Author Topic: v2.5.1 Bugs Thread  (Read 10924 times)

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
Re: v2.5.1 Bugs Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2024, 03:36:03 PM »
Not a bug exactly, but has anyone else had an issue downloading the 2.5.1 patch? Everytime I click on the link it tries to open a new tab and then doesn't start the download.

The same, just right click on the link and save link as name... it works
That worked - thanks.
Welchbloke

Offline Arkrider

• Leading Rate
  • A
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2024, 04:56:45 AM »
Orbiting habitats using ark modules do not increase in population as per hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php?topic=12523. msg159464#msg159464

Steps to replicate:
1.  Create an orbital habitat - I used 5 modules for a total habitat space of 1 million per station

2.  Load less than maximum colonists - I loaded 10k per habitat

3.  Pass time in-game; I let a year pass before checking in on them

Result: no growth inside the habitats. 

Offline Arkrider

• Leading Rate
  • A
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2024, 05:03:11 AM »
Deleting population created by genetic modification did not delete the population, and it re-appeared on passing turns.  (intended, perhaps?)

Steps to replicate:
1.  Set up a regular colony, give it gene centers (I used Mercury)

2.  Create a new race (I used the default name, human 2. 0, and temperature range +-12. 5 option after researching)

3.  Let the labs run for a while, then stop them

4.  Delete the resulting colony/population

5.  Pass a turn of any time length (I passed 5 days)

Result: Colony re-appears

(Moving them to Venus did in fact end that colony, it disappeared after all colonists were removed.  So if this is intended that colonies don't just 'vanish' if there are still people there, then ignore this bug report)

Pbheadsoonish

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2024, 09:52:28 AM »
On repairing a fighter, the grade points were reduced from 281 to -202.    This causes a "2. 5. 1 Function #2823: Value was either too large or to small for a Decimal. " Error when ending the turn, or viewing the fighter in the fleet organization window. 

Save: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/uoghzrcdaoe4917kd68lw/AuroraDB.db?rlkey=jxcaknl32a8h7lji8jqkrzhw6&dl=0

TN start
Real Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma? NO

Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Very easy to reproduce.  Load save, and advance ~30 days (get to feb 26th to be precise), and the fighter will repair.  advance one more time and you will get the error message.

Campaign is about 32 years in.

Fixed the link - Garfunkel
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 04:27:33 PM by Garfunkel »

Offline captainwolfer

• Lt. Commander
  • c
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2024, 12:50:59 PM »
Deleting population created by genetic modification did not delete the population, and it re-appeared on passing turns.  (intended, perhaps?)

Steps to replicate:
1.  Set up a regular colony, give it gene centers (I used Mercury)

2.  Create a new race (I used the default name, human 2. 0, and temperature range +-12. 5 option after researching)

3.  Let the labs run for a while, then stop them

4.  Delete the resulting colony/population

5.  Pass a turn of any time length (I passed 5 days)

Result: Colony re-appears

(Moving them to Venus did in fact end that colony, it disappeared after all colonists were removed.  So if this is intended that colonies don't just 'vanish' if there are still people there, then ignore this bug report)
Does deleting the gene centers after deleting the altered colony keep them from reappearing? Maybe whats happening is the gene centers aren't actually stopping production of modified population?

Offline ChubbyPitbull

• Gold Supporter
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • C
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2024, 09:48:48 AM »
If you create a fighter base and land fighters on it as a squadron, then tow that fighter base to another location the fighters will be towed along as intended but will be permanently assigned to the original fleet the FB was towed from, though the game doesn't indicate this being the case in any way, the original fleet will continue to exist in the original location but will show as empty.  If this original, supposedly empty fleet is deleted, then the fighters that are now in a different fleet 2 systems away will disappear from the game.

Ran into an issue that may be similar to this (fighter assignments), but ran into an issue where fighters that are dragged to a new fleet from their strikegroup are moving with the new fleet, but are still considered landed, I assume on the original carrier.

