Author Topic: Typo Thread  (Read 55434 times)

Offline pwhk

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • p
Re: Typo Thread
« Reply #165 on: January 29, 2021, 05:47:41 AM »
The "United States" name list contains "Brain". I think it is intended to be "Brian"?

Offline pwhk

• p
« Reply #166 on: January 30, 2021, 07:21:02 PM »
Under "Economics" Windows, tab "Shipyard Tasks", there is a heading titled "Assigned Task Group". AFAIK Task Group no longer exist. I think it should be "Assigned Fleet"?

Offline pwhk

• p
« Reply #167 on: February 04, 2021, 05:25:30 AM »
Create Research Project Window, creating Shield Generators, the design text field have "Size" and "Development Cost" put in one line without space in between. However, all other techs have "Development Cost" on a separate line.

Offline pwhk

• p
« Reply #168 on: February 04, 2021, 07:46:09 AM »
Intelligence and Foreign Relations, Select other empire, "Known Species" tab, it reads "Oxygen Pressue"

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #169 on: April 08, 2021, 03:30:40 PM »
 - Under Railgun Velocity:

"The muzzle velocity of the railgun. Railguns with higher velocities can shoot their ammo further and inflict damage at greater ranges. This works in a similar wave to laser wavelengths"

- Should be:

"The muzzle velocity of the railgun. Railguns with higher velocities can shoot their ammo further and inflict damage at greater ranges. This works in a similar way to laser wavelengths."

Offline Jeltz

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #170 on: April 24, 2021, 08:12:33 AM »
Aurora v. 1.13.0

Not a real bug, maybe only a "cosmetic" issue, a "mute flag":

- Commander Windows
- Select a Scientist and press Change Field button
- After "Confirmation required" message, the popup "Select New Research Field" has a "mute" flag, with no explanation: flag or unflagg does not seem to affect anything.

J.

Offline Oncidium

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • O
« Reply #171 on: June 25, 2021, 03:22:04 PM »
On 1. 13. 0, in Class design, the dropdown menu for selecting ship types has a repeated option for Military Tanker TKM

Offline gpt3

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #172 on: June 25, 2021, 03:49:07 PM »
Aurora v.  1. 13. 0

The "Explorers" name list has an entry named Andrés de UrdanetaCayetano Valdés.
Presumably this should be two different names: Andrés de Urdaneta and Cayetano Valdés.

Offline Elminster

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #173 on: July 26, 2021, 04:34:47 AM »
Aurora 1. 13. 0

Not "a" typo, but "a lot of" typos.   ;D

I'm from Germany, and I use the german name themes thoroughly.
The first things I noticed are the missing "ä" in the name of military ranks (Kapitän).  There is a commonly used alternative for crossword puzzles by using "ae", also "ue" (ü) and "oe" (ö).
Then, in my newest game, star systems are named after german cities.  Well. . .   :'(  -  I got "Munchen" for one system, so I renamed it properly to "München", just to get the very next system called "Munchen" again.   :-\
Also many cities a spelled with ". . . berg" instead of the correct ". . . burg".

I'm pretty sure this would be an immense heap of work, espacially for a non-german, so I'm willing to offer my help to get these names fixed.  Just let me know how.   :)

PS: On a site note, is it just me, or is the forum software actually automatically inserting spaces after each and every period? (as in 1. 13. 0 (typed without spaces))

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #174 on: July 26, 2021, 08:38:25 AM »
PS: On a site note, is it just me, or is the forum software actually automatically inserting spaces after each and every period? (as in 1.13.0 (typed without spaces))
That stops happening once you have posted more than 10 postings :-)

The following users thanked this post: Elminster

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #175 on: July 26, 2021, 10:15:58 AM »
PS: On a site note, is it just me, or is the forum software actually automatically inserting spaces after each and every period? (as in 1.13.0 (typed without spaces))
That stops happening once you have posted more than 10 postings :-)

To clarify, it is an anti-spam "feature" to stop link bots by mangling URLs etc. in posts. Once you have 10+ comments the forum will accept you as a real person and let you post normally.

The following users thanked this post: Elminster

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #176 on: July 27, 2021, 04:44:27 AM »
Aurora 1. 13. 0

Not "a" typo, but "a lot of" typos.   ;D

I'm from Germany, and I use the german name themes thoroughly.
The first things I noticed are the missing "ä" in the name of military ranks (Kapitän).  There is a commonly used alternative for crossword puzzles by using "ae", also "ue" (ü) and "oe" (ö).
Then, in my newest game, star systems are named after german cities.  Well. . .   :'(  -  I got "Munchen" for one system, so I renamed it properly to "München", just to get the very next system called "Munchen" again.   :-\
Also many cities a spelled with ". . . berg" instead of the correct ". . . burg".

I'm pretty sure this would be an immense heap of work, espacially for a non-german, so I'm willing to offer my help to get these names fixed.  Just let me know how.   :)

PS: On a site note, is it just me, or is the forum software actually automatically inserting spaces after each and every period? (as in 1. 13. 0 (typed without spaces))
Steve has happily accepted player-created naming themes in the past. Please make as many as you have the energy for and post them here:
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10472.0

It's best to write them in UTF-8 .txt file that Steve can just copy & paste - or you can write them into your forum post and then use the spoiler tags so your post doesn't take too much. Different themes should be in separate files or posts.

Offline dlathro1

• Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #177 on: April 20, 2022, 11:19:10 PM »
I don't know if this is the correct thread, if not please direct me to the correct one.

In the Create Research Project window, while designing Active Sensors / Missle Fire Control the description gives the following formula for sensor range (see attachment):
Sensor Range = Sensor Strength x Size x SQRT(Resolution) x EM Sensitivity x 10,000 km

This formula is wrong. I spot checked the following formula for Active Sensors (credit to Iceranger in this forum post: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=12068.0) and it seems to work:
Active Sensor Range = SQRT(Racial Sensor Strength * HS * Racial EM Sensitivity * (Resolution ^ (1/1.5)) / PI) * 1,000,000 km

I suspect Scott changed the formula at some point and forgot to update the description.

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #178 on: April 21, 2022, 08:06:47 AM »
I suspect Scott changed the formula at some point and forgot to update the description.

Err, I think you mean Steve.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #179 on: April 21, 2022, 09:40:05 AM »

Err, I think you mean Steve.

And he's not even Scottish.