Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 358163 times)

Offline kilo

• Lt. Commander
  • k
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #2085 on: August 09, 2021, 10:05:52 AM »
I do not have a missile boat in my current game, but I would like to build one now with orbital bombardment in mind. And here come the problems:

1. Is it possible to load alien missiles now or does it still require DB magic?
2. If they are not intended to be used, what do you guys think about building a size 12 high yield ground attack missile?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #2086 on: August 09, 2021, 10:31:55 AM »
I do not have a missile boat in my current game, but I would like to build one now with orbital bombardment in mind. And here come the problems:

2. If they are not intended to be used, what do you guys think about building a size 12 high yield ground attack missile?

• DB magic.
  • I generally avoid missile bombardment due to the effects on the planet environment and the collateral damage effects, but this is because I want to take and use the loot for my own empire. If you just want to kill everything then it is fine as long as you wipe out any PD STOs first.

Offline kilo

• Lt. Commander
  • k
« Reply #2087 on: August 09, 2021, 10:51:05 AM »

• DB magic.
  • I generally avoid missile bombardment due to the effects on the planet environment and the collateral damage effects, but this is because I want to take and use the loot for my own empire. If you just want to kill everything then it is fine as long as you wipe out any PD STOs first.

Well, it is "just" Rakhas on a planet with unfavorable terrain combined with me being backwards a few tech levels. The STOs have been dealt with. It is time for some instant sunshine ;D

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #2088 on: August 10, 2021, 12:01:34 AM »
I conquered an enemy planet and put police forces on it to max out the political stability modifier. Somehow the game keeps creating "new" colonies of said planet saying that the enemy forces capitulated. The political status of the planet is "Imperial Population".

What can I do to impede the creation of new colonies on the conquered planet?

So in one of my games I decided to DB magic to eliminate an NPR which was conquered already. One of the weird things I noticed was that the NPR had like 30 "populated" colonies with 0,01m population, none of them were being conquered because they were presumably empty. So I think the creation of these new colonies for you is that somehow, you are conquering these weird colonies.

I have seen something like this before and IIRC it was caused either by alien freighters dropping off minerals or mineral packets from automines - I dont recall exactly what I did about it but eventually it ceased - maybe because the source of the minerals was exhausted, or perhaps I upgraded to 1.13 and therefore nuked the campaign
Slàinte,

Mike

Offline xenoscepter (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2089 on: August 10, 2021, 02:44:33 AM »
Well, it is "just" Rakhas on a planet with unfavorable terrain combined with me being backwards a few tech levels. The STOs have been dealt with. It is time for some instant sunshine ;D

- "Here comes the sun..."

Offline Kamilo

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • K
« Reply #2090 on: August 10, 2021, 04:20:26 AM »
I conquered an enemy planet and put police forces on it to max out the political stability modifier. Somehow the game keeps creating "new" colonies of said planet saying that the enemy forces capitulated. The political status of the planet is "Imperial Population".

So in one of my games I decided to DB magic to eliminate an NPR which was conquered already. One of the weird things I noticed was that the NPR had like 30 "populated" colonies with 0,01m population, none of them were being conquered because they were presumably empty. So I think the creation of these new colonies for you is that somehow, you are conquering these weird colonies.

I have seen something like this before and IIRC it was caused either by alien freighters dropping off minerals or mineral packets from automines - I dont recall exactly what I did about it but eventually it ceased - maybe because the source of the minerals was exhausted, or perhaps I upgraded to 1.13 and therefore nuked the campaign

There arent any aliens objects left in the system, so I really don't know what's wrong. I delete the additional colonies as soon as they pop up.

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
« Reply #2091 on: August 10, 2021, 09:43:44 PM »

There arent any aliens objects left in the system, so I really don't know what's wrong. I delete the additional colonies as soon as they pop up.

