Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 358194 times)

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #3120 on: December 09, 2022, 03:22:01 AM »
You could view an engineless ground support fighter as an orbital weapons platform or as they move at Mach 3 , consider the basic properties of their Trans-newtonian design let them manuevr at hypersonic speeds

Offline ChubbyPitbull

• Gold Supporter
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • C
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #3121 on: December 09, 2022, 11:39:52 AM »
Good afternoon! I was wondering, how do you transfer maintenance supplies from a ship to a colony?

I have a situation where I deployed a bright a shiny new system patrol fleet to a new colony, once the number of maintenance facilities I had there were fully staffed and were capable of supporting a bit beyond the total tonnage of the patrol fleet.

However, I just managed to catch the fact that while, thanks to my research, my MF capacity is fine tonnage-wise, the MF's on the colony are actually using up MSP to maintain the patrol fleet faster than they can produce them. The colony had already dwindled to 600 MSP. I set up some civilian work orders to transfer additional MFs to the colony to increase MSP production (mineral reserves are sufficient) since my cargo fleets were all tied up elsewhere, but in the meantime I detailed one of my deep-space maintenance vessels I had in reserve to the colony in order to deliver some emergency MSP until the new MFs are online. The maintenance vessel itself lacks sufficient capacity to maintain the entire patrol fleet, but it carries a reserve of 100k+ maintenance supplies so I wanted to transfer the bulk of that to the colony for the colony's MFs to use in the interim, and then my MV can resupply back at my capital.

However, the MV fleet doesn't seem to have any orders that would allow transferring MSP to the colony, only to resupply from the colony. I went through all the tabs for both the overall fleet, as well as the MV ship inside the MV fleet, and didn't see any buttons or options to transfer MSP to the colony, similar to what the VB version of Aurora had.

How do you transfer MSP to a colony in C# Aurora? Thanks!

Offline papent

• Lieutenant
  • Off We Go Into The Wild Blue Yonder
« Reply #3122 on: December 09, 2022, 12:49:19 PM »
Is the ship marked as a supply ship in the ship design window?
In my humble opinion anything that could be considered a balance issue is a moot point unless the AI utilize it against you because otherwise it's an exploit you willing choose to use to game the system. 
Rule 0 Is effect : "The SM is always right/ What SM Says Goes."

The following users thanked this post: ChubbyPitbull

Offline ChubbyPitbull

• Gold Supporter
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • C
« Reply #3123 on: December 09, 2022, 01:37:19 PM »
Is the ship marked as a supply ship in the ship design window?

Welp! I did not. Thanks so much! The order to transfer maint to colony shows up now.

Offline xenoscepter (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3124 on: December 12, 2022, 03:27:06 PM »
 --- How hard would it be to add in custom ground unit types, custom ground unit armor types, and custom ground unit weapons?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #3125 on: December 12, 2022, 07:06:43 PM »
--- How hard would it be to add in custom ground unit types,

I don't think this is possible because there each existing base unit class requires a column in the DIM_GroundComponentType table. You may be able to repurpose one of the existing unit types if you think one or two are extraneous.

custom ground unit armor types,

It looks like there would not be any problem doing this as far as I can see from the DB table. You'll have to add a tech to research the armor type or piggyback on an existing TechSystemID.

and custom ground unit weapons?

As long as you don't want a new functionality (i.e., you just want to vary the stats from one or more existing weapon types), this is also easy to do. Again you will need a TechSystemID to go with it.

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #3126 on: December 26, 2022, 10:11:07 AM »
It appears species transition is still not in the current version. But is that correct or am I overlooking something?(happens often enough)
I had some modification techs and then created and researched a new species for cold low gravity bodies, but neither can I see the species' existence in any tech listing or race information window, nor can I spot an option to specify what my existing genetic modification centers should transfer people to in the colony window.
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3127 on: December 27, 2022, 12:17:41 AM »
Still not implemented and we all patiently await the day...

