Author Topic: v1.