Author Topic: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 90958 times)

Offline somebody1212

• Chief Petty Officer
  • s
Re: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #495 on: August 30, 2021, 03:21:16 PM »
Bug? - Crew rescued from lifepods do not add to the crew formation size during boarding combat.

This came up during one of the duels being run on the Aurora4x discord - one of the players was running short on crew during a boarding action and decided to bolster their numbers by picking up the lifepods from some of their ships which had previously been destroyed but this did not add any additional crew to the combat.

Unclear whether this is WAI or not (cannot find anything on this on the forums) so posting here to confirm.

What you were doing at the time - collecting lifepods with a ship which has been boarded.
Conventional or TN start - Tested on both.
Random or Real Stars - Tested on both.
Is your decimal separator a comma? - Decimal separator is a full-stop, thousands separator is a space.
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? - Easy to reproduce.
Aurora4x Discord: https://discord.gg/TXK6qcP

Offline ISN

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #496 on: September 04, 2021, 08:13:16 PM »
You can order a fleet to unload survivors on a planet with no colony, but this does not actually unload any survivors. I imagine you shouldn't be able to give this order if there's no colony on the planet.

Offline idefelipe

• Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #497 on: September 06, 2021, 12:02:57 AM »
Good morning!

I have this chain of errors messages (see three images attached). And it happens all the time and massively, I mean that I click on ok and they are shown again and again and again... (I guess I have lost the game)

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #498 on: September 10, 2021, 01:12:01 PM »
Here's a fun one: Beam Fire Controls with tracking speed less than 1000 km/s have no build cost nor development cost.

I don't know why this exception should exist, since BFC cost is dependent only on size and this behavior does not seem to happen for very short ranges. Since a tracking speed <1000 km/s could be relevant in some SMed conventional settings I would recommend removing that exception if possible.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #499 on: September 11, 2021, 10:50:07 PM »
Might be related to the issue where a weapon with less than 10,000 km range never fires, ie in that there's something funky about beam weapons and BFCs at very short ranges and velocities.

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #500 on: September 14, 2021, 02:56:38 AM »
 --- Can we get Fighters fixed? They still don't load / unload colonists. :(

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #501 on: September 18, 2021, 11:41:14 AM »
Hello, quickly jumping in because it might be important. I think I got a critical clue or perhaps even solution on the #478, #1943, #1951 error loop that has been reported here at least 5 times like here and here.
Bughunter moved to report it to Steve here more than a year ago, but since I stumbled across the issue in my modern game, it seems there was yet no solution found.

I thought by myself that it was about civilian cargo, because I had been very busy managing some armaggeddon level evactuation that raised suspicion to be error prone. Luckily the critical clues in the forum set me towards that this was about an emerging spoiler, which I had missed was just discovered at some frontier routine search.
I stepped into the db to take a look and found this:

...A double instance of some Rakhas race. I expected to run into many problems trying to take them out, like having to one by one remove their ships, populations etcetc., but apparently I could just delete the second instance there, and then all the errors vanished.

So, precise analysis goes to Steve for this, but I can wager that it is either caused by having this spoiler race be generated at discovery (while others seem to exist at game start), or maybe just something with them spawning without having any apparent assets (again, ships or population). Either way, I would think the reason people seem to get these errors ~2 out of 5 times when encountering spoilers is that they encounter Rakhas, which seem to be broken in some way or the other. (Maybe someone can confirm if they have ever seen them for real and working)

Anyway, so whether this is caused by double race spawn or something else entirely, if you have the error and it comes from just Rakhas, you can save your original DB and then like me try to erase one or possibly more of them to see the errors go away.
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #502 on: September 18, 2021, 11:52:44 AM »
There can be multiple Rakhas races in a single game with different levels of tech. The same is true for Star Swarm.

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #503 on: September 18, 2021, 12:34:22 PM »
I figured. These two spawned in the same system at the same time but on different (closeby) system bodies though. If you need access to the erroneous db to find the exact issue with species 238 here, I still have it on file.
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline ISN

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #504 on: September 19, 2021, 07:26:06 PM »
If you order a fleet containing both dropships and regular troop transports to perform an orbital drop, it will drop all ground units, even the ones in transports that aren't drop-capable.

