Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 358180 times)

Offline Blorkman

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • B
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #3195 on: February 21, 2023, 02:13:42 PM »
Does anybody know how to select multiple ground formations at the same time ?
Dragging individually each formation under their respective command is painstakingly long when you have hundreds of them

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #3196 on: February 21, 2023, 02:52:31 PM »
Does anybody know how to select multiple ground formations at the same time ?
Dragging individually each formation under their respective command is painstakingly long when you have hundreds of them

It is not possible AFAIK, but in the next release (Steve plz) we will be able to build formations into an organization template which should help considerably with this, especially combined with the rework of GU construction to work like any other kind of construction instead of one formation per facility.

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #3197 on: February 22, 2023, 07:45:38 PM »
Is there any way to add custom rules for automatically awarding medals in addition to the conditions that are already there?

If I wanted to add a rule that awarded a medal after being assigned to an Admin or an Academy how would I do it?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3198 on: February 22, 2023, 09:49:58 PM »
Is there any way to add custom rules for automatically awarding medals in addition to the conditions that are already there?

You can use any of the existing condition types and change the numerical value as desired (e.g., make a medal condition for destroying 69,420 tons of military shipping).

However:

If I wanted to add a rule that awarded a medal after being assigned to an Admin or an Academy how would I do it?

Nope, sorry. Gotta do it manually.

Offline Warer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3199 on: February 23, 2023, 09:23:11 AM »
DB editing question does anyone know how DIM_SystemAbundance works in detail?

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #3200 on: February 23, 2023, 11:38:45 AM »
What does Missile Agility do for accuracy that bigger engines doesn't?

I feel like there is an optimal 'ratio of agility to missile size that gives much better accuracy returns than just increasing the speed of a missile, but if you go over it you are wasting space.

The following users thanked this post: Warer

Offline Warer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3201 on: February 23, 2023, 12:18:22 PM »

I feel like there is an optimal 'ratio of agility to missile size that gives much better accuracy returns than just increasing the speed of a missile, but if you go over it you are wasting space.
Basically this especially at later tech levels, missiles have a maneuver rating (MR) that boots to hit chance and agility is how you change it. Don't have the numbers on me but with MaxTech agility I think you can make missiles with single digit speeds that can swat all but the fastest missiles with +100% accuracy.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3202 on: February 23, 2023, 02:38:42 PM »

Missile accuracy (% chance to hit) is based on the product of speed and "maneuver rating". Speed is obvious; Maneuver rating is (10 + Agility / MSP) and is subject to integer rounding. This means that a mathematical optimum split between engine and agility MSP exists for a given missile design, although it is not easy to determine.

In practice, this calculation has to be balanced against the ability of your missile to beat enemy PD, which is related to speed only, so the "correct" optimization is rarely clear.

Basically this especially at later tech levels, missiles have a maneuver rating (MR) that boots to hit chance and agility is how you change it. Don't have the numbers on me but with MaxTech agility I think you can make missiles with single digit speeds that can swat all but the fastest missiles with +100% accuracy.

Thankfully this is not correct... however, at current MaxTech you can design an AMM which has 100% chance to hit any target and can mount ECCM, and is thus a "perfect" missile. But that "perfect" missile will still be moving pretty fast, definitely not single-digit speed.  ;)

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #3203 on: February 24, 2023, 12:01:45 AM »
What are the pro's and con's of relying on civilians to haul all your stuff?

I find I'm only using state-owned freighters in initial colonization fleets to bring along the infrastructure. All other facility transport needs are outsourced to the private sector.

Also, what is a good size for STOs? Do you want to emphasize damage per shot or quantity of shots generally?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 12:12:15 AM by Borealis4x »

Offline StarshipCactus

• Lt. Commander
  • S
« Reply #3204 on: February 24, 2023, 02:10:37 AM »
What are the pro's and con's of relying on civilians to haul all your stuff?

I find I'm only using state-owned freighters in initial colonization fleets to bring along the infrastructure. All other facility transport needs are outsourced to the private sector.

Also, what is a good size for STOs? Do you want to emphasize damage per shot or quantity of shots generally?
You can only ship through a JP network and sometimes they don't have the right priorities. Mixed probably works best.

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #3205 on: February 26, 2023, 12:07:48 AM »
Is there a reason for planetary PD STO's against the AI? Do they really launch missiles at your colonies?

Offline kilo

• Lt. Commander
  • k
« Reply #3206 on: February 26, 2023, 01:09:40 AM »
Is there a reason for planetary PD STO's against the AI? Do they really launch missiles at your colonies?

They are not only useful for defending the colony but ships around it as well. On top of that they do not have MSP maintenance cost, only wealth. I do not recall an instance in C# in which my planet was bombed with missiles though. In VB6 there were unfavorable encounters with invaders during which a few civilians died. 

Offline Warer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3207 on: February 26, 2023, 07:29:49 AM »
Does increased slipway size have any effect on shipbuild speed?

If I build a 1000ton ship in a 2000ton Shipyard will it build faster than in a 1000ton shipyard?

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3208 on: February 26, 2023, 07:32:23 AM »
Does increased slipway size have any effect on shipbuild speed?

If I build a 1000ton ship in a 2000ton Shipyard will it build faster than in a 1000ton shipyard?

Build rate is based on the size of the ship being built.

Offline Rince Wind

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #3209 on: February 26, 2023, 04:45:46 PM »
What should my troops train for if they have to fight on a swamp planet. Jungle?