Author Topic: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 68877 times)

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
Re: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2020, 11:30:22 AM »
Colony Governor tab - backspace on the Colony Importance field to change it gives the following error:

1.12.0 Function #3319 Input string was not in a correct format.

You can then OK and enter the value without a problem.  You can also select the number and key over it without an error.

Confirmed. You can also add a number in front of 0 without a problem, it's only when you Backspace it. I assume this is because the field is read immediately instead of after pressing Enter or such. -Garfunkel

SJW: Fixed for 1.12.1
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 05:22:39 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline LoSboccacc

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2020, 02:48:02 PM »
obsolete a ship class, stay on the class page

copy class (copied class will be obsolete)

rename class

it will throw an error unless you have 'show obsolete' is checked on the left menu

Confirmed. Error is 1.12.0 Function #248: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. -Garfunkel

« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 05:22:48 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2020, 03:01:27 PM »
There does not seem to be any protection for sector governors against being picked by the colony governor auto-assign.

To reproduce, find a governor running an automated colony with high enough rank to run a sector, then assign that governor to run the sector.  Advance time and the auto-assign will yank them back to the colony.  Priority of the colony does not seem to be a factor.

Confirmed. Also, the sector governor does not show in the Economics window but does show up in the Commanders window and Sector Management window. -Garfunkel

« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 05:22:59 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Romalar

• Leading Rate
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2020, 04:00:39 PM »
I'm getting errors which seem to be when a ship is set to auto-overhaul when it has exceeded deployment.   Right as the auto-order message would normally come up I get these two errors in succession:

1.  12.  0 Function #730: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 
1.  12.  0 Function #722: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 

It still sets up the movement orders to the colony (only one with maintenance facilities) and the overhaul order.   Don't see a separate order for refuel/resupply (I forget if it's supposed to be there.  ) The Orders Assigned message is missing though I see the Deployment Time Exceeded message in the previous tick. 

My full orders for these ships:
  • Survey Next Three System Bodies or Locations
  • Move to System Requiring Gravsurvey
  • if Deployment Exceeded, Refueld, Resupply, and Overhaul at Colony
  • if Fuel less than 40%, Refuel from Colony or Hub

These orders seemed to work as I'd expect with no errors at first, but after a few started showing these errors.  Only thing I can think of so far is that they're now 3 jumps out from the colony instead of 1-2.

Following up on this later in the thread. -Garfunkel
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 08:29:59 PM by Garfunkel »

The following users thanked this post: MinuteMan, Snoman314

Offline Kev

• Able Ordinary Rate
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2020, 12:11:23 AM »
Hi, everybody! New adept here.
Decided to finally try Aurora after 1. 12 came out.

But I've stumbled on some issues almost immediately.  I use system-wide font scaling because i can't see anything on 4k screen otherwise.  For Aurora I've set system scaling override so it looks sharp.  But some windows (Class Design and Game Information) don't scale properly - some controls go out of "client" area of form.  I've attached two screenshots.
It should be an easy fix (I'm c# dev myself).  So i hope it will be fixed.  I really like the idea of this game.

Thanks.  Apologies for bad English.

Working as intended, not a bug. -Garfunkel
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 08:30:47 PM by Garfunkel »

Offline LoSboccacc

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2020, 05:36:07 AM »

note: the cargo task group has 2 cargo ship that don't have a cargo shuttle, because well I didn't know, and one ship that has the shuttle, so maybe it's that what's giving issues

It's not the cargo ships because you cannot issue an order to unload on a body without a spaceport/shuttle station if all ships in your fleet do not have shuttles of their own. Please detail more carefully about what you were doing. -Garfunkel

please read the full description, it's a 3 ship tg of which 1 has a cargo shuttle, all unloading on an empty colony

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2020, 07:49:18 AM »

note: the cargo task group has 2 cargo ship that don't have a cargo shuttle, because well I didn't know, and one ship that has the shuttle, so maybe it's that what's giving issues

It's not the cargo ships because you cannot issue an order to unload on a body without a spaceport/shuttle station if all ships in your fleet do not have shuttles of their own. Please detail more carefully about what you were doing. -Garfunkel

please read the full description, it's a 3 ship tg of which 1 has a cargo shuttle, all unloading on an empty colony

Right - I forgot that we must create the destination colony beforehand now. Confirmed.

Combination of shutless ships and shuttle-equipped ships causes this error. However, game works - the ships with shuttles unload while the ships without shuttles do not. My earlier understanding was that the ship with shuttles should then help unload the ships without shuttles but maybe I'm misremembering.

Offline Eretzu

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • E
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2020, 08:45:24 AM »
It seems that I cannot drag and drop in Naval Organization window. Is it a bug or is it just me?

I do not have any mods.

If it is just me, any idea on how to fix?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 08:49:45 AM by Eretzu »

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2020, 10:57:05 AM »
It seems that I cannot drag and drop in Naval Organization window. Is it a bug or is it just me?

I do not have any mods.

If it is just me, any idea on how to fix?

Naval organization is working fine for me, tried it just now. I can drag fleet from one admin to another normally.

