Author Topic: v1.50 Bugs Thread  (Read 13411 times)

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
Re: v1.50 Bugs Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2020, 01:15:05 PM »
Is it just me, or does the default game in the 1.50 database not have any systems? The main map window is blank, and I get this same error when trying to open any window:

Function #155: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Default Federated game loaded fine for me. Might want to delete your database and .exe and copy across the 1.5 ones again. Sounds like a corrupted DB somehow.

Yea, I nuked it and tried again and it worked fine. Really weird problem.

Offline Randy

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2020, 01:15:23 PM »
Just updating two things I had previously posted:
- Still haven't found the name file that was generating the company name errors. The quest continues...
- currently can't reproduce the error from creating a component then deleting it from research - it seems to work now. So  not sure what conditions lead to that problem.

If I find either of these again, I'll post. Just wanted to let ya know I wasn't ignoring you, but trying to find the problem :-)

Offline vyser1on

• Leading Rate
  • v
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2020, 01:17:58 PM »
Something I noticed in 1. 4 and just recreated via SM:

My colonies don't create a lot of trade goods. Earth and its 600 million people produce e. g. 1000 infrastructure, Luna and its 600 million produce 12. Same for all the other trade goods.     

Also, at around ~12 million, there's a shift from reasonable numbers to those really small ones.   E. g. Luna with 11 million people produces 3 infrastructure a year, Luna with 13 million produces 0. 3.     
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 01:21:13 PM by vyser1on »

Offline HeroicHan

• Petty Officer
  • H
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2020, 01:22:04 PM »
The Academy Commandant position still always appears even when ticking the 'available only' box.

The following users thanked this post: Marslettuce

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2020, 01:22:43 PM »
Something I noticed in 1. 4 and just recreated via SM:

My colonies don't create a lot of trade goods. Earth and its 600 million people produce e. g. 1000 infrastructure, Luna and its 600 million produce 12. Same for all the other trade goods.     

Also, at around ~12 million, there's a shift from reasonable numbers to those really small ones.   E. g. Luna with 11 million people produces 3 infrastructure a year, Luna with 13 million produces 0. 3.     

Aren't those numbers in excess of what the population uses themselves? So it follows that a larger pop has fewer free goods (to some point)

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2020, 01:25:12 PM »
I haven't updated from v1.4 yet, but I didn't see it mentioned anywhere so I will assume it hasn't been changed. The ground unit summary you get when clicking on a planet or star in "Location" mode does not correctly merge the counts of different formations. I have attached a picture of what it looks like in my game. From this change log, I believe it is supposed to have one entry for each unit type. Is this true for anyone else?

Offline GL

• Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2020, 01:31:58 PM »
Not sure if it's a bug or not. 

When, designing a fighter with pod bays: "Ship has missile fire control weapons but no missile launchers"

I thought I remembered reading the pod bays needed a missile fire control?

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2020, 01:32:34 PM »
When clicking "redo minerals" on Jupiter in the Fed nations game, I get this error. Looks like the bug wasn't fixed from 1.4. Again, minor bug, but it exists.

Function #1586: An item with the same key has already been added.

It takes a few tries to get the same error in a new game, but it does happen.

Offline Saquenay

• Leading Rate
  • S
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2020, 01:34:30 PM »
My "obsolete" button for ship classes has disappeared!  I know it was present in one of the early builds, but I noticed it was missing in 1. 4, and is still missing in 1. 5.   I can still access the functionality by navigating the checkboxes with 'tab' and 'space'.   After I posted a screenshot in the discord, somebody pointed out that my font looked weird.   To the best of my knowledge, my system font settings are normal, but the font used in aurora does seem a bit janky.   There are also some buttons whose text does not align properly, presumably because the whole text is wrapping onto a second line due to the strange font.   (ex: the 'New Ship' button on this screenshot is probably 'new ship class')

Where exactly does Aurora get it's font choice from?  Perhaps there is a specific registry key or something I could inspect to see what the problem is in more detail?

Offline TeSparg

• Leading Rate
  • T
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2020, 01:38:45 PM »
1. 4 and 1. 5
Can't assign sector command.  (I clicked assign , and on the top right it said he was assigned, if I assign someone else he is relived from command ,all good here. )
The bonus doesn't apply and you can't see anyone assigned next to the planetary governor .
( tested this using someone with pop growth and didn't see the rate change , only did this with starting 1. 5 earth and a guy that had 15% bonus and the growth was the same 2. 02% ).
Also the green text doesn't become gray.

Offline Doren

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2020, 01:42:39 PM »
My "obsolete" button for ship classes has disappeared!  I know it was present in one of the early builds, but I noticed it was missing in 1. 4, and is still missing in 1. 5.   I can still access the functionality by navigating the checkboxes with 'tab' and 'space'.   After I posted a screenshot in the discord, somebody pointed out that my font looked weird.   To the best of my knowledge, my system font settings are normal, but the font used in aurora does seem a bit janky.   There are also some buttons whose text does not align properly, presumably because the whole text is wrapping onto a second line due to the strange font.   (ex: the 'New Ship' button on this screenshot is probably 'new ship class')

Where exactly does Aurora get it's font choice from?  Perhaps there is a specific registry key or something I could inspect to see what the problem is in more detail?
The font looks really weird

The obsolete thing is not a button but a checkbox below "No Armour" check box but it seems to be missing in the screenshot. Maybe it will appear if you select an actual design?

Edit. Is the exe marked as a run in compatibility mode or anything of sort? What is your OS?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 01:45:57 PM by Doren »

Offline RagnarVaren

• Chief Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2020, 01:44:54 PM »
Two jump points can be generated that connect the same two systems. I've seen it in my game and another discord user has seen it as well. I'm guessing that the function that creates the links doesn't check to see if the connection already exists.

Offline monorkin

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • m
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2020, 01:45:30 PM »
An issue that has propped up between 1. 4 and 1. 5

STO units apparently can not be assigned weapons of any type, nor can it be assigned turrets.

Offline vyser1on

• Leading Rate
  • v
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2020, 01:48:09 PM »
Quote from: Erik Luken link=topic=10741.    msg123396#msg123396 date=1586974963

Aren't those numbers in excess of what the population uses themselves? So it follows that a larger pop has fewer free goods (to some point)
Not exactly. All the numbers are down. Production and demand.   
It seems like the population per capita income develops normally until it is larger than ~10 million people, then it seems to be fixed at 1, with the according reduction in trade goods, except on the home world.   

Or I am totally misunderstanding how the economy works, but it works fine on your home planet and happens regardless if your colony has 0 industry or everyone employed.  In the 3rd and 4th screenshot, all the colonists are employed.  The only thing that changed was the population growth greater than ~12 million.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 01:53:00 PM by vyser1on »

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2020, 01:48:30 PM »
Two jump points can be generated that connect the same two systems. I've seen it in my game and another discord user has seen it as well. I'm guessing that the function that creates the links doesn't check to see if the connection already exists.

I just want to point out, Ragnar's problem was two jump points in ONE system that both lead to the same destination system. He posted this screenshot:

The following users thanked this post: RagnarVaren