Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 363269 times)

misanthropope and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #990 on: January 02, 2021, 12:03:34 AM »
What does the 'refuel from tankers' order even do? I order my tanker to go and refuel a TF that's stranded somewhere but it doesn't fuel them at all. And yes I did make sure the TG had no other orders.

Offline Twilight Sentinel

• Leading Rate
  • T
« Reply #991 on: January 02, 2021, 12:39:48 AM »
Quote from: Borealis4x link=topic=11545. msg145644#msg145644 date=1609567414
What does the 'refuel from tankers' order even do? I order my tanker to go and refuel a TF that's stranded somewhere but it doesn't fuel them at all.  And yes I did make sure the TG had no other orders.
I believe that order is to refuel from tankers, not to refuel to other ships.   I don't think you can order a ship to refuel another one at all.   You can only order a ship to refuel from a tanker.

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #992 on: January 02, 2021, 01:38:01 AM »
Can I just take civilian-made infrastructure or do I need it to be shipped by other civilians?

Will civilian infrastructure count towards a planets 'supply' when setting up civilian hauling contracts?

Offline Lord Solar

• See above
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Everlasting Glory to the Imperium
  • Discord Username: Lord Solar
« Reply #993 on: January 02, 2021, 02:13:48 AM »
Can I just take civilian-made infrastructure or do I need it to be shipped by other civilians?

Will civilian infrastructure count towards a planets 'supply' when setting up civilian hauling contracts?

I think how it works is that when civs deliver infrastructure as a trade good it becomes an installation; and then you can interact with it normally.

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #994 on: January 02, 2021, 02:34:23 AM »

I think how it works is that when civs deliver infrastructure as a trade good it becomes an installation; and then you can interact with it normally.

Do you know if civilians haul it at complete random or will they use civilian infra to fulfill player-set demands on planets?

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #995 on: January 02, 2021, 03:18:30 AM »

Do you know if civilians haul it at complete random or will they use civilian infra to fulfill player-set demands on planets?

Infrastructures are also trade goods to allow a Pop to produce its own and keep up with the growth rate otherwise it will be hard to handle (and it already is sometimes with unrest and such).

Looking at the database you will see that they will be produced on-site once a population reaches 100 or 300k, I don't remember exactly now. This is why you should deliver infrastructure for at least that amount as the first intake.

Infrastructure is always an infrastructure and can be moved either by the player and or civilian freights by regular civilian contracts. On their own civilians will never pick up infrastructures from a colony and deliver it to another one.

from the wiki http://aurorawiki.pentarch.org/index.php?title=Trade_System#Civilian_Infrastructure
The infrastructure produced by civilians is a trade good, like Machinery or Spices. Every colony produces infrastructure equal to double the population in millions every year. So a 500 million pop will produce 1000 infrastructure per year. Note that until deployed on a planet, when it becomes normal infrastructure as if produced by construction factories, this is tracked as a trade good. The demand for infrastructure is based on the infrastructure required for the existing population multiplied by 1.25, with a minimum of 100. This should give sufficient room for growth and, as the population grows, the demand figure will increase. A new demand figure is calculated after pop growth during the 5-day increment and also after colonists arrive on the planet. Colonies with zero colony cost, or which are unsuitable, have no demand for infrastructure.

A colony will update its stock of the infrastructure trade good during the 5-day increment based on its production rate. If that colony has a demand for infrastructure then the newly produced trade good will be immediately converted into regular infrastructure without any need for transport. This means that new populations will have a limited ability to expand their living space, although bear in a mind a pop of ten million will only produce 20 infrastructure per year. If no infrastructure is needed on the planet, or there is already a sufficient amount, the new infrastructure trade good will be available to be exported for planets with a demand for infrastructure. This will work just as any other trade good, except that on arrival it will be added to the infrastructure for that population, which will in turn reduce the demand for the infrastructure trade good.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 03:26:50 AM by froggiest1982 »

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #996 on: January 02, 2021, 03:35:55 AM »
Also, how can I select multiple ships in Naval Organization (fleet) view, if possible?

No that I know of, but there are ways to select Multiple Ships on other screens, the utility of which will depend of what is that you are trying to achieve.

It is possible, but it's a little unintuitive. You cannot select multiple items in the left-hand tree view, but if you select a fleet then you get a flat list of all ships in the command on the right. You can select multiple ships from that list, and a number of the buttons at the bottom of the window apply to that selection (such as Create Subfleet). You can also drag and drop them to move them to another co-located fleet.