The following users thanked this post: Eretzu

Offline Saquenay

• Leading Rate
  • S
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2020, 12:51:47 PM »
Quote from: Llamageddon link=topic=11945. msg141428#msg141428 date=1602435288
It might be a once off, but I just started a new game to regenerate the Sol system and the game just hung (Not responding) when I clicked Create Race.  I waited a while to see if it was just sorting out something complicated in the background.  The New Game options window stayed open and in colour whilst the System Map window went blank.  I just thought I'd mention it in case other people have the same thing happen and it wasn't just my computer glitching.  I didn't do anything unusual, unchecked Known Star Systems, generated Planet X and, set system bodies and jump points to surveyed.

Unconfirmed: works perfectly for me.  -Garfunkel

I just wanted to confirm that I had the same issue the first time I ran 1. 12. 0.   In my case, I had also checked off Known Star Systems.   I did not choose planet X.   I selected all spoilers and 4 NPRs in the default range.   After creating my player race, the game seemed to freeze, as if it was stuck processing something forever.   I forced quit and the next time I ran the game (I recreated the same settings), everything worked perfectly.   So I know this isn't a very useful or reproducible bug report, but just letting you know it isn't completely isolated.

--Saq

Offline Kylemmie

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • K
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2020, 01:39:42 PM »
I just wanted to confirm that I had the same issue the first time I ran 1.  12.  0.    In my case, I had also checked off Known Star Systems.    I did not choose planet X.    I selected all spoilers and 4 NPRs in the default range.    After creating my player race, the game seemed to freeze, as if it was stuck processing something forever.    I forced quit and the next time I ran the game (I recreated the same settings), everything worked perfectly.    So I know this isn't a very useful or reproducible bug report, but just letting you know it isn't completely isolated.

--Saq

Similar experience last night.  First game after install of 1. 12   Game set up okay.  The 'almost crash' long delay happened for me once I hit the 5 day turn start (on auto).  The first few turns took so long that windows greyed out the program as unresponsive.  It would come back for a second or two and then proceed to grey as the next 5 day turn started.  Finally managed to sneak a click in to stop it, saved, closed and restarted the program.  Worked splendidly after the close/restart.  No prob at all. 

Pretty standard setup.  Known systems, 2 NPR, some spoilers, lowered Research to 20 and Terra to 50.  0% chance for generating new NPR.   

Offline sodimms

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • s
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2020, 01:42:33 PM »
Perhaps not a bug with the game itself -- but Windows 10 default antivirus software flags the 1.   12.   0 update rar and 1.   12.   0 Aurora exe file as being adware.    Has anyone else run into this issue?
edit: multi-source AV scan image
edit2: Sandboxie isn't showing any of the behaviors of the identified virus. . .  wonder why I'm getting a false positive?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 01:52:23 PM by sodimms »

Offline nordakbalrem

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • n
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2020, 05:32:14 PM »
Quote from: Llamageddon link=topic=11945. msg141428#msg141428 date=1602435288
It might be a once off, but I just started a new game to regenerate the Sol system and the game just hung (Not responding) when I clicked Create Race.  I waited a while to see if it was just sorting out something complicated in the background.  The New Game options window stayed open and in colour whilst the System Map window went blank.  I just thought I'd mention it in case other people have the same thing happen and it wasn't just my computer glitching.  I didn't do anything unusual, unchecked Known Star Systems, generated Planet X and, set system bodies and jump points to surveyed.

Unconfirmed: works perfectly for me.  -Garfunkel

I had the same thing happen on first game created, unsure how to reproduce.

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2020, 11:32:13 PM »
I can reconfirm a bug from 1.11 where an error in function 1938 gets thrown when using the group contacts display option and using correct names for alien ships, if those aliens have multiple ships of the same class and one of them has a name of 3 characters or less (or at least your intel name of it is that short).

1.11 bug post:
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11565.msg137026#msg137026

Reproduced DB is attached.

Confirmed. Function 1938 error: length cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: length. -Garfunkel

« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 05:24:07 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2020, 12:15:24 AM »
I can reconfirm a bug from 1.11 where errors get when trying to use manual mining/mass drivers on a colony where there is both an infrastructure and an orbital habitat pop capacity with 0% manufacturing percentage (Venus).

1.11 bug post:
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11565.msg140735#msg140735

• Create Venus colony
  • Discover minerals on Venus (hit geo survey in the 1.12 default db or SM some onto it)
  • SM 25k infrastructure onto Venus
  • SM 10m pop onto Venus
  • SM 20 mines onto Venus - no errors yet
  • SM yourself orbital habitat tech
  • Make design with 1 orbital habitat module
  • Create an instance of your habitat
  • SM habitat fleet location to Venus - pop distribution should be 98% agri/environ, 2% services (equal to the habitat pop amount) and 0% manufacturing. Looking at Venus mineral screen/processing 5d increments with the screen open now sometimes gives error 2184, value doesn't fit in decimal
  • SM mass driver onto Venus
  • Set Venus mass driver desto to Earth - error in 2092 on 5d increment, value doesn't fit in decimal

The whole thing goes away if you put an automine on Venus, probably because then there's actual production.

Reproduced DB is attached, before adding mass driver.

Confirmed both 2184 and 2092, as well as that they do not happen every 5 day increment. -Garfunkel

« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 05:36:51 AM by Steve Walmsley »