I got the impression that it was caused by shipments already in progress at the time that I conquered the alien homeworld pop, they would arrive at the planet, not find the population that they had originally been sent to, and therefore auto create a new pop for the race. I definitely remember seeing alien freighters suddenly appear at the homeworld and new tiny populations appear.
Slàinte,

Mike

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #2092 on: August 10, 2021, 10:31:31 PM »

I got the impression that it was caused by shipments already in progress at the time that I conquered the alien homeworld pop, they would arrive at the planet, not find the population that they had originally been sent to, and therefore auto create a new pop for the race. I definitely remember seeing alien freighters suddenly appear at the homeworld and new tiny populations appear.

I'm left wondering if there's somehow an undetected and active/bugged alien CMC somewhere that's sending minerals to the homeworld and creating colonies with mineral packets.

Offline Kamilo

• K
« Reply #2093 on: August 11, 2021, 03:08:24 AM »

I'm left wondering if there's somehow an undetected and active/bugged alien CMC somewhere that's sending minerals to the homeworld and creating colonies with mineral packets.

I would be totally fine if there were any alien freighters etc. but there arent any. They keep getting created without any alien presence. I thought about deleting the main pop on the conquered planet and then to create a colony on it again just for the sake of seeing if it keeps happening or not.

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #2094 on: August 11, 2021, 03:56:52 AM »
I would be totally fine if there were any alien freighters etc. but there arent any. They keep getting created without any alien presence. I thought about deleting the main pop on the conquered planet and then to create a colony on it again just for the sake of seeing if it keeps happening or not.

The next time one shows up, save the game and open the database. Then poke around until you can figure out what is there. Is it population? Installations? Minerals?

Offline trainhighway

• Gold Supporter
  • Leading Rate
  • t
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #2095 on: August 11, 2021, 08:11:19 AM »
G'day  Everyone,
                         I recently started up a new game and wanted to disable automated officer promotion for all officers so I don't have to deal with them being promoted out of a job when I don't want it.  I assumed that by deselecting the realistic commander promotions that the game would no longer run the automatic promotions. 
Am I missing something or is it not how this option works?

Cheers

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #2096 on: August 11, 2021, 09:05:53 AM »

The next time one shows up, save the game and open the database. Then poke around until you can figure out what is there. Is it population? Installations? Minerals?

Worst case scenario you can pop into the DB and delete the offending NPR and all associated entries. Needless to say this is the risky approach so make a backup before you attempt this but an NPR that no longer exists should be unable to make new colonies.

Offline Kamilo

• K
« Reply #2097 on: August 11, 2021, 10:21:32 AM »

Worst case scenario you can pop into the DB and delete the offending NPR and all associated entries. Needless to say this is the risky approach so make a backup before you attempt this but an NPR that no longer exists should be unable to make new colonies.

How do I do that?

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #2098 on: August 11, 2021, 12:31:33 PM »

How do I do that?

FCT_Race is the table where the NPR is stored. However, since you are doing a manual deletion, the game won't be doing the usual cleanup that needs to be done. You will have to make sure that tables such as FCT_Ships, FCT_Population(s?) are purged of all entries that are associated with the appropriate raceID. Failure to do so will almost certainly break something in the save - which is why you need to make a backup in case you miss something and cause irreversible damage.

My recommendation is to find the NPR in FCT_Race and turn the NPR from an NPR race to a player race (there should be a binary column "NPR" with value "1", make that "0"). Once you do this, hop on the save, turn on SM and select the NPR race. SM delete everything that you can about that race through the game (document stuff that you can't delete as you need to enter the DB for that) without advancing game time and save the game, this way you've minimized the chance of missing something important. Finally delete the NPR and hopefully, your troubles will stop.

Offline kilo

• Lt. Commander
  • k
« Reply #2099 on: August 14, 2021, 03:32:12 PM »
Do the maintenance rules for military vessels apply to NPR vessels at all? I have seen an NPR with 4 megatons of deployed military vessels but only 0.27 megatons of maintenance capacity. This looks strange to me.