Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 363022 times)

Offline legemaine

• Petty Officer
  • l
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #2565 on: March 05, 2022, 02:49:56 AM »
Anyone know what sublimation temps Steve has used for various atmospheric gases? I'm trying to unlock frozen Cl so that I can remove, but it has remained solid at a surface temp of -95C while Google suggests a sublimation temp of -100C,

Thanks

Legemaine

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #2566 on: March 05, 2022, 07:47:50 AM »
Anyone know what sublimation temps Steve has used for various atmospheric gases? I'm trying to unlock frozen Cl so that I can remove, but it has remained solid at a surface temp of -95C while Google suggests a sublimation temp of -100C,

Thanks

Legemaine

DIM_Gases in the database has a BoilingPoint field.
Chlorine has a BoilingPoint of 239. That's in Kelvin, so = -34C.

The following users thanked this post: legemaine

Offline xenoscepter (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2567 on: March 05, 2022, 11:07:07 PM »
 --- If a GSF is engaged by another GSF on a CAP mission, can it shoot back with spaceship weapons like railguns, gauss, etc.?

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #2568 on: March 06, 2022, 12:17:42 AM »
--- If a GSF is engaged by another GSF on a CAP mission, can it shoot back with spaceship weapons like railguns, gauss, etc.?

I believe that CAP missions are not implemented - it hasn't been coded yet. However, nothing should stop a GSF from firing its non-pod weapons in normal naval combat even while conducting a GSF mission.

Offline boolybooly

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2569 on: March 06, 2022, 04:00:52 AM »
As a kind of hobbyist beta tester I am trying to be helpful and still testing the ground survey mentioned on the last page and as part of that tried to test gravitational survey to make sense of the principles involved and be sure I understood how it worked.

Apparently I dont, as my survey ships appear to be getting half the survey points and one quarter of the command bonus I would expect.

Can anyone please explain these results and help me understand what is going on? I include an example with 2 screenshots to demonstrate I have not made observational errors (I hope!)

"Surveyor" ship has 3 improved gravitational sensors, produces an alleged 6 points with a 20% bonus from Cdr Dwayne Rosiak Samuel Hutson.

A sample period of one day was tested and survey value reduction observed.

survey value 1- 239.6
survey value 2- 160.4

survey points reduction in 86400s (i.e. one day) = 239.6-160.4 = 79.2

survey points per hour observed = 79.2 / 24 hours = 3.3

expected survey points per hour = 6 (+20%) = 6 +1.2 = 7.2

I repeated this experiment with another ship of the same design with 15% command bonus and the result was 3.225/hr

This is consistent with half the expected survey points and one quarter the expected bonus.

Is that as expected or is this a bug, (like the known bug with transported items in cargo reports showing as twice the expected value) in 1.13.0 ?

If a bug is it a known bug ? :)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 09:07:37 AM by boolybooly »

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #2570 on: March 06, 2022, 10:50:35 AM »
As a kind of hobbyist beta tester I am trying to be helpful and still testing the ground survey mentioned on the last page and as part of that tried to test gravitational survey to make sense of the principles involved and be sure I understood how it worked.

Apparently I dont, as my survey ships appear to be getting half the survey points and one quarter of the command bonus I would expect.

Can anyone please explain these results and help me understand what is going on? I include an example with 2 screenshots to demonstrate I have not made observational errors (I hope!)

"Surveyor" ship has 3 improved gravitational sensors, produces an alleged 6 points with a 20% bonus from Cdr Dwayne Rosiak Samuel Hutson.

A sample period of one day was tested and survey value reduction observed.

survey value 1- 239.6
survey value 2- 160.4

survey points reduction in 86400s (i.e. one day) = 239.6-160.4 = 79.2

survey points per hour observed = 79.2 / 24 hours = 3.3

expected survey points per hour = 6 (+20%) = 6 +1.2 = 7.2

I repeated this experiment with another ship of the same design with 15% command bonus and the result was 3.225/hr

This is consistent with half the expected survey points and one quarter the expected bonus.

Is that as expected or is this a bug, (like the known bug with transported items in cargo reports showing as twice the expected value) in 1.13.0 ?

If a bug is it a known bug ? :)
The commander of a ship only provides 50% of their bonus to the ship survey points, a science officer provides 100% of their bonus.

Did you change your game settings to 50% survey speed and forget about it like I did a certain person who will remain nameless?

The following users thanked this post: boolybooly

Offline boolybooly

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2571 on: March 06, 2022, 12:24:34 PM »

The commander of a ship only provides 50% of their bonus to the ship survey points, a science officer provides 100% of their bonus.

Did you change your game settings to 50% survey speed and forget about it like I did a certain person who will remain nameless?

Yes I did! Thanks, that explains it all, presumably the survey bonus is also halved. It also explains my ground survey result and means the formations did stack.

Sorry, I am such a noob.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 12:27:28 PM by boolybooly »

Offline Kamilo

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • K
« Reply #2572 on: March 07, 2022, 01:05:23 AM »
Is there a practical way of auto exploring and/or keeping track of which systems are fully surveyed or not? For the latter looking at the systems in the Galactic Map is probably the best solution?

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #2573 on: March 07, 2022, 01:40:52 AM »
Is there a practical way of auto exploring and/or keeping track of which systems are fully surveyed or not? For the latter looking at the systems in the Galactic Map is probably the best solution?
There is no fully automated exploring. You can use conditional orders but, on a strategic level, the decision which system to survey next and in what manner should be done by the player. To keep up with how the surveys are going, the galactic map is the best way to look at it since it'll show you status of both surveys, number of unexplored jump points and the connections between systems.

