Author Topic: Aurora Dashboard (Graph data over time tool)  (Read 7305 times)

Offline Graymane

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • G
Re: Aurora Dashboard (Graph data over time tool)
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2020, 02:37:33 PM »
Quote from: Graymane link=topic=11123. msg133800#msg133800 date=1589834555
There are so many graphs and pie charts I'd love to see it isn't even funny!
Please please list your ideas

Maybe some of these are already visible in game, but with the state of the user interface as it is, who knows?  I'm still fairly new.  Here are a couple.

* How many and in what proportions minerals are distributed through my building activities.  How much of that is recoverable via scrapping?  X% of total duranium in facilities, Y% in mil ships, Z% stockpiled, etc.  Where is it all by system?
* How much sorium is being used per time period on average by mil ships, commercial ships, and possibly civ ships.
* Total minerals available in systems (bodies, asteroids, comets).  Sort of a sum of the mining tab across all colonies as well as potential colonies.
* Some way to look at my total mining rate (with/without civilian) versus total resources to guestimate how long I have, which ones will give out first, etc.
* Some way to measure how many resources I'm using in weapons and ships in an engagement.  Not sure that is even possible?
* More detailed empire mining tab.  How much is coming from surface mines, versus asteroid/comet mining versus civilian by mining?  As well as by system.

Offline JyeGuru

• Leading Rate
Re: Aurora Dashboard (Graph data over time tool)
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2020, 09:43:27 AM »
Would it be possible to allow a "divisor" for certain numbers that should be, but currently aren't, directly comparable?

In the current version, this applies to fuel and MSP.    Both individual graphs show a nice increase over time, but together the scale of the graph makes MSP meaningless (examples attached).   Having the ability to graph some things in higher numbers (MSP in "each" and Fuel in "x100,000" for example) would make some of these composite graphs a lot more useful.  Edit: This also applies to a Sorium vs Fuel graph, which is useful to ensure your production is staying where it should be.

Further to this, is it possible to have the Always On Top flag an option somewhere, since I usually put these on a side monitor that isn't where I have Aurora, and wouldn't mind them being behind my other random stuff at times. 
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 10:07:37 PM by JyeGuru »