I have a patrol cruiser that carries Breaching Pods for boarding and arresting pirates. I had an NPR target in system, so I launched one pod from the strike group by selecting it and hitting "Detach," and then dragging a second Breaching Pod from the strike group list to the new detached fleet. This resulted in the fleet showing the Detached Breaching pod, and then the dragged Breaching Pod still showed as being assigned to the Patrol Cruiser:

When the fleet with two Breaching Pods reached the NPR target, the result of the "Attempt Boarding All Formations" resulted in only the Detached Boarding Pod attempting boarding. Similarly, manually ordering the formation from each Breaching Pod resulted in only the detached Breaching Pod attempting boarding. On the flip side, the NPR target shot and destroyed the detached Breaching Pod, but otherwise ignored the Breaching Pod that thought it was still landed. After the NPR destroyed the detached Breaching Pod, the fleet containing the remaining Breaching Pod that was dragged was stuck at 1 km/s movement speed despite the remaining Breaching Pod being undamaged. Trying to manually set speed failed to change anything; however, if I "Detached" the landed Breaching Pod it now no longer showed as landed and could move at full speed again.

DB is attached, the issue is easily reproducible as I did it twice for another NPR target that was also detected. So long as I detach everything first it works fine, but dragging a landed ship from a strike group seems to have it stay in the "landed" state even as it moves with the new fleet.

SJW: Yes, same issue. Fixed for v2.6.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 06:36:27 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Arkrider

• Leading Rate
  • A
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2024, 12:06:02 PM »
Quote from: captainwolfer link=topic=13464. msg168608#msg168608 date=1707418259
Does deleting the gene centers after deleting the altered colony keep them from reappearing? Maybe whats happening is the gene centers aren't actually stopping production of modified population?
It does not.  The population still re-appears if deleted.  But if you move all the pops elsewhere, the colony can be deleted.

Offline Arkrider

• Leading Rate
  • A
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2024, 09:30:28 PM »
Fuel harvesters cannot unload fuel.

Steps to replicate:

1.  Design ship with at least 1 sorium harvester module, engines, and a fuel transfer method (either a hub or refueling system, both were tested)
2.  Set 'Transfer Fuel to Colony' move order
3.  Pass any length of time

Result: the move order is 'completed', the log shows "Orders Complete"; however, no fuel is transferred.

Note: fuel tankers that do not have sorium harvester modules, are able to transfer fuel as expected.
2nd Note: yes, I did checkmark the 'tanker' box.  Yes, I also doublechecked to make sure it was done. 

("fuel transfer test" game in attached file)

Offline pedter

• Chief Petty Officer
  • p
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2024, 11:06:21 PM »
I received an error today for the first time ever:
2. 5. 1 Function #2927: Attempted to divide by zero.

Info dump:
- Function #2927
- Error text: Attempted to divide by zero
- Triggers from the Economics window when selecting one specific colony
- Conventional start
- Real stars
- US decimal and time formats (I have not reconfigured for UK standards)
- Approximately 75 years into the campaign
- Campaign started and running on v2. 5. 1

I receive and must clear this error four times over whenever I select a specific Listening Post colony in the Economics window.  Once I have the colony selected, changing the tab (Shipyards, Research, Environment, etc. ) does not trigger the error again.  However, all tabs will generate the error if I select the tab before selecting the colony so it seems to be at a colony level rather than at a tab level.

Offline Arkrider

• Leading Rate
  • A
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2024, 11:35:53 PM »
Quote from: pedter link=topic=13464. msg168651#msg168651 date=1707714381
I received an error today for the first time ever:
2.  5.  1 Function #2927: Attempted to divide by zero. 

I ran into this one too; to add context, it happened when I accidentally tried to set a ground unit construction task, on a world with no available labor.  The GU construction wasn't queued, and there is no visible sign in any of the colony screens or GU management screens that the task exists, but the divide by zero error happens every time I open that colony's summary.

