Author Topic: Official v5.50 Bugs Thread  (Read 85263 times)

Offline Thibaut

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • T
Re: Official v5.50 Bugs Thread
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2011, 03:30:45 AM »
a new one :

IN the Leaders screen I often get some errors when clicking on a leader in the "search by ability or location" list.
Title : Error in grdSorted_SelChange

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
5.51 BUGS
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2011, 04:47:43 AM »
Error 3201 was generated by DAO.Recordset
Impossible "aggiungere" o modify record.Into the table "TechSystem" need an related record (srry was translated on italian)

10 or more bug report windows opened..

Offline user-unknown

« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2011, 05:59:07 AM »
Quote from: ExChairman link=topic=3895. msg37924#msg37924 date=1312702441
You can reset the jump problem by deleting all orders and then enter them again, atleast to the next jumppoint is reached. . .  :-\

Yes, that would be slightly annoying to do every time though.   

Actual example from my game now: transporting infrastructure from Earth to system next door with a fleet set to repeat - getting a jump delay timer on every single jump, meaning that the timer is lasting for the trip from jump point to colony, entire unloading/loading sequnce and then trip back to jump point. . .   Is it possible that the jump delay isn't getting accounted for until the ship has arrived at the next jump point?  i. e.  say there is a 60 sec (for example) jump timer, the clock isn't starting on the timer until the ship has tried to jump again?

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2011, 09:39:12 AM »
"Error in ApplyShapedDamage"

ERROR 3265 was generated by DAO.Fields
"Elemento non trovato in questo insieme" (on italian)

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2011, 09:59:36 AM »
You can reset the jump problem by deleting all orders and then enter them again, atleast to the next jumppoint is reached... :-\

Potential Bug #2 here (I haven't tried it 'cuz I'm waiting for 5.5x to stabilize):  please ensure that "deleting all orders sets the jump-delay clock to zero when it shouldn't" doesn't happen....

John

Offline user-unknown

« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2011, 10:07:02 AM »
New one:

Code: [Select]
Error in CreateDesign

Error 3201 was generated by DAO.RecordSet
You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'TechSystem'.
Please report to etc.

I got about 10 of these at the end of a turn (when I hadn't touched either the class or system design screen in the previous round).    I did finish researching Shield Recharge 2 in the previous next turn but that's probably irrelevant. 
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 10:09:24 AM by user-unknown »

Offline Sloshmonger

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • S
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2011, 12:19:19 PM »
2.    The list of available scientists does not refresh if the research panel is open when a new one is given to you.     Refresh All does not seem to show it either - you have to close the window and open it agin for them to be displayed.   

3.    I am occasionally getting a graphics issue where the right hand third of the screen in the system map is just not displayed.     It is as if there is just a blue rectangle the same shade as the background on top of the map image which cuts off orbit paths, text, etc.     This only seems to happen if you minimise the application and then reopen it, but once it has happened there seems to be no way of getting rid of it apart from closing the entire application and reopening.     Closing/refreshing the system map, changing systems etc.    doesn't help.     (interestingly, while this is happening nebula systems appear to be unaffected and display properly).     I am guessing the workaround for this is 'don't minimise the game' ;)

4.    I appear to have just come across a system where two NPRs are blowing pieces off each other.     While this is happening, almost every 5 sec turn I am getting the following error (sometimes multiple times per turn):
Code: [Select]
Error in ApplyShapedDamage

Error 3265 was generated by DAO.Fields
Item not found in this collection
Please report to http://aurora2.pentarch.org/viewforum.php?f=11
I think this may be being caused by a beam weapon?  I have seen a number of missile explosions in the system during the combat, but whenever this error is displayed, there don't seem to be any except occasional power system secondary explosions.   
Unfortunately this means I cannot stick it on auto turn and let it run through their combat, as it stops whenever an error is displayed.   
EDIT: I think one of the races involved was the swarm as I just sent a scout over to investigate and one of them has the 336/100 sensor that I think the mother normally has?

2. The only thing I've seen that required a close/re-open of the F2 window was the 'researched-ground-units-not-showing-in-GU-training' bug.  Everything else, I can do within the window. 
Research labs not showing as free because I used a day increment on the F3 screen? Double click on the colony, or change colony twice and they reappear. (oddly enough, increment from F2 screen didn't have htis issue.)  Doing this also fixes the production not reflecting actual, shipyards not updating when they change, etc.
Scientists not showing up after completing research? Go to another research subject and back again.

3. Reported elsewhere, but seems to occur when resolution changes (happens a lot when i undock my laptop)

4. Same issue I got when i started my first 5.5 game.  That's been deleted now, because it never stopped for me after closing about 150 of those error boxes.

Offline jseah

• Captain
  • j
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2011, 01:33:13 PM »
Apply Shaped Damage:
I recall a post in previous versions about a really big crater hitting a really small craft.  Perhaps that is it?

What could be happening is Invaders fighting the Swarm.  Short range plasma torps vs Swarm gunboats could do this I think. 

Offline Caesar

• C
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2011, 05:35:38 PM »
For some reason all my ships have the same ABR, regardless of their class size.

The ABR is modified by the racial shipbuilding technology, but besides that I can not change it.

I am playing a game with an unmodified database, most recent version. I am running without starting NPR's and with two player races. One on Earth like default, the other on a system I created using SM mode.

It is really annoying to have to wait for colony ships for over eight years.

Edit: I started the game (for both races) at a conventional start. I wanted to start without shipyards, but it gave me one anyways. I deleted the starting shipyards using the SM SY mod option. It might be related to the problem.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 06:19:49 PM by Caesar »

Offline Gilferedir

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2011, 12:12:10 AM »
If you have them researched, but they don't show up, close the F2 screen and re-open it.  That worked for me.

Edit:

It seems like Geology Teams do not gain experience when mission is completed.

I have a geology team that just found some minerals.  In 5.42, each member would get a stat increase when that happened.  Now, that is not happening.

It may be that the stat increases are now the same as when a grav/geo scanner completes, which i believe is a % chance.

I have not had a chance to try with any other types of teams.

I'm having the same problem with the geology teams.

Offline Jacob/Lee

• Lt. Commander
  • (Where I got this .gif beats me!)
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2011, 12:27:54 AM »
Aye, me too.

For some reason members of my diplomacy team are randomly gaining experience even while doing nothing, so experience isn't broken all across the board.

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2011, 02:47:48 AM »
am fear 5.50 and 5.51 r full of bugs.

Other version for me,r most stable.

Offline user-unknown

« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2011, 05:35:40 AM »
Quote from: Jacob/Lee link=topic=3895. msg37957#msg37957 date=1312781274
Aye, me too.

For some reason members of my diplomacy team are randomly gaining experience even while doing nothing, so experience isn't broken all across the board.

I thought this was normal for Diplomacy teams?  I'm sure this was happening in my previous games too.

Offline Sloshmonger

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • S
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2011, 05:43:15 AM »
Before doing alien autopsy: no error when opening Intelligence/Diplomacy screen
After Autopsy:

Error in cboSpecies_Click

Error 3265 was generated by DAO.Fields
Item not found in this collection.
Please report blah blah...

This error pops up 8 times.

Also related to this window: For Reduced Height, new species specs are not within the window space.  This doesn't affect the bug (shows up in both full and reduced size)

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2011, 07:51:30 AM »
Am reinstall 4.9x..

5.51 ver had too many bugs.

un-playable.

srry.