Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 358161 times)

Offline cdrtwohy

• Chief Petty Officer
  • c
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #2580 on: March 07, 2022, 02:07:34 PM »
that works, it was the datetime that was giving me a hard time, i did have to adjust the start date by one increment but that my have been my own fault as i gave a bunch of "medals" at time = 0 to simulate a peerage among the commanders

Offline boolybooly

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2581 on: March 09, 2022, 10:25:24 AM »
your formation generates 1 point every day meaning it needs 1400 days to survey or 3 years and 10 months.

AS far as i know multiple survey teams don't stack so you are wasting one of you teams as they do nothing for you

Time taken so far has already exceeded 3 years and 177 days.

I believe skoormit is correct but I will leave the formations in place as an experiment and see how long they take. My guess is just under 10 years if they stack and 20 if they dont. But if its 3yr10mo I will report back.

Hehe, could be a long wait. There will be questions in the UN assembly and calls for a survey policy revision I dont doubt!

The results are in for the experiment.

400 survey points world, one formation making one point, 50% survey, no commander
18 Aug 0050 troops dropped on Struve 2398 AII
03 Oct 0052 survey completed at Struve 2398 AII
776 days => approx 0.5 points per day

390 survey point world, two independent formations making one point each, 50% survey, no commander 
09 Oct 0052 troops dropped on Struve 2398 BIV
08 Nov 0053 survey completed on Struve 2398 BIV
395 days => approx 1.0 point per day

This shows the formations did stack and the points are generated per day. FYI
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 04:17:32 PM by boolybooly »

The following users thanked this post: Garfunkel, skoormit, gpt3

Offline Shuul

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • S
« Reply #2582 on: March 13, 2022, 09:11:37 AM »
Hi Steve,

Sorry if that is asked a lot, but is there planned date of release for next version?
Sitting in shelter in Ukriane and reading your twelve colonies campaign is a good distraction, so thank you for that :) Was just hoping to play the new version itself for even more distraction :)

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #2583 on: March 15, 2022, 08:03:56 AM »
is there planned date of release for next version?

It’s usually some variation on “mañana”.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #2584 on: March 15, 2022, 01:48:32 PM »
is there planned date of release for next version?

It’s usually some variation on “mañana”.
SoonTM

Offline xenoscepter (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2585 on: March 15, 2022, 02:36:00 PM »
Hi Steve,

Sorry if that is asked a lot, but is there planned date of release for next version?
Sitting in shelter in Ukriane and reading your twelve colonies campaign is a good distraction, so thank you for that :) Was just hoping to play the new version itself for even more distraction :)

--- Sooner than you'd think, but not quite as soon as you may like.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #2586 on: March 15, 2022, 02:41:42 PM »
Hi Steve,

--- Sooner than you'd think, but not quite as soon as you may like.

Half of release dates are half as soon as we'd like, and less than half of release dates are half as soon as we deserve.   ;)

The following users thanked this post: db48x, BAGrimm

Offline boolybooly

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2587 on: March 15, 2022, 03:05:00 PM »
My sympathies Shuul.

My question is, I have a situation, I picked up survivors from the wreck of a ship belonging to the Westerdale Monarchy which was attacked at a jump point guarded by beam ships of the Radash Union.

I had placed a diplomatic station staffed with a diplomat commander at the jump point to negotiate with the Radash guard ships which has been working to improve our diplomatic rating.

So I ordered the DIP station to collect the 24 survivors, which it did just fine though gave me a 1.8x overcrowding warning. Problem was I can find no way to transfer the survivors off the station.

Is that because it does not have cargo shuttles?

I tried bringing a cryo capable salvager ship (SV) with cargo shuttles and could not find a way to transfer the survivors to the cryo ship in mid space. I tried the SV ship detached (load ground units from stationary fleet does not show a target) and then joined them in a fleet and then I had the SV tractor the DIP station which also makes a fleet and there was no transfer. I decided to tractor the station to a Westerdale planet which had the order showing "unload survivors" but the survivors refused to unload. I tried three different planets with unload survivors order. I hoped the fleet would unload if one ship has shuttles but it didn't.