I imagine any situation where a task gets set that doesn't get immediately rejected and has nobody to do it or nothing to do it with might cause the same problem.  Shipyards, cargo transfers, etc.  Mine eventually stopped warning on it's own, too, so it seems the 0 got to divide by itself after all.

Offline pedter

• Chief Petty Officer
  • p
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2024, 03:14:50 AM »
Quote from: Arkrider link=topic=13464. msg168653#msg168653 date=1707716153
I imagine any situation where a task gets set that doesn't get immediately rejected and has nobody to do it or nothing to do it with might cause the same problem.   Shipyards, cargo transfers, etc.

Believe it or not, I just stumbled into something like this with shipyards on the same colony as well.  Different function number so I'll drop it here as well; this one seems to be more specific to trying to do shipyard modifications with zero population.

Error pop-up says:
2. 5. 1 Function#2188: Attempted to divide by zero.

Info dump:
- Function #2188
- Error text: Attempted to divide by zero
- Triggers when selecting some shipyard modifications from the drop-down menu in the Economics window / Shipyards tab
- Conventional start
- Real stars
- Approximately 75 years into the campaign

+500t, 1000, 2000, 5000, 10000, and Add Slipway options trigger the error pop-up.  No Activity, Retool, And Continual Capacity Upgrade do not trigger the error pop-up.  Just for giggles I tried to set one of the modifications that generates the error as the shipyard's activity: of course it didn't work, but it did delete all shipyards at that colony!

SJW: Fixed for v2.6
« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 08:59:38 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline ExecCrawfish

• Leading Rate
  • E
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2024, 02:24:51 PM »
'Redo minerals' on a comet doesn't appear to produce the same mineral generation routine as comets generated on system creation.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 09:40:17 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline pedter

• Chief Petty Officer
  • p
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2024, 07:24:12 PM »
I've run into a particularly large comet that has a mathematically correct LG Time (y) but cannot be stabilised.  My understanding of LG stabilisation is that comets cannot be stabilised by definition; I believe C# added moons to the initial planet-only VB6 stabilisation.  While I'm not sure which direction this bug pulls in, it stands to reason that either comets shouldn't be able to display a stabilisation time at all or comets should be able to be stabilised if they're going to continue displaying a stabilisation time.  Whichever the case may be, something benefits from a minor correction.

Info dump
- No function number
- No error text
- System Generation and Display window; row values and column headers show 0. 86 Gravity, 19,612 Diameter, 2. 03 Mass, 0. 56 Density, and 3. 51 LG Time (y) for the comet in question
- Conventional start
- Real stars
- Approximately 76 years into the campaign

« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 09:42:45 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2024, 04:41:34 AM »
I have run into a similar issue as this one reported in 2. 2. 1

Quote from: Desdinova link=topic=13343. msg166333#msg166333 date=1701196584
My current game seems to be stuck with an endless loop of:

Function #1954: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Function #1943
Function #478

I managed to save the db, advancing time in two 5 day increments should replicate the issue.  Unfortunately it seems as if the save has been rendered unplayable.

Started on v2.  5.  0 - upgraded to v.  2.  5.  1 this morning.    I did manage to get a save, any advancement will identify it.    It looks like I go through the #1953 - > #1943 - > #478 cycle 27 times per increment. 

DB attached in case it's helpful.

This bug seems to be caused by alien races without a class naming theme. If you suffer this bug in v2.5.1, then try setting a theme.

The following users thanked this post: Louella

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2024, 05:58:49 AM »
If you create a fighter base and land fighters on it as a squadron, then tow that fighter base to another location the fighters will be towed along as intended but will be permanently assigned to the original fleet the FB was towed from, though the game doesn't indicate this being the case in any way, the original fleet will continue to exist in the original location but will show as empty.  If this original, supposedly empty fleet is deleted, then the fighters that are now in a different fleet 2 systems away will disappear from the game.

Please can you confirm you are on v2.5.1.