Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 358143 times)

Offline MuthaF

• Leading Rate
  • M
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #1155 on: January 16, 2021, 09:02:08 AM »
Quote from: Elvin link=topic=11545. msg146705#msg146705 date=1610808807

The database is currently unrestricted - all you need is a DB viewer and you can look at whatever you want.  Of course, editing it is a good way to destroy your saved game, so be careful (and take backups) before you do anything in there.

Ah hell, indeed it is. 
I'd swear it asked for password in cmd tool i used some month ago and didnt accept empty.  Either it was issue with tool not allowing empty pwd or i was dreaming. . .
Thank you  :-[

Offline Neophyte

• Gold Supporter
  • Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #1156 on: January 16, 2021, 02:08:46 PM »
Do you get intelligence points from the total crew of captured or surrendered ships as if you had picked them up from lifepods? 

Related question for conquered colonies - are the IPs you get from taking over a colony with ground forces equivalent to the max IP you could get by using an ELINT ship to monitor that enemy colony?  Or is it less, or more, points?

Offline Lord Solar

• See above
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Everlasting Glory to the Imperium
  • Discord Username: Lord Solar
« Reply #1157 on: January 16, 2021, 02:26:51 PM »
Do you get intelligence points from the total crew of captured or surrendered ships as if you had picked them up from lifepods? 

Related question for conquered colonies - are the IPs you get from taking over a colony with ground forces equivalent to the max IP you could get by using an ELINT ship to monitor that enemy colony?  Or is it less, or more, points?

from my experience the only way to get intelligence points is by monitoring a colony's EM emissions with a ELINT module. Nothing else generates intelligence points; they are specific to each colony. If someone has found another way I would love to hear it.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #1158 on: January 16, 2021, 02:31:19 PM »

from my experience the only way to get intelligence points is by monitoring a colony's EM emissions with a ELINT module. Nothing else generates intelligence points; they are specific to each colony. If someone has found another way I would love to hear it.

You can generate nontrivial amounts of intelligence by blowing up their ships and capturing the survivors for questioning

Offline Lord Solar

• See above
« Reply #1159 on: January 16, 2021, 02:46:27 PM »

You can generate nontrivial amounts of intelligence by blowing up their ships and capturing the survivors for questioning
Never happened to me so far. What are the intelligence points applied to, the nearest colony?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #1160 on: January 16, 2021, 02:53:33 PM »
Never happened to me so far. What are the intelligence points applied to, the nearest colony?

You do have to capture a fair few crews to start seeing the effects, usually what you'll get is e.g. points toward a technology that the other race has and you do not - so if you're strictly superior to them you may not get as many bonuses.

I can't recall if the IPs are racial or colony-specific, I believe they're racial since I recall getting the benefits immediately on collecting the survivors, rather than once they're deposited on a colony.

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #1161 on: January 16, 2021, 02:56:29 PM »
Turns out there are two different kinds of intel points, ones associated with a colony and ones associated with the entire race. Crew interrogation intel applies points towards the latter pool, elint applies towards both.

Any intelligence gained on a population is also used at the racial level for the purposes of espionage. Each Alien Population Intelligence Point adds one Alien Race Intelligence Point.

Relevant posts

The following users thanked this post: Neophyte, DIT_grue, nuclearslurpee

Offline Lord Solar

• See above
« Reply #1162 on: January 16, 2021, 02:58:36 PM »
Turns out there are two different kinds of intel points, ones associated with a colony and ones associated with the entire race. Crew interrogation intel applies points towards the latter pool, elint applies towards both.

Any intelligence gained on a population is also used at the racial level for the purposes of espionage. Each Alien Population Intelligence Point adds one Alien Race Intelligence Point.

Relevant posts
Ah I though racial intelligence points were not a thing. Do you know where to view them?

Offline kilo

• Lt. Commander
  • k
« Reply #1163 on: January 16, 2021, 03:13:55 PM »
I am designing my first missile ship now that I freed some stockpiles of precursor and NPR missiles.  What I do not know is how AMM fire controls work. Let's say you do 1v1 AMM firing and you have 20 missile launchers and 4 salvos of 5 missiles incoming. Will it behave like BFCs and attack all the salvos at the same time or do I need 4 fire controls?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #1164 on: January 16, 2021, 03:30:57 PM »

Relevant posts
Ah I though racial intelligence points were not a thing. Do you know where to view them?

They are hidden from the player, although you could probably sleuth them out of the DB.

