Author Topic: How do Invaders work?  (Read 2607 times)

Offline Stormtrooper (OP)

• Captain
  • S
  • The universe is a Dark Forest
How do Invaders work?
« on: January 10, 2021, 07:46:17 PM »
So I noticed an aether rift after some time (this was in a system linked by alien womrhole network), however so far I didn't see it spawning any ships (my terraforming stations in the system so far were safe, nobody attacked them), despite the rift growing. Thought maybe this was because of the aliens owning the network this system belongs to killing them or whatever, but actually nope, here's where things become interesting:

I checked the db and according to it, aliens I discovered within the network are invaders themselves! So far they just refuse to exchange info, but have never attacked my ships which've been trying to establish communication to no end, don't seem to expand in my direction, and, although I might be wrong here, I believe they stabilised two out of three jump points in the system containing rift (one was already stable and I entered the system through it, but the two other were not if I remember correctly).

So... How do invaders work? Where are those infamous game-ending assaults? Could someone explain to me what's going on?

The following users thanked this post: Warer

Offline Gabethebaldandbold

• last member of the noob swarm
  • Lt. Commander
Re: How do Invaders work?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2022, 01:30:52 PM »
Have they detected you yet?
To beam, or not to beam.   That is the question
the answer is you beam. and you better beam hard.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
Re: How do Invaders work?
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2022, 12:01:39 AM »