Why is that? Is it because the Westerdale planet did not have a spaceport or shuttle station and the DIP station does not have shuttles either? Or is there something I need to do to get the survivors to unload to the Westerdale planet?

EDIT I managed to unload them at my planet with a spaceport, but I cannot seem to move them onto a suitable ship now to transport them to a Westerdale planet, which would be the kind thing to do I feel! They are visible in the colony summary but I cannot find any way to interact with them. Any advice would be welcome, thanks.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 03:46:46 PM by boolybooly »

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #2588 on: March 15, 2022, 03:49:39 PM »
There is no way to transfer cargo - whether literal cargo in cargo bays, colonists, troops, prisoners/survivors, etc. between ships presently. You can only load and unload these things at colonies. Thankfully survivors do not require any special handling to unload so you can do so at any colony (and as there are no mechanics attached to this, one colony works equally well as any other).

In v2.0 this is being partially addressed with inter-ship cargo transfers but this is not extended to all types of cargo yet and these orders will be expanded "over time", so many in about 2030 we will be able to transfer survivors between ships?

EDIT: Currently once you unload survivors of another race they simply exist, there is no mechanic to interact with them or move them to another colony once they are unloaded. You will just have to ignore them basically.

The following users thanked this post: boolybooly, dsedrez

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2589 on: March 16, 2022, 06:11:15 AM »
Hi Steve,

Real Life has been interfering :)

I've been on holiday and a few other distractions, but I have just updated the Twelve Colonies campaign so at least something new to read. Hope you are staying safe.

I'm still finding some bugs, including this morning, but I don't intend adding any more significant features. It is just a case now of a little more playtesting and then generating the enthusiasm to get v2.0 finalised and released.

The following users thanked this post: Black, snapto, Bubbaisagod, Lornalt, BAGrimm, boolybooly, skoormit, karax268, gpt3

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #2590 on: March 16, 2022, 10:56:16 AM »
I'm still finding some bugs, including this morning, but I don't intend adding any more significant features. It is just a case now of a little more playtesting and then generating the enthusiasm to get v2.0 finalised and released.

I will happily lend you my enthusiasm!  ;D

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #2591 on: March 16, 2022, 01:08:04 PM »
I'll lend you my enthusiasm today for an Aurora on Tuesday. ;)

Offline ranger044

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • r
« Reply #2592 on: March 17, 2022, 01:50:23 AM »
Just a question of curiosity, how many academies do people tend to build? I usually have around 15-20 by the time I'm warring with an NPR, and will usually build a few more here and there after. That's still not enough for me due to my OOBs and role playing, but it also somehow feels excessive. Just curious on people's thoughts.

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #2593 on: March 17, 2022, 08:22:37 AM »
Just a question of curiosity, how many academies do people tend to build? I usually have around 15-20 by the time I'm warring with an NPR, and will usually build a few more here and there after. That's still not enough for me due to my OOBs and role playing, but it also somehow feels excessive. Just curious on people's thoughts.

I always want to build more academies, but I have a hard time actually putting them at the top of my build queue--there's always something that seems more pressing.
I don't think I've ever had more than 10.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #2594 on: March 17, 2022, 09:38:25 AM »
I usually find that running out of leaders is a bigger bottleneck for ships and ground formations than running out of build capacity, so I'm not sure I would ever stop building academies. This could change in 2.0 since naval and ground commander generation rates will approximately double, but I suspect that I will not have problems finding anything for my commanders to do even with the change.

Actually in Steve's current BSG campaign he is building a lot of ground forces on a 5,000-ton base formation standard and still overproduces ground commanders, so I am hoping that battalion-scale will be feasible in 2.0 compared to the regimental/brigade scale I usually use right now.