Author Topic: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 67968 times)

Offline Ektor

• Lieutenant
  • E
Re: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #450 on: February 11, 2021, 10:03:42 AM »
So it seems that the "Multiple Award" checkbox in the medal screen does nothing. I cannot, in fact, give the same medal to the same commander twice. When I give it again, the new medal overrides the previous.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #451 on: February 11, 2021, 11:57:57 AM »
So it seems that the "Multiple Award" checkbox in the medal screen does nothing. I cannot, in fact, give the same medal to the same commander twice. When I give it again, the new medal overrides the previous.

It does work, but the way it works is confusing and the effect is probably not what you want.

They way it is intended to work is to allow the same medal to be awarded multiple times for meeting different auto-award conditions. For example, you might set for one medal the conditions "Destroy 10,000 tons of Military Shipping" and "Destroy 100,000 tons of Commercial Shipping". Since the medal conditions are OR conditionals, the medal would awarded as soon as the commander meets one of those two criteria; selecting the Multiple Awards checkbox allows the medal to be awarded again when the same commander meets the other criterion. I don't believe this has any effect on manual awards - you can always manually award any medal for any reason if you want to.

However, the medal display does not show copies of each medal when it is awarded multiple times, it will only ever display that medal one time. This is as far as I know WAI based on how medals are implemented, but it would be an excellent suggestion to change this behavior as right now Multiple Awards medals are kind of useless in practice because of this.

The following users thanked this post: Sebmono

Offline Ektor

• Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #452 on: February 11, 2021, 04:19:09 PM »
I'd love it if it displayed it several times.

Offline Kristover

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • K
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #453 on: February 11, 2021, 06:40:27 PM »
I'm not a fan of multiple awards being display as several versions of the same medal.  That isn't how its done in the military.  I spent 23 years in and had 7 Army Achievement Medals (minor commendation that gets handed out quite frequently, just about any career guy ends up with several of these) and it would have looked like crap to have seven of those ribbons hanging on my chest.  What happens with multiple awards is 'medal devices' - tiny little pins you stick in the ribbon. Sometimes they are stars, numbers, oak leaves...depends.  If we are going to display multiple awards, then I would support a medal device affixed to the ribbon to signify multiple awards.

The following users thanked this post: Sebmono

Offline Ektor

• Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #454 on: February 11, 2021, 08:50:38 PM »
I'm not a fan of multiple awards being display as several versions of the same medal.  That isn't how its done in the military.  I spent 23 years in and had 7 Army Achievement Medals (minor commendation that gets handed out quite frequently, just about any career guy ends up with several of these) and it would have looked like crap to have seven of those ribbons hanging on my chest.  What happens with multiple awards is 'medal devices' - tiny little pins you stick in the ribbon. Sometimes they are stars, numbers, oak leaves...depends.  If we are going to display multiple awards, then I would support a medal device affixed to the ribbon to signify multiple awards.

You clearly haven't seen those old Russian generals from the Soviet era with their chest lacking any further space for medals. :P

Jokes asides, you're perfectly right. There could be a way to display it better than multiple flags. I'd be satisfied if when you moused over the medal in the commander menu it would say "medal of something x2."

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #455 on: February 12, 2021, 03:04:06 AM »
When adding installations in SM Mode the UI is only updated when adding a new installation. When you increase the number of any installation that is already on the planet, the UI is not updated. The numbers are correctly added, it is just the UI that is not updated.

Offline Kiero

• Bronze Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • In space no one can hear you scream.
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #456 on: February 12, 2021, 04:31:29 AM »
When you disassemble a component that will add research points to an ongoing research project that has other projects in a queue it will break the queue for all projects.

Error message:
#2169 An object reference was set to an instance of an object

Offline Denniz

• Leading Rate
  • D
« Reply #457 on: February 13, 2021, 07:21:22 AM »
White screen issue on the main system screen, but only for the Sol system.  It manifested when I opened the game this morning.  It was fine when I saved it yesterday.

Note, I saw the thread from 1. 1, but reset window didn't fix it.  I also tried switching back and forth between games.  Any idea how to get it back?

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #458 on: February 13, 2021, 08:28:07 AM »
White screen issue on the main system screen, but only for the Sol system.  It manifested when I opened the game this morning.  It was fine when I saved it yesterday.