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #505 on: September 23, 2021, 08:45:28 AM »
Mass driver packet sizes are reduced by setting reserve levels on minerals.

Setup: Mars has three mass drivers, totaling 15kt/yr capacity.  There are 72x five day production cycles/year so maximum packet size should be just over 200t.  Its mass drivers are set to send minerals to Luna.  Because I'd like to keep some minerals on hand in case of future needs I have 5K reserve levels set for all minerals.  Five minerals have stockpiles in excess of the reserve, with about 4K total minerals available to be sent to Luna.  But packet sizes are around 18t.  Packets are sent at high velocity indicating there is reserve capacity available.  Zeroing the reserve for some minerals increases packet size.  Zeroing it for all minerals gives 205t packets.

So the code appears to be building a 205t packet out of all materials in the stockpile then removing minerals that are ineligible for launch instead of determining what minerals are available and then building a packet. 

To duplicate:  Have a few thousand tons of minerals stockpiled on a colony.  Set reserve levels above zero but below stockpile levels.  Target the mass driver at another colony, observe packet size and speed. 

See attached database - you can manipulate reserve levels on Mars then advance time to see the effect on packet size/speed

Offline Marski

• Commander
« Reply #506 on: September 25, 2021, 01:29:49 PM »
"1.13.0 Function #5: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
Absolute fresh start.
50-year ceasefire.
This error appears at every increment, be it 5-second or 30-day.
TN start, real stars.
5 NPR's on earth besides player, 3 alien NPR's elsewhere in the galaxy.
Multi-NPR on earth start, all earth-based NPR's were initially player controlled to ensure that no ships were spawned for them. Ship and ground unit designs I allowed to be auto-generated. Earth-based NPR's weren't given shipyards to give an even start.
Earth NPR's had their ground unit vehicles renamed to match real-life equipment. However this seemingly doesn't cause problems since the A.I builds formations that use said vehicles. The A.I also commences industry projects normally as well.

Switching the earth-based NPR's to player control and making turns with them however doesn't cause errors.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 01:33:29 PM by Marski »

Offline ISN

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #507 on: September 25, 2021, 04:10:38 PM »
There's a major bug with missile fire controls, and I'm really not sure how this hasn't been caught before (so if it has and I just haven't seen any mention of it I apologize in advance). When an MFC is destroyed, any salvo in flight fired by that MFC will disappear. This includes salvos fired by other ships in the same class: if an MFC on one ship is destroyed, all salvos fired by the equivalent MFC on any other ship of that class will disappear as well. If a ship is entirely destroyed it seems that the salvos sometimes don't disappear -- presumably in some cases the MFCs are destroyed before the ship is, while if the ship is destroyed without the MFCs being destroyed then the salvos don't disappear.

Version 1.13.0, period decimal separator. I tested this on a totally fresh DB and was able to reproduce it repeatedly. I really don't understand how this hasn't been spotted, as it makes many missile fights basically unplayable.

Offline ArcWolf

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #508 on: September 25, 2021, 09:48:10 PM »
Absolute fresh start.
50-year ceasefire.
TN start, real stars.
Multi-NPR on earth start, all earth-based NPR's were initially player controlled to ensure that no ships were spawned for them. Ship and ground unit designs I allowed to be auto-generated. Earth-based NPR's weren't given shipyards to give an even start.
Earth NPR's had their ground unit vehicles renamed to match real-life equipment. However this seemingly doesn't cause problems since the A.I builds formations that use said vehicles. The A.I also commences industry projects normally as well.

Switching the earth-based NPR's to player control and making turns with them however doesn't cause errors.

I've had the same thing happen to me, Not sure if it is truly a bug or the fact that a Player faction was made an NPR and is missing vital techs/AI logic.

Offline Marski

• Commander
« Reply #509 on: September 25, 2021, 10:18:43 PM »
Absolute fresh start.
50-year ceasefire.
TN start, real stars.

I've had the same thing happen to me, Not sure if it is truly a bug or the fact that a Player faction was made an NPR and is missing vital techs/AI logic.
Been trying to troubleshoot it, I've pinpointed it down to creating a player race and then turning it into NPR.
I haven't been able to find in the DB's how to "reverse" the tech advantages a generated NPR gets when auto-design is enabled.