Author Topic: Idea - Scenario repository  (Read 1069 times)

Offline idefelipe (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Idea - Scenario repository
« on: August 17, 2021, 03:58:56 AM »
With version 1.14 coming soon (hopefully), I have thought that we could make a repository of scenarios so that fans of the game can play them by simply downloading a file (the database).

Obviously this would require a set of rules to standardize the scenarios. These rules are not about what you can put in the scenario, but what to share, make a report for the scenario with the details, the content, the house-rules to play with it.

Then it would be a matter of saving them all in a thread and keeping it updated.... What do you think?

(This comes because I have come up with a scenario in which the earth finally bursts due to climate change, and a few million people manage to escape to some dwellings on Mars with four things to start with).

The following users thanked this post: Kiero

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
Re: Idea - Scenario repository
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2021, 11:24:12 AM »
The idea has been proposed before. The biggest challenge for this idea (IMO) is that scenarios cannot currently be transferred from one version of the game to another, and given how long a quality scenario would take to set up it is a lot of work which comes to very little when Steve increments the version (at least in terms of public-facing, as it is of course not a waste to create a scenario for oneself to play).

I've given some thought to developing some kind of program to actually handle transferring save files between database versions but certainly haven't had the time to even begin working on such a project.