The following users thanked this post: Vandermeer

Offline Benben1901

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • B
« Reply #3128 on: December 30, 2022, 09:24:15 AM »
Hello all,
How do you get the medal condition "Having participated in one Combat Drop Transport" to trigger, since just using the orbital drop onto a hostile planet does not seem to work, or I am missing something,
Thanks,

Offline Froggiest1982

• Vice Admiral
  • F
« Reply #3129 on: December 30, 2022, 12:05:00 PM »
Hello all,
How do you get the medal condition "Having participated in one Combat Drop Transport" to trigger, since just using the orbital drop onto a hostile planet does not seem to work, or I am missing something,
Thanks,

If I remember properly, the drop must happen while a combat on the planet is in place.

The following users thanked this post: Benben1901

Offline lumporr

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • l
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
« Reply #3130 on: January 05, 2023, 04:08:33 PM »
Question regarding parasites and command modules: would a science module apply a bonus to a ship carrying parasites with survey sensors? I have a habit of making "lab" ships with nothing but survey sensors and using carriers as my surveyors, which grants a great deal of flexibility for a relatively minor penalty to weight per sensor (see below for an example design). My question now is, what would be the most efficient way to apply a commander bonus to my surveyors? I don't think I want to add a science module to every single lab ship, but I'm wondering whether or not there's an alternative (besides just forgoing the bonus altogether).

Code: [Select]
Planetary class Survey Module      800 tons       6 Crew       309.8 BP       TCS 16    TH 0    EM 0
1 km/s      Armour 1-7       Shields 0-0       HTK 3      Sensors 0/0/0/3      DCR 0      PPV 0
Maint Life 0.11 Years     MSP 15    AFR 160%    IFR 2.2%    1YR 141    5YR 2,119    Max Repair 100 MSP
Kaigun-Chōsa    Control Rating 1   
Intended Deployment Time: 1 days    Morale Check Required   

Geological Survey Sensors (3)   3 Survey Points Per Hour

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes
This design is classed as a Survey Ship for auto-assignment purposes

Here, the module ship weighs 800 tons, only 50 more than the three survey sensors it carries.

Furthermore, do parasite passive sensors function as normal while within a mothership?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3131 on: January 05, 2023, 08:39:50 PM »
Question regarding parasites and command modules: would a science module apply a bonus to a ship carrying parasites with survey sensors?

No. With the exception of Flag Bridges, modules only affect the ship they are on.

My question now is, what would be the most efficient way to apply a commander bonus to my surveyors? I don't think I want to add a science module to every single lab ship, but I'm wondering whether or not there's an alternative (besides just forgoing the bonus altogether).

If you are using a larger number of small surveyors, the best use of a science lab is probably "none". Command modules are really in the game, from a mechanical perspective, to enable the player to get use out of commanders if he does not have enough ships to give everyone a useful command. The only reason you need to use them is if your commander utilization rate is well below 100%. This usually applies to a navy which uses fewer, larger ships, as if you use a lot of small ships and parasites you will usually have plenty of commands available without resorting to the secondary modules.

Furthermore, do parasite passive sensors function as normal while within a mothership?

No.

The following users thanked this post: Kelewan, lumporr

Offline sneer

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #3132 on: January 06, 2023, 04:50:27 AM »
I think it happened to be mentioned before but I would add possibility to see all known rifts
I have color coded events that makes me less focused on reading events and I certainly missed this in my game
and this is actualy quite important info
I would add this to contact section of the interface

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3133 on: January 06, 2023, 06:10:51 AM »
I think it happened to be mentioned before but I would add possibility to see all known rifts
I have color coded events that makes me less focused on reading events and I certainly missed this in my game
and this is actualy quite important info
I would add this to contact section of the interface

That is already in the v2.2 changes.

Offline sneer

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #3134 on: January 06, 2023, 07:13:03 AM »
great
thank You