Author Topic: Maximum Tech is.... out there  (Read 4274 times)

Offline kilo

• Lt. Commander
  • k
Re: Maximum Tech is.... out there
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2021, 01:02:34 AM »
Smaller Gauss turrets are extremely good. I have not done the math, whether it is better to build quad turrets with low chance to hit or a single turret with 4 times the chance to hit though. Larger turrets give you a turret rotating gear efficiency bonus. This might be an argument for extremely small Gauss.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2021, 05:21:51 AM »
Smaller Gauss turrets are extremely good. I have not done the math, whether it is better to build quad turrets with low chance to hit or a single turret with 4 times the chance to hit though. Larger turrets give you a turret rotating gear efficiency bonus. This might be an argument for extremely small Gauss.

I think this only becomes noticeably better on large/dedicated PD ships via economies of scale. I don't think this'll make too much of a different across a couple turrets.

Offline bdub1 (OP)

• Petty Officer
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2021, 04:57:55 PM »
Quote from: nuclearslurpee link=topic=12640. msg153810#msg153810 date=1627257143
A couple small things.  First, while it probably doesn't matter too much since max tech is usually the "I win" button, at least vs NPRs, the propulsion sections here are a little bit small at only 27% of total ship mass.  Could get some more out of that.

Second, it's worth noting that Gauss weapons are most effective at smaller sizes and single-turreted configurations, due to salvo overkill losses.  Generally size 1 HS and below is most optimal, but at max tech it may be even lower due to ROF 8 tech, I'm not sure.  As a bonus, reducing the gun/turret size also allows a bit more flexibility when configuring ships that will mount them.

Finally, given max tech I would probably think about pushing the BFC range to 200 kkm to gain some accuracy points for PD fire.  With this high volume of fire a better BFC pays off a lot.

Thank you, i was mostly guessing, figuring by eye that looked good enough, i'll remember that.
For now though I've moved onto a regular campaign
Next i'd've the posted cruisers but eh, they're just missile boats