Offline kilo

• Lt. Commander
  • k
« Reply #997 on: January 02, 2021, 12:57:54 PM »
Hi there,

I have build a small cruiser force and gave them 500t of hangar space to give them some utility. Meaning, they can bring boarding troops, airborne early warning or like in this case cryo crew capacity on a small craft. On paper this looks all fine, but right now, the additional crew is not stored in the cryo units aboard the fighter craft, but transferred to the cruiser, which cannot hold additional people. Is there a way to keep them in cryostasis on the rescue shuttle?

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
« Reply #998 on: January 02, 2021, 04:34:34 PM »
Hi there,

I have build a small cruiser force and gave them 500t of hangar space to give them some utility. Meaning, they can bring boarding troops, airborne early warning or like in this case cryo crew capacity on a small craft. On paper this looks all fine, but right now, the additional crew is not stored in the cryo units aboard the fighter craft, but transferred to the cruiser, which cannot hold additional people. Is there a way to keep them in cryostasis on the rescue shuttle?

In C#, any ship with hangar capacity gets a little extra crew space autoadded as "flight crew berths." The autoadded berths are assumed to be sufficient (the crew of the parasites doesn't actually get added to the crew of the main ship; it just gets paused).

Basically, don't worry about it.

Offline kilo

• Lt. Commander
  • k
« Reply #999 on: January 02, 2021, 04:56:18 PM »
Hi there,

In C#, any ship with hangar capacity gets a little extra crew space autoadded as "flight crew berths." The autoadded berths are assumed to be sufficient (the crew of the parasites doesn't actually get added to the crew of the main ship; it just gets paused).

This might be true, but my cruiser's deployment time is going up at three times the rate.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #1000 on: January 02, 2021, 05:12:50 PM »
Hi there,

No he should - he isnt talking about the crew of the fighter, he is talking about the cryo passengers being put out of cryo and being transferred to the cruiser.
Flight berths do not account for potential passengers on board the shuttle and there is no longer a way to add extra crew bays so this is probably a bug report.

Parasites shouldn't unload their transported items, I know that they don't unload to mothership if they have troops onboard and this should also apply to cryo.

As for solving the problem - make sure that you are launching the shuttle and giving it the orders to rescue survivors and do not give the mothership such orders expecting them to end up in the fighter.

Offline kilo

• Lt. Commander
  • k
« Reply #1001 on: January 04, 2021, 12:39:31 PM »
2 stupid questions again from ME:

1. How do you reinforce ground units after combat?

2. Carriers restock ammunition and fuel of fighters in their hangar bay. How do you transfer MSP?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #1002 on: January 04, 2021, 03:50:41 PM »
For 1: Refer to link http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11593.msg140370#msg140370

It is a bit confusing at first unless you work through the system in-game as well. Basically, the process is that you assign each ground element to a "series" if you want them to be automatically replaced. Then, you build formations containing units to be used as replacements and designate them as "Use For Replacements". Any non-replacement formations on the same body will draw replacements from that formation by taking elements from the same unit series as the missing elements. So for example, if your "Rifleman" series has a Mark 1 and a Mark 2 variant, a formation needing replacement Riflemen will take any element in the Rifleman series from a replacement formation, preferring the most recent (i.e. top-most in the series list). This does mean a formation originally built with Mark 1s can be replenished and/or upgraded with Mark 2s in this way, or in reverse a formation built with Mark 2s can be filled in with Mark 1s if circumstances call for it.

The tricky part is that you must use the unit series feature to accomplish this - the replacement mechanic is not designed to simply replace units 1:1 with exact elemental equivalents, even though this would seem simple to do it is simply not coded that way.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #1003 on: January 04, 2021, 06:12:16 PM »
For 1: Refer to link http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11593.msg140370#msg140370

It is a bit confusing at first unless you work through the system in-game as well. Basically, the process is that you assign each ground element to a "series" if you want them to be automatically replaced. Then, you build formations containing units to be used as replacements and designate them as "Use For Replacements". Any non-replacement formations on the same body will draw replacements from that formation by taking elements from the same unit series as the missing elements. So for example, if your "Rifleman" series has a Mark 1 and a Mark 2 variant, a formation needing replacement Riflemen will take any element in the Rifleman series from a replacement formation, preferring the most recent (i.e. top-most in the series list). This does mean a formation originally built with Mark 1s can be replenished and/or upgraded with Mark 2s in this way, or in reverse a formation built with Mark 2s can be filled in with Mark 1s if circumstances call for it.

The tricky part is that you must use the unit series feature to accomplish this - the replacement mechanic is not designed to simply replace units 1:1 with exact elemental equivalents, even though this would seem simple to do it is simply not coded that way.

We've learned this the hard way, don't we Nuclear?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #1004 on: January 04, 2021, 06:27:02 PM »
We've learned this the hard way, don't we Nuclear?

Speak for yourself, I learn things the fun way.  ;)

The following users thanked this post: Froggiest1982