field and/or hierarchy position to provide entrenchment bonus, build points?

Per Steve's posts/the C# wiki pages:
Construction elements will work on any element in their own formation or that formation's subordinate hierarchy that has already reached its max self-fortification level. If the construction element's formation has no subordinate, the Construction elements will work on any element in their own formation's parent formation or in that parent formation's subordinate hierarchy that has already reached its max self-fortification level.

I assume that the commander has to be attached, in order to increase the build point bonus provided?

A commander is not required, and the CON elements will function adequately without a formation commander. As with all ground formations a commander can provide useful bonuses if assigned to that formation (and the formation has an appropriate HQ element).

The following users thanked this post: Blogaugis

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #1945 on: June 19, 2021, 09:45:02 AM »
I have two cargo ship designs.
Design A has one Cargo Hold - Standard and one Cargo Shuttle Bay.
Design B has one Cargo Hold - Large and five Cargo Shuttle Bay.

Design B has five times the capacity of Design A, and five times the Cargo Shuttle Multiplier (5 vs 1).
In the Class Design window, both designs show a Load Time of 5:18:53.

I have two fleets in orbit of the same planet.
Fleet A has 13 ships of Design A.
Fleet B has 2 ships of Design B.
Both fleets are in the same Naval Admin Command.
Neither fleet has any ship commanders.
The planet has a cargo shuttle station (five, actually).

I give both fleets an order to load installations from the planet.

I would expect the load times for both fleets to be identical.
Instead, Fleet B needs 50% longer to load than Fleet A.
Fleet A needs 2:09:27, Fleet B needs 3:14:11.

Am I overlooking something? What would cause this discrepancy?

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #1946 on: June 19, 2021, 11:01:22 AM »
I have two cargo ship designs.
Design A has one Cargo Hold - Standard and one Cargo Shuttle Bay.
Design B has one Cargo Hold - Large and five Cargo Shuttle Bay.

Design B has five times the capacity of Design A, and five times the Cargo Shuttle Multiplier (5 vs 1).
In the Class Design window, both designs show a Load Time of 5:18:53.

I have two fleets in orbit of the same planet.
Fleet A has 13 ships of Design A.
Fleet B has 2 ships of Design B.
Both fleets are in the same Naval Admin Command.
Neither fleet has any ship commanders.
The planet has a cargo shuttle station (five, actually).

I give both fleets an order to load installations from the planet.

I would expect the load times for both fleets to be identical.
Instead, Fleet B needs 50% longer to load than Fleet A.
Fleet A needs 2:09:27, Fleet B needs 3:14:11.

Am I overlooking something? What would cause this discrepancy?

I think its proportions. Think about it, both fleets now have 1 more cargo shuttle facility than they did without the planetary facility.

Ships on fleet A have less cargo cap, which means that a single cargo shuttle bay has a much larger effect on the time to load.
Ships on fleet B have more cargo cap, which means that a single cargo shuttle bat has a much smaller effect on the time to load.

If for some reason, the planet provided +1 bay for fleet A but +5 bays for fleet B, I would expect the loading times to be the same.

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #1947 on: June 19, 2021, 11:34:33 AM »
I think its proportions. Think about it, both fleets now have 1 more cargo shuttle facility than they did without the planetary facility.

Ships on fleet A have less cargo cap, which means that a single cargo shuttle bay has a much larger effect on the time to load.
Ships on fleet B have more cargo cap, which means that a single cargo shuttle bat has a much smaller effect on the time to load.

If for some reason, the planet provided +1 bay for fleet A but +5 bays for fleet B, I would expect the loading times to be the same.

Ah.
I was thinking that the Cargo Shuttle Station acted as a flat multiplier for loading times.
Instead, as you say, it acts as just one extra Cargo Shuttle Bay for every ship.
So the station cuts the load time of the small ships in half (by increasing Cargo Multiplier from 1 to 2), but cuts load time of the larger ships by just one sixth (by increasing Cargo Multiplier from 5 to 6).

Cheers.

Guessed

« Reply #1948 on: June 21, 2021, 08:27:08 AM »
Hello, I currently have an issue from 1. 13, which is about the assignment of fire controls.  I built a design of 200 box launchers (emergency fire solution against planetary assailants), but it is absurdly tedious to assign all the fire controls.  The auto-assign button worked on other designs in this game, but even though this one just has 1FC, 200 identical launchers, 200 identical missiles, and nothing else, it wont assign them at all.
Here is a screenshot of the situation (hope it works as a guest):

Well, no problem, in old Aurora I just dynamically assigned all my weapons by hand anyway.  Except, in this version there are two insurmountable issues with that:
1) There is no shift-/ or even just ctrl-click, so I would have to do it all one by one for 200 launchers.  And then 200 missiles.
2) You can not drag the to-be-assigned-weapon on the list that contains weapons, but have to drop it on the fire control.  In some cases that could make it completely impossible to assign weapons at all, like for example if you had so many fire controls that the first upper ones aren't visible anymore once you are down to your unassigned weapons.  (because you cant scroll up while drag and dropping)
In my case the main issue is that it forces even more clicks onto me.  The assignment routine is like this:
- Close Fire Control List
- Drag 1 Launcher on Fire Control
- Scroll up because you get thrown to the bottom
- Close Unassigned Weapons
- Drag missile on the lowest new Launcher of the Fire Control
- Scroll up to Fire Control List again to Close it for the next Launcher, because you were thrown down again.

It is tedious, and every time there is any change, all the tabs reopen and you are thrown down.  There are at least 6 clicks with some drags involved in just assigning and loading a single launcher, so everybody working with Box Launchers is screwed if the auto-assign script fails.

In the past the shift click made it so easy that I would often adjust loadouts within battle like with alternate ammunitions, or some less guns for the next volley and such.  Impossibly tedious right now I think, but I do post here to cross check whether I have overlooked something.  This is already some patches in after all, and the player base has become so huge, it seems likely to me that this couldn't have been overlooked, as it would be a pretty center piece issue.  (coming up with some of your first designs likely - and many who know shift-click from before would probably be shouting foul if there isn't alternative. )

Offline themousemaster

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • t
« Reply #1949 on: June 21, 2021, 10:43:30 AM »
Was the chance for defenders to pop out of alien ruins removed?  I've gone through a couple hundred ruins over a number of games now, I haven't had it happen since I started the C# version