Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 365606 times)

Offline Xanithas

• Chief Petty Officer
  • X
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #2970 on: September 02, 2022, 07:59:34 PM »
So I know the basics of terraforming (what gasses to add to get the values in the habitable range for my race, keep it in at both perihelion and aphelion, water vapor for hydro extent ect.) but how do I get specific terrain types? I want to get some varied terrain types for empire flavor but it seems I only can get steppe if the planet is in the habitable range for baseline starting race. Is there a specific thing I am missing, like to much greenhouse gasses, or not enough variety in the atmosphere, or do I need to wait for the trees and other vegetation to grow over time ect?

Offline ranger044

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • r
« Reply #2971 on: September 02, 2022, 09:01:44 PM »
Keep adding water. Terrain type is dependent on multiple things, mostly atmosphere+hydro extent+tectonics. If you have a mountainous world, for example, more water will turn it into forested mountains eventually. Keeping the planet warm enough is important for vegetation as well.

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #2972 on: September 03, 2022, 04:50:55 AM »
So I know the basics of terraforming (what gasses to add to get the values in the habitable range for my race, keep it in at both perihelion and aphelion, water vapor for hydro extent ect.) but how do I get specific terrain types? I want to get some varied terrain types for empire flavor but it seems I only can get steppe if the planet is in the habitable range for baseline starting race. Is there a specific thing I am missing, like to much greenhouse gasses, or not enough variety in the atmosphere, or do I need to wait for the trees and other vegetation to grow over time ect?

The requirements are detailed here:

Note however that 14 additional terrain types were added a few months back. Many of them are intended for planets with both a wide temperature variation between perihelion and apohelion and a short orbital period.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #2973 on: September 03, 2022, 02:40:07 PM »
Is there any way to set the formation template for the CMC garrisons before the first one spawns? I'm tired of not being able to force the first garrison that spawns to match whatever changes I make to the template. I am more than happy to edit the DB if that will do it.

(Reposting a previous question due to lack of answer.)

Offline nakorkren

• Lt. Commander
  • n
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #2974 on: September 04, 2022, 11:57:43 AM »
Nuclearslurpee, it never occurred to me to change their template! What happens when you do that? Do all future CMCs spawn with that new template? Does it cost (someone?) more if you make the garrison template much larger, i.e. start adding STOs and more units?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #2975 on: September 04, 2022, 12:14:04 PM »
Do all future CMCs spawn with that new template?

Yes. This is how you can make new CMCs spawn with up-to-date ground units, especially in conventional starts when the first CMCs might have 3/3 or 4/5 racial stats.

Does it cost (someone?) more if you make the garrison template much larger, i.e. start adding STOs and more units?

Since they generate automatically I do not believe it costs anyone anything, so you could cheese the game with million-ton CGRs if you wanted to.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2976 on: September 04, 2022, 12:25:24 PM »
Is there any way to set the formation template for the CMC garrisons before the first one spawns? I'm tired of not being able to force the first garrison that spawns to match whatever changes I make to the template. I am more than happy to edit the DB if that will do it.

Locate the civilian garrison in the FCT_GroundUnitFormationTemplate table, then use the ID to modify the entries in FCT_GroundUnitFormationElementTemplates, which itself refers to different class IDs from the FCT_GroundUnitClass table.

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #2977 on: September 04, 2022, 01:37:17 PM »

Locate the civilian garrison in the FCT_GroundUnitFormationTemplate table, then use the ID to modify the entries in FCT_GroundUnitFormationElementTemplates, which itself refers to different class IDs from the FCT_GroundUnitClass table.

Thanks Steve. This isn't quite what I need though, as this still wouldn't let me set the CGR template before a CMC generates in-game - which is what I want to do, as otherwise the first CGR that generates will always be different from the ones that follow. I think in the past I've tried creating a formation and setting the AutomatedTemplateID to 2, but this hasn't worked, and there doesn't seem to be any other flag to set in the DB that tells the CMCs to use this template.

It is a very minor thing, especially since the CGRs aren't more than a speed bump anyways, but I would like to fix it anyways if I could. I feel bad for the guys at CMC#1 using "Infantry Anti-Tank" while the guys at CMC #2 established three weeks later get to use "P-69 Super Pulverizer Rocket Launchers".  :)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 01:39:04 PM by nuclearslurpee »

Offline paolot

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • p
« Reply #2978 on: September 05, 2022, 07:34:10 PM »
Can a tug tow a wreck?
I still haven't a ship to recover the wrecks, but I have tugs.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #2979 on: September 05, 2022, 07:34:37 PM »
Can a tug tow a wreck?
I still haven't a ship to recover the wrecks, but I have tugs.

No.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #2980 on: September 05, 2022, 07:57:49 PM »
Steve planned to add that functionality for 2.0 but it hasn't been implemented yet. Perhaps in the future as I really want to create a "wrecking planet" that just salvages wrecks from across the galaxy.

Offline Sunsnarren

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • S
« Reply #2981 on: September 05, 2022, 08:38:12 PM »
Is there any way at all to downsize the game's windows? I had to get rid of my old laptop and this new one has 1366*768 as its maximum resolution which often cuts off the bottom of windows xD I end up having to altgr+<-- just to be able to see the buttons at the bottom of most windows xD I may end up having to buy a spare hdmi cable just to connect my screen display to a damn tv xD

Offline ranger044

• r
« Reply #2982 on: September 05, 2022, 08:43:23 PM »
Is there any way at all to downsize the game's windows? I had to get rid of my old laptop and this new one has 1366*768 as its maximum resolution which often cuts off the bottom of windows xD I end up having to altgr+<-- just to be able to see the buttons at the bottom of most windows xD I may end up having to buy a spare hdmi cable just to connect my screen display to a damn tv xD

There's a window resizing mod in the approved mods section that does what you're looking for

Offline themousemaster

• t
« Reply #2983 on: September 08, 2022, 01:14:52 PM »
Is there a window where I can check an NPR's Diplomacy and Xenophobia stats?  (with SM, I'd assume)

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #2984 on: September 08, 2022, 04:32:56 PM »
Is there a window where I can check an NPR's Diplomacy and Xenophobia stats?  (with SM, I'd assume)

Nope. Even the SM cannot peek at the NPRs.