Note, I saw the thread from 1. 1, but reset window didn't fix it.  I also tried switching back and forth between games.  Any idea how to get it back?

Zoom out. That's the sun.

The following users thanked this post: Steve Walmsley, Froggiest1982, Kristover, db48x, papent, TheTalkingMeowth, Gabrote42, Sebmono

Offline Kishmond

• Petty Officer
  • K
« Reply #459 on: February 13, 2021, 03:47:45 PM »
I'm seeing a bug that seems to be identical to this one from v1.9.5

Same error text in two different scenarios.
Text: Value was either too large or too small for a Decimal.
Function #2184 when viewing the colony in the Economics window.
Function #2092 when passing time.

The situation I saw it in:
  • I had a planet with a population of 1,200m but 0 TN workers because the colony cost is 7. There were 5 mass drivers with a target, 5 mines, and discovered minerals but none were being mined. I did not see the error in this state.
  • I added a new orbital habitat with a population capacity of 2m and 50 more mines around the same time. I started to see the bug right after I added the habitat.

Sometimes passing 5 days a couple of times removed the bug until I save and reload. Changing the mass driver destination to 'None' was a more reliable fix.

Offline Denniz

• Leading Rate
  • D
« Reply #460 on: February 13, 2021, 04:13:22 PM »
Quote from: Zap0 link=topic=11945. msg148889#msg148889 date=1613226487
Quote from: Denniz link=topic=11945. msg148888#msg148888 date=1613222482
White screen issue on the main system screen, but only for the Sol system.   It manifested when I opened the game this morning.   It was fine when I saved it yesterday. 

Note, I saw the thread from 1.  1, but reset window didn't fix it.   I also tried switching back and forth between games.   Any idea how to get it back?

Zoom out.  That's the sun.
LOL! Thanks. 

The following users thanked this post: papent, Zap0

Offline Fray

• Petty Officer
  • F
« Reply #461 on: February 14, 2021, 09:05:13 PM »
When you post, please post as much information as possible, including:
The function number: n/a
The complete error text: No error
The window affected: Economics/GU Training
What you were doing at the time: Creating ground units
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Random
Is your decimal separator a comma?: No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Easy
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: n/a

In the ground unit training window, if you delete the active task, the task queue will not correctly advance. To reproduce:
1) Queue up a set of ground units.
2) Delete the active task. You'll see that the queue is unaffected by this.
3) Run a few construction cycles. You'll see that the queue does not advance. The first queued task will not begin.

You can create a new task, and it will become the new active task, jumping to the front of the queue. Otherwise, the queue remains frozen.

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #462 on: February 15, 2021, 02:36:54 PM »
New game, no error messages, period is the decimal separator, etc. I just noticed that the Per Mine rate shown for Conventional Industry on the mining tab is incorrect. They have a Production rate of 1.5, and I have a Total Mod of 1.3, so the Per Mine rate should be 1.95, but it shows 1.3. It calculates the Total Prod correctly, 628*1.95, so this must be a display error rather than a calculation error.

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #463 on: February 20, 2021, 08:21:36 AM »
Problem: Freighter in flight Refueling not working

The function number: n/a
The complete error text: No error
The window affected: Naval Organisation
What you were doing at the time: Moving Freighter groups
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Random
Is your decimal separator a comma?: No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Easy
If this is a long campaign - no

Standard freighters and Colony ships do not refuel from attached tankers

Put a bunch of freighters in a fleet with a tanker, tanker is set to refuel own fleet, move beyond max freighter range then they will run out of fuel.  Add a few salvagers and they will be refueled but not the freighters.
Slàinte,

Mike

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #464 on: February 20, 2021, 10:29:10 PM »
Standard freighters and Colony ships do not refuel from attached tankers

Put a bunch of freighters in a fleet with a tanker, tanker is set to refuel own fleet, move beyond max freighter range then they will run out of fuel.  Add a few salvagers and they will be refueled but not the freighters.

Your screenshots are much too small to read any of the text, so I've no idea if you're making a mistake or not. However, in my current game I have a fleet of six freighters and a tanker and the freighters are definitely being refueled by the tanker while in flight. Sadly I neglected the underway replenishment tech line so the tanker is not able to keep up; every so often they have to stop for a day to refuel while stationary.