Author Topic: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 210421 times)

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
Re: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #945 on: February 15, 2020, 07:26:10 AM »
Construction cycle won't run in two situations; space time bubble in effect or an active missile with a warhead and less than 12 hours endurance.

Thats it, my "new" minefield. Deleted and now it woeks again, thanks!

How do I make a mine that will work?

Hmm the strange thing is that seems to have retained the building and after I removed the offending mines everythinh updated the 7 months of "hiddeN2 time... ???
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 07:32:56 AM by ExChairman »
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #946 on: February 15, 2020, 08:59:34 AM »
Aurora knows when the last construction cycle occurred, and uses the exact number of elapsed seconds since then to calculate all production.

The following users thanked this post: ExChairman

Offline viperfan7

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • v
« Reply #947 on: February 19, 2020, 02:44:58 AM »
Having a strange issue with treeview elements.

Any time I make a change to, or select something found in a treeview (eg. the populated systems list) it stops rendering the contents, and closing and re-opening the window doesn't seem to clear the issue

Offline DIT_grue

• Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #948 on: February 19, 2020, 07:11:07 AM »
Having a strange issue with treeview elements.

Any time I make a change to, or select something found in a treeview (eg. the populated systems list) it stops rendering the contents, and closing and re-opening the window doesn't seem to clear the issue

I've never run into it myself so I can't remember exactly what it was and where to track it down, but there's a known bug involving treeviews and touchscreens. Whether or not you actually have a touch screen, find it the Windows settings and turn it off, see if that resolves your issue. Or you can probably search the forum and find more details.

The following users thanked this post: viperfan7

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #949 on: February 19, 2020, 12:19:26 PM »
Windows 10 has a Touch Screen service that automatically runs every time Windows is started, regardless whether you have a touch screen device or not. You need to find that service - Google will help you get up-to-date instructions - and then kill it. You can do it permanently if you don't have any touch screen devices.

The following users thanked this post: viperfan7

Offline viperfan7

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • v
« Reply #950 on: February 19, 2020, 11:01:11 PM »
For some reason can't disable it with services.msc, I'll write up something to powershell or something to disable it and post it in this post.

Edit:

Fixed it, steps to fix it if unable to end the service normally (Windows 10 1909)

1. Set startup to "Disabled" for the "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service" (TabletInputService)
2. Go to the services tab in the task manager, find "TabletInputService"
3. Right click, select "Go to details"
4. Press "End task"
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 11:13:41 PM by viperfan7 »

Offline Kyle

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #951 on: February 28, 2020, 11:33:18 AM »
Officers in a diplomatic team gain diplomacy bonus even while doing nothing.  It is possible to put every commander on a Diplomatic team at the start of a game and let it run on auto-turns until everyone is at 60%.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #952 on: February 28, 2020, 04:44:27 PM »
Officers in a diplomatic team gain diplomacy bonus even while doing nothing.  It is possible to put every commander on a Diplomatic team at the start of a game and let it run on auto-turns until everyone is at 60%.

Is this true for teams not located at the Capital?  Because Diplomacy teams at the Capital colony are not doing nothing, they're doing diplomacy.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #953 on: February 29, 2020, 12:36:46 PM »
They shouldn't be doing diplomacy unless you assign them to do so with a specific "alien". Just being assigned to a team but that team not doing anything, should not give skill ups. I haven't noticed espionage, xenology, or survey teams gaining points when idle but they usually aren't idle long so sample size is probably too small.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #954 on: February 29, 2020, 05:24:59 PM »
Espionage teams on their own colony are 'defending' against enemy espionage teams on that colony, even if there aren't actually any there -- the same way that ground units are 'suppressing unrest' any time they're on a colony, even if there is no unrest to suppress.  In either case, there isn't a specific 'defend this colony' or 'suppress unrest' mision to which they need to be assigned.

You're right that 'defending' Espionage teams don't actually roll for skill-ups unless there is an enemy team present -- in fact, I believe they were changed to improve like Survey teams, and every member gets +1% Espionage bonus when the team successfully thwarts or captures an enemy team.

Diplomacy teams on the Capital likewise default to. . . um. . .  okay, I forget exactly what it is they default do at the Capital colony (and don't do at any other colony), but I remember them doing it.

Offline plasticpanzers

• Lt. Commander
  • p
« Reply #955 on: March 04, 2020, 04:34:00 AM »
Error 5 started popping up.   4 survey ships in system, aliens blasted 2.  other two are creeping towards the WP
then the error started.   If i click it about 50 times it goes away until i hit any time for movement.  Ships are not
armed, have no active sensors nor shields.   All other system work is on hold to respond to the alien threat.
Hate it to be a game killer.  This is another SM game I spent a couple days working on and just enjoying it the
last couple days.  I tried deleting the 2 surviving sub-TFs and their ships but the Error 5 is still there.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 04:36:05 AM by plasticpanzers »

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #956 on: March 04, 2020, 02:17:12 PM »
Transferring ground units between brigade HQs without clearing the HQ assignment HQ first halves the unit's morale. 

Easy to reproduce in my game - I have a planet with a division of troops.  When I was reshuffling the units to put together an assault brigade I noticed morale plummeted.  After a bit of experimentation I determined that if you clear a battalion's HQ then reassign it everything works as intended.  But if you transfer from one brigade HQ to another within the same division the morale is halved.  Repeated transfers back and forth will cut morale in half over and over again. 

Please let me know if you'd like a copy of my current game for ease of reproduction. 

Offline Kyle

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #957 on: March 04, 2020, 03:34:58 PM »
Transferring ground units between brigade HQs without clearing the HQ assignment HQ first halves the unit's morale. 

Easy to reproduce in my game - I have a planet with a division of troops.  When I was reshuffling the units to put together an assault brigade I noticed morale plummeted.  After a bit of experimentation I determined that if you clear a battalion's HQ then reassign it everything works as intended.  But if you transfer from one brigade HQ to another within the same division the morale is halved.  Repeated transfers back and forth will cut morale in half over and over again. 

Please let me know if you'd like a copy of my current game for ease of reproduction.

Quote from: Steve Walmsley
The HQ division becomes a Brigade HQ and you will be able to attach battalions to a Brigade HQ. This will be done on a more permanent basis rather than the ad hoc situation at the moment. You will be able to transfer battalions between Brigade HQs with some penalty yet to be decided; probably a morale loss that will recover over time.
I have added the penalty I mentioned above. When you move a unit to a new HQ, its morale drops by half. In most cases morale will take less than 3 months to increase to 100. This penalty only applies to the unit itself though and doesn't affect subordinate units, so if you move a brigade HQ from one division to another, the brigade HQ suffers a morale loss but any units attached to the brigade are unaffected. Brigade level integrity in Aurora is more important than divisional level. Bear in mind that units can (fairly rarely) increase their morale above 100. If this is the case, transferring them is generally a bad idea as their morale will stop rising post-transfer at 100.

In case you are wondering why I am bothering with this detail, it is to avoid the unrealistic situation of an army being completely and instantly re-organised after taking heavy casualties as a result of combat or a boarding attempt and not suffering any penalty.

Steve

Offline Kyle

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #958 on: March 04, 2020, 03:54:06 PM »

Harrison Richardson's team getting some Diplomacy training on Hale-Bopp.  It's not the capital and there's only one race in this game.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 03:56:41 PM by Kyle »

Offline QuakeIV

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #959 on: March 05, 2020, 02:05:35 AM »
I'm not trying to be mean or anything but why is everybody suddenly reporting 7.1 bugs when C# version is seemingly right around the corner?