I am designing my first missile ship now that I freed some stockpiles of precursor and NPR missiles.  What I do not know is how AMM fire controls work. Let's say you do 1v1 AMM firing and you have 20 missile launchers and 4 salvos of 5 missiles incoming. Will it behave like BFCs and attack all the salvos at the same time or do I need 4 fire controls?

In the Ship Combat tab (where you assign fire controls), there are several options for point defense labeled to the effect of "fire N missiles per target", which will auto-fire AMMs at incoming missile salvos at that ratio - by default if you auto-assign the fire controls the game tends to prefer 3 missiles per target. You can of course also direct fire manually if necessary.

Unlike beam PD you do need one fire control per salvo, but MFCs are quite small and cheap so this is easy to afford.

The following users thanked this post: kilo, Lord Solar

Offline kilo

• Lt. Commander
  • k
« Reply #1165 on: January 16, 2021, 03:49:39 PM »
Thanks. This means I will bring enough MFCs. The ratio will be changed depending on the enemy's missile capabilities.

Offline alex_g

• Petty Officer
  • a
« Reply #1166 on: January 16, 2021, 04:13:07 PM »
Regarding AMM ships is there a way to tell ships to equally contribute? i. e.  to make ammo usage more uniform.

In my game play I have AMM ships with 6 MFCs each and instead of my 6 ships shooting down 6 salvos with 1 MFC each, only the first ship in the fleet will fire with all its 6 MFCs at the 6 salvos.

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #1167 on: January 16, 2021, 04:26:21 PM »
Regarding AMM ships is there a way to tell ships to equally contribute? i. e.  to make ammo usage more uniform.

In my game play I have AMM ships with 6 MFCs each and instead of my 6 ships shooting down 6 salvos with 1 MFC each, only the first ship in the fleet will fire with all its 6 MFCs at the 6 salvos.

Currently no... it require some micromanaging from the player to just add a few launcher from each ship if you think that is all that is needed to cover any incoming missiles.

I generally almost never find myself in this situation as I usually have enough beam PD to just ignore using missiles at all if I don't need all of them to fire of at least one volley each once. But sometimes you need to micro it by removing launchers from the MFC from your AMM ships.

The following users thanked this post: alex_g

Offline alex_g

• Petty Officer
  • a
« Reply #1168 on: January 16, 2021, 05:06:05 PM »
I recently made the mistake on getting in Precursor's AMM missile range after having no trouble against their ASMs. 

When I got into range of the their AMMs a few of my AMM ships were already out of ammo and even with 9 quad-turreted gauss cannons I would get hit on every volley, there were 2 salvos of 45 missiles each and I don't remember how many salvos of 4 missiles but they added to almost 200 and my 40k kms tracking speed was no match for their 77k kms speeds.

It was a massacre, I thought I could pull through it, but I that's when I realized how little MSP I've given my gauss ships, failure's started appearing and I lost that whole fleet in the engagement.
I also learned then that putting 9 lasers on the same BFC is overkill.

The following users thanked this post: Jorgen_CAB

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #1169 on: January 16, 2021, 05:16:18 PM »
I recently made the mistake on getting in Precursor's AMM missile range after having no trouble against their ASMs. 

When I got into range of the their AMMs a few of my AMM ships were already out of ammo and even with 9 quad-turreted gauss cannons I would get hit on every volley, there were 2 salvos of 45 missiles each and I don't remember how many salvos of 4 missiles but they added to almost 200 and my 40k kms tracking speed was no match for their 77k kms speeds.

It was a massacre, I thought I could pull through it, but I that's when I realized how little MSP I've given my gauss ships, failure's started appearing and I lost that whole fleet in the engagement.
I also learned then that putting 9 lasers on the same BFC is overkill.

One problem might be that your turrets was way overkill for the smaller salvos of AMM. Each turret can only engage ONE salvo at a time. It is often more efficient to use smaller gauss cannons so you don't overkill salvos as frequently. If you had 18 quad 50% sized quad turrets those salvos of 4 missiles would probably produce much less overkill.

I also think that nine total turrets in a fleet probably is a bit small, unless your fleet was small.

Armour is also a pretty good way to soak AMM as well if that is your intention... but that works best on really large ships who can afford many layers of armour.

You also can keep some of your own AMM in store and shoot them at the enemy ships rather than their AMM, that will force them to shoot at your AMM rather than your ships and you will eventually drain their AMM storage. You also can withhold firing ASM until you are really close of you carry ASM  which also will keep their AMM busy shooting at them instead.

The following users thanked this post: alex_g