Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 363059 times)

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #1080 on: January 11, 2021, 05:19:06 PM »
Is there any skill for Scientists or Civilian Administrators that makes them better at running Academy's than their peers or is their research specialization and rank all that matter?

The only things that matter for an academy commandant are what academy tier they can handle (determined by officer rank, administrator level, and scientist research lab limit) and what fields (which research areas, officer bonuses, administrator bonuses) they have bonuses in. Fields with a high enough bonus get rolled twice for every officer of the appropriate type that particular academy generates.

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #1081 on: January 11, 2021, 09:59:49 PM »
Are MIRV missiles the best for long-range saturation bombardments to soak up AMMs?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 10:10:42 PM by Borealis4x »

Offline Lord Solar

• See above
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Everlasting Glory to the Imperium
  • Discord Username: Lord Solar
« Reply #1082 on: January 11, 2021, 10:40:48 PM »
Are MIRV missiles the best for long-range saturation bombardments to soak up AMMs?

They can certainly do that. It's probably a good idea to makes sure the MIRV has both stages the same speed/ separation as the other two-stage ASMs

Offline Kylemmie

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • K
« Reply #1083 on: January 12, 2021, 10:04:51 AM »
Last night I finally put in place a Maintenance Base Complex at a critical crossroads JP for my upcoming offensive.  With no body to put a colony on there, there is no summary screen  to quickly see the Military Tonnage currently being supported.
Is there a place to see this? Kind of a pita to juggle patrols  and overhauls by hand all the time to ensure I am not exceeding it's capabilities.

I mean besides using SM to create an Asteroid there. Never messed with SM for stuff like that before and would prefer that I'm just a noob and the data is already available. If SM is the best/only way to handle this currently, I'm curious how the experienced players handle this. Is 'tractoring a tiny asteroid' (SM Mode) so I can make use of the Colony summary screen cheaty? If I refrain from using the moved Asteroid to house ground units for additional defense (or DSTS or anything else), are there any other benefits that I shouldn't technically have by using this method?

Using the JP is saving me 2-4 days response time to 3 diff systems but I feel like I'm a logistics secretary far too much.  I'd really rather not have to move it all out to the colony there just so I can see the data.

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
« Reply #1084 on: January 12, 2021, 10:20:57 AM »
Last night I finally put in place a Maintenance Base Complex at a critical crossroads JP for my upcoming offensive.  With no body to put a colony on there, there is no summary screen  to quickly see the Military Tonnage currently being supported.
Is there a place to see this? Kind of a pita to juggle patrols  and overhauls by hand all the time to ensure I am not exceeding it's capabilities.

I mean besides using SM to create an Asteroid there. Never messed with SM for stuff like that before and would prefer that I'm just a noob and the data is already available. If SM is the best/only way to handle this currently, I'm curious how the experienced players handle this. Is 'tractoring a tiny asteroid' (SM Mode) so I can make use of the Colony summary screen cheaty? If I refrain from using the moved Asteroid to house ground units for additional defense (or DSTS or anything else), are there any other benefits that I shouldn't technically have by using this method?

Using the JP is saving me 2-4 days response time to 3 diff systems but I feel like I'm a logistics secretary far too much.  I'd really rather not have to move it all out to the colony there just so I can see the data.

If you merge all the ships at the base into a single fleet (perhaps using join as subfleet to keep track of organization), the naval org window will show the total tonnage in your new "on-base" fleet.

The following users thanked this post: Kylemmie

Offline Stormtrooper

• Captain
  • S
  • The universe is a Dark Forest
« Reply #1085 on: January 12, 2021, 06:45:18 PM »
How long does it take for ground combat to process? I have invaders fighting with npr in some system I haven't discovered (I set the detection to automatic) and according to db logs it's a hell of a mess with ground combat included, stuck at 5s turns for 1,5h IRL by now. Is my save doomed?

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #1086 on: January 12, 2021, 06:48:22 PM »
5s increments means space combat.  Ground combat happens every 8 hours.

You could disable sensors in systems without player presence via Space Master.  This would end any NPR vs NPR combat inconclusively; they wouldn't be able to shoot anymore.  Alternatively you could make detection automatic, which tends to cause a single long burst of 5s until one side is completely wiped out.

Offline Stormtrooper

• Captain
  • S
« Reply #1087 on: January 12, 2021, 07:15:30 PM »
After paying more attention to what's going on in the logs it seems that it's ships trying to hit ground units from orbit here(and energy impacts of 1 dmg from time to time, looks kinda like missile defence), ground combat also takes place as well. However, the ships can't hit anything, I get messages like 40 shots, 0,6% chance to hit, sometimes it'll include 1 shot hit or something.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #1088 on: January 12, 2021, 07:53:59 PM »
After paying more attention to what's going on in the logs it seems that it's ships trying to hit ground units from orbit here(and energy impacts of 1 dmg from time to time, looks kinda like missile defence), ground combat also takes place as well. However, the ships can't hit anything, I get messages like 40 shots, 0,6% chance to hit, sometimes it'll include 1 shot hit or something.

It sounds like the problem is orbital bombardment. There probably isn't any ground combat and its just invaders bombing a planet. Which explains why your stuck in 5s increments.

That really sucks because there is no easy way to make them stop short of giving the invaders the win and wiping out NPR ground forces

Offline Stormtrooper

• Captain
  • S
« Reply #1089 on: January 12, 2021, 08:12:56 PM »
It's been 3 hours IRL by now. Well, almost 3. I wonder whether It'll process till morning. If not, I guess I'll just have to indeed delete ground forces. Hope it's relatively simple db edit.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #1090 on: January 12, 2021, 08:14:15 PM »
It's been 3 hours IRL by now. Well, almost 3. I wonder whether It'll process till morning. If not, I guess I'll just have to indeed delete ground forces. Hope it's relatively simple db edit.

I would leave it, however a log cleanse and vacuum may be needed at the end. There is a good chance your save may be hundreds megabytes at the end.

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #1091 on: January 12, 2021, 08:30:36 PM »

It's important to note that there is one other circumstance that can cause 5s increments, which is an NPR ship jumping back and forth through the same JP. While it's not the problem here according to the following posts this is a common situation to need fixing as well.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #1092 on: January 12, 2021, 08:35:57 PM »
It's important to note that there is one other circumstance that can cause 5s increments, which is an NPR ship jumping back and forth through the same JP. While it's not the problem here according to the following posts this is a common situation to need fixing as well.

Nuclear, I am reading so much lately that I don't even remember what I had yesterday for breakfast, so take the below with a grain of salt.

I remember reading from Steve that he has not really addressed this, but at least limited it for 1.13.

He is aware of the issue, that's a 100% instead.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 08:37:32 PM by froggiest1982 »

Offline captainwolfer

• Lt. Commander
  • c
« Reply #1093 on: January 12, 2021, 10:48:22 PM »
Question: Is there a way to transfer troops from a carrier to its parasites without the parasites having to leave the hanger? (Both have troop bays and the troops fit in both)

Offline RougeNPS

• Lt. Commander
  • R
« Reply #1094 on: January 12, 2021, 11:49:03 PM »
Is it possible to go below the regiment level in the OOB? From what im seeing, it doesnt go below three levels...