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #2574 on: March 07, 2022, 07:55:34 AM »

If your survey ships have jump drives, you can use the following setup pretty effectively:
  • Geosurvey ships: set primary standing order to survey next 5 bodies or similar, set secondary standing order to move to system requiring geosurvey.
  • Gravsurvey ships: set primary standing order to survey next 3 grav survey locations or similar, set secondary standing order to move to system requiring gravsurvey.
  • Jump-capable scouting ships: control these manually and direct them to explore new jump points, scout bodies potentially hosting NPR life, lay sensor buoys, etc. This is similar to how NPRs operate.

If you don't want to dedicate a shipyard to a separate class of scouts (although with clever design of a cross-build class, you can build your survey ships and scout ships from a single yard), you can manually order your gravsurvey ships to move to new systems, in which case you can omit the secondary conditional order for those ships. There is no standing order to explore new jump points automatically, this must be done manually no matter what, but basically every other step in surveying is automatic if you want it to be.

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #2575 on: March 07, 2022, 09:20:52 AM »

For keeping track, I use DB scripts to pull information into Excel.
I have attached the script I use for survey information.
The columns:

ColumnDescription
SysSystem Name
PtsPerLocSurvey Points Required Per Location
UnexLocsNumber of Locations Not Yet Surveyed
AssignedFleetsIGNORE. (Always blank.)
InProgressLocsNumber of locations currently in progress.*
InProgressPointsRemainingTotal points remaining for in progress locations.

* "In progress" counts all locations that are the target of any order in the order list of any of your fleets.
Since I usually don't give manual surveying orders (I use standing orders "survey nearest location"), this number usually tells me how many grav survey ships I have working this system.

In Excel I perform further calculations.
The upshot is a column showing how many ship-years of grav survey work remains in each system (not including travel time between locations), taking into account my game's survey speed setting and my naval admin command bonuses.

Note: This query only returns data for the most recently created Player Race in the most recently created game in your database.

If you have no experience with database work:
...download DB Browser for SQLLite, use it to open Aurora.db, click the Execute SQL tab, paste the query, hit F5, click the top left cell of the results grid to select all the data, hit ctrl-c to copy to your clipboard, then paste it into the sheet.

Sidenote: has anyone written out a more thorough basic database how-to?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 09:28:39 AM by skoormit »

Offline cdrtwohy

• Chief Petty Officer
  • c
« Reply #2576 on: March 07, 2022, 12:40:37 PM »

For keeping track, I use DB scripts to pull information into Excel.
I have attached the script I use for survey information.
The columns:

ColumnDescription
SysSystem Name
PtsPerLocSurvey Points Required Per Location
UnexLocsNumber of Locations Not Yet Surveyed
AssignedFleetsIGNORE. (Always blank.)
InProgressLocsNumber of locations currently in progress.*
InProgressPointsRemainingTotal points remaining for in progress locations.

* "In progress" counts all locations that are the target of any order in the order list of any of your fleets.
Since I usually don't give manual surveying orders (I use standing orders "survey nearest location"), this number usually tells me how many grav survey ships I have working this system.

In Excel I perform further calculations.
The upshot is a column showing how many ship-years of grav survey work remains in each system (not including travel time between locations), taking into account my game's survey speed setting and my naval admin command bonuses.

Note: This query only returns data for the most recently created Player Race in the most recently created game in your database.

If you have no experience with database work:
...download DB Browser for SQLLite, use it to open Aurora.db, click the Execute SQL tab, paste the query, hit F5, click the top left cell of the results grid to select all the data, hit ctrl-c to copy to your clipboard, then paste it into the sheet.

Sidenote: has anyone written out a more thorough basic database how-to?

Skoormit do you have a SQL query for FCT_Gamelog that makes it easier to read?

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #2577 on: March 07, 2022, 01:30:57 PM »

I don't, but I'd be willing to take a chop at it.
What kind of output are you looking for?

Offline cdrtwohy

• Chief Petty Officer
  • c
« Reply #2578 on: March 07, 2022, 01:45:11 PM »

Basically i want the EventType row to be the actual Event name not the ID, Time to be date not seconds and the message text so essentially the Event screen in game just not in game, my SQL skills are lacking to say the least

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #2579 on: March 07, 2022, 01:57:43 PM »

Basically i want the EventType row to be the actual Event name not the ID, Time to be date not seconds and the message text so essentially the Event screen in game just not in game, my SQL skills are lacking to say the least

Try this:

Code: [Select]
with CTE_Const as
(
select max(RaceID) as RaceID from FCT_Race where NPR = 0
)

SELECT
et.Description as Event
,DATEtime('2025-01-02', '+' || cast(i.GameTime/60/60/24 as varchar) || ' DAY') as GameDate
,gl.MessageText
FROM
FCT_GameLog as gl
inner JOIN
CTE_Const as c
on
c.RaceID = gl.RaceID
inner JOIN
DIM_EventType as et
on
et.EventTypeID = gl.EventType
inner JOIN
FCT_Increments as i
on
i.IncrementID = gl.IncrementID
order by
i.GameTime desc

Note the "2025-01-02" in the second line after SELECT.
That should be whatever date you used for the game start date, but it appears to be off by one day for some reason.
Leave it as is if you used the default game start date (as I did).

As with all my scripts, this one only returns data for the most recently created player race in the most recently created game.
(I suspect anyone interested in Aurora has enough going on upstairs to figure out pretty easily how to change it to pull data for another race instead.)