Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 358149 times)

Offline ISN

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • I
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #1815 on: May 21, 2021, 02:16:36 PM »
Wait, sorry, I think I think I misinterpreted you. Is the number of crewmen listed the number currently available? I think I had interpreted it as the number produced, but now I'm thinking that might be wrong.

Yes, it is. You can see this most obviously in any game where you've built more ships than you can crew, because the number will go down to zero. Please don't ask me how I know this.  :P

Well that clears that up! I think I assumed it was the number produced because it's right under "Officer Graduates per Year," and I guess I never paid it enough attention to notice it going up and down.

Here I was wondering if I needed to build more academies, turns out I've got 100,000 unemployed sailors sitting around...

Offline Agraelgrimm

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #1816 on: May 21, 2021, 03:14:56 PM »
How do i refuel my ships? I have 3 stranded mining ships without fuel, a survey ship remade to carry enough fuel and a fuel transfer system, but somehow i cant refuel those ships. And i've tried everything. Am i missing something?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #1817 on: May 21, 2021, 03:16:20 PM »
The ship class you would like to refuel from needs to have the Tanker checkbox selected in the class design window.

Offline Agraelgrimm

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #1818 on: May 21, 2021, 03:24:04 PM »
The ship class you would like to refuel from needs to have the Tanker checkbox selected in the class design window.

It does. Am i missing something?

Offline Agraelgrimm

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #1819 on: May 21, 2021, 03:26:15 PM »
Nvm. I put the box: Refuel own fleet for the 34th time and somehow it worked. Havent worked the whole day, but suddenly it just started functioning. Idk why.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #1820 on: May 21, 2021, 03:31:03 PM »
Nvm. I put the box: Refuel own fleet for the 34th time and somehow it worked. Havent worked the whole day, but suddenly it just started functioning. Idk why.

If you don't have underway replenishment tech, then you can't refuel a fleet that is moving or has movement orders. Could that be the reason it didn't work before?

The following users thanked this post: Agraelgrimm

Offline Agraelgrimm

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #1821 on: May 21, 2021, 05:39:51 PM »

If you don't have underway replenishment tech, then you can't refuel a fleet that is moving or has movement orders. Could that be the reason it didn't work before?

Oh, it does make sense. It only started to refuel after i stoped everyship and their standing orders and just left them stranded there while i tought of something else. Then my ship started to do its own thing. That explains a lot.

Offline Agraelgrimm

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #1822 on: May 21, 2021, 10:37:02 PM »
Another problem... For some reason i have not been able to put a Sector Governor. I have the Sector HQ lv 5, i have the administrators, i assign but he never takes over. Is this a bug or am i missing something?

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #1823 on: May 21, 2021, 11:03:37 PM »
How do I turn part of my empire into an NPR? Is there anything I should take special consideration to prepare?

I want to simulate it fracturing due to over-extension so I can fight against humans.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #1824 on: May 21, 2021, 11:07:14 PM »
How do I turn part of my empire into an NPR? Is there anything I should take special consideration to prepare?

I want to simulate it fracturing due to over-extension so I can fight against humans.

It is not possible to convert a player race into an NPR, mainly because the NPR AI cannot handle the unexpected situation (although the 1.14 change for handling ship transfers may be a first step in this direction).

The best practice is going to be to have multiple player races and fight fair.  ;)

Offline Density

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • D
« Reply #1825 on: May 21, 2021, 11:15:51 PM »
Another problem... For some reason i have not been able to put a Sector Governor. I have the Sector HQ lv 5, i have the administrators, i assign but he never takes over. Is this a bug or am i missing something?

Do you mean the administrator isn't showing in the commander screen as having a job, or that no sector govenor is showing in the colony summary? If it's the latter, go into the sector window, click on the sector name, and add the systems to that sector.

Offline Pury

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #1826 on: May 22, 2021, 05:53:32 AM »
For AA hit chance following formula i used:
"The chance to hit is (10% x (Tracking Speed / Aircraft Speed) x (Morale / 100)) / Environment Modifier.  "
As I understand it uses Racial tracking speed right? Is the best defense for your own fighters to simply relay on enormous engines then? As even later in game the DMG of AA is oneshoting planes any way right? Also, does AA based fire cause shock dmg? Is the "penetration shape" identical to missiles?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 05:57:58 AM by Pury »

Offline Agraelgrimm

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #1827 on: May 22, 2021, 12:38:09 PM »

Do you mean the administrator isn't showing in the commander screen as having a job, or that no sector govenor is showing in the colony summary? If it's the latter, go into the sector window, click on the sector name, and add the systems to that sector.
The Administrator is not being assigned. When i try to assign him, i get a text saying that he was assigned, but when i go check the sector or the colony. he isnt. It says it has no administration.
And i am using the Lib and Resize Windows mod.

Offline serger

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #1828 on: May 22, 2021, 02:11:48 PM »
What is Lib mod?

Offline ChubbyPitbull

• Gold Supporter
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • C
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #1829 on: May 22, 2021, 03:51:09 PM »
How do you mark a ground unit format formation template as obsolete? I make new ones with my updated unit designs so I can build fresh units, but my formation list is being filled with outdated formations. Already accidentally queued up 20 of old models and had to go through and cancel them one by one!