Author Topic: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 91419 times)

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
Re: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #210 on: May 13, 2021, 02:58:08 PM »
I dont know if anyone reported it but there is a bug where sometimes researched ship parts get finished and then disappear from ship design/tech windows and cannot be added to ship designs.
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #211 on: May 13, 2021, 04:00:26 PM »
When setting the field position of unit templates using the "set all formations with same template at same population", formations set to replace are also affected despite the fact that their template is "none".

SJW: Fixed for v1.14
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 01:31:20 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline ISN

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #212 on: May 14, 2021, 10:36:08 AM »
The minimum jump engine size tech doesn't seem to do anything.  I can build size 1 jump engines without researching any of the techs.

Offline Remilian

• Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #213 on: May 14, 2021, 11:00:04 AM »
The minimum jump engine size tech doesn't seem to do anything.  I can build size 1 jump engines without researching any of the techs.
It think this is intended. Engines smaller than your tech can only self-jump.

Offline ISN

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #214 on: May 14, 2021, 11:02:53 AM »
Quote from: Remilian link=topic=12522. msg151520#msg151520 date=1621008004
Quote from: ISN link=topic=12522. msg151517#msg151517 date=1621006568
The minimum jump engine size tech doesn't seem to do anything.   I can build size 1 jump engines without researching any of the techs.
It think this is intended.  Engines smaller than your tech can only self-jump.

Oh, is that so? I didn't realize it only affected the self-jump constraint.  Never mind, the tech is only confusingly named.  ;D

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #215 on: May 14, 2021, 01:30:15 PM »
Quote from: Remilian link=topic=12522. msg151520#msg151520 date=1621008004
Quote from: ISN link=topic=12522. msg151517#msg151517 date=1621006568
The minimum jump engine size tech doesn't seem to do anything.   I can build size 1 jump engines without researching any of the techs.
It think this is intended.  Engines smaller than your tech can only self-jump.

Oh, is that so? I didn't realize it only affected the self-jump constraint.  Never mind, the tech is only confusingly named.  ;D

And the term "self-jump" is also confusing.
It only means that the engine can't be used for squadron jumps.
It does not mean that the engine can only jump the ship it is mounted on.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #216 on: May 14, 2021, 03:09:05 PM »

Isn't this exactly what "self-jump" is supposed to mean? That the ship can only jump itself? I am certain that self-jump ships cannot act as jump tenders for other ships even for standard transits.

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #217 on: May 14, 2021, 03:36:19 PM »

Isn't this exactly what "self-jump" is supposed to mean? That the ship can only jump itself? I am certain that self-jump ships cannot act as jump tenders for other ships even for standard transits.

they can and do, self jump refers to the fact that they cannot jump anyone but themselves in squadron transit, I have tested this infact during my recent star trek game. It is unintuitive but like many things in aurora wdye

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #218 on: May 14, 2021, 04:42:15 PM »

they can and do, self jump refers to the fact that they cannot jump anyone but themselves in squadron transit, I have tested this infact during my recent star trek game. It is unintuitive but like many things in aurora wdye

So if I have a ship with a self-jump drive that is stood at a JP. Would other ships be able to use that jump drive to standard transit through? Would they have to go 1-1 or does that jump drive have infinite throughput?

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #219 on: May 14, 2021, 08:38:45 PM »
So if I have a ship with a self-jump drive that is stood at a JP. Would other ships be able to use that jump drive to standard transit through? Would they have to go 1-1 or does that jump drive have infinite throughput?

Yes, other ships can use that jump drive (subject to normal size and type restrictions) for standard transits. Infinite throughput.

Just replace the term "self-jump only" in your mind with "standard transit only".

The following users thanked this post: Droll

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #220 on: May 14, 2021, 10:19:13 PM »

Yes, other ships can use that jump drive (subject to normal size and type restrictions) for standard transits. Infinite throughput.

Just replace the term "self-jump only" in your mind with "standard transit only".

I wonder if that's the behavior Steve intended, or if it perhaps is a bug.

Offline Density

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • D
« Reply #221 on: May 15, 2021, 04:49:34 AM »
Quote from: skoormit link=topic=12522. msg151538#msg151538 date=1621042725

When I use self jump drives, those ships can squadron transit themselves.  They just have a squadron size of 1.

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #222 on: May 15, 2021, 09:47:38 AM »
Quote from: skoormit link=topic=12522. msg151538#msg151538 date=1621042725

When I use self jump drives, those ships can squadron transit themselves.  They just have a squadron size of 1.

That's fair. Perhaps a more accurate statement is:

Just replace the term "self-jump only" in your mind with "max squadron size 1 (unlimited standard transits)".

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #223 on: May 15, 2021, 10:09:25 AM »
While dragging weapons to Directors it is possible to create a serious error. I believe I did this when I accidentally dragged a fire director onto another Beam fire director which somehow froze Aurora it created the following error series on loading again
Now when I go to the ship combat window for any ship not just the ship I was on or its class I get the following error
Function #2147 The Given Key was not present in the directory
then on clicking ok
Function #463 The Given Key was not present in the directory
clicking ok ends the errors but gives a blank ship combat window.
Following this clicking on a different ship gives
#357 The Given Key was not present in the directory
and still a blank Ship Combat screen

Edit The bug seems to persist in previous saved DB's

I dragged a beam fire control on top of another but I can't reproduce the bug you specified. #2147 is the display of population contacts on the tactical map and #463 is another tactical map contact display function. The only key referenced in both functions is RaceID so not sure why those functions would be affected by a problem with fire control assignment. #357 is the combat information on the fleet window though. It is possible those first two are incorrect error numbers?

While experimenting, I did cause a problem by dragging a fire control on to the point defence node, so I fixed that :)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #224 on: May 15, 2021, 10:34:35 AM »
Being fired upon by STO units only doesn't seem to flag a race as hostile. This isn't a problem for the player, as they can do it manually, but it does make NPR's unable to fight back.

The cheeky boys colonized the moon of my colony in Alpha Centauri. Set the "Cronulla Star Empire" hostile and watch the fireworks fly; the STOs are already set to shoot. Oddly enough when I sent that fleeing lifeboat back to drop my scuttled diplo station's survivors off, the planet's STOs lit THAT up, but were not flagged as hostile and are not responding to my own bombardment.

Save file: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e3cr7jlttospgnv/AuroraDB_-_aliens_won%2527t_fire.db/file

Not sure what is going on here. The diplomatic rating is modified during damage resolution and that code is the same whether the damage by caused by an STO or a ship-based energy weapons. There may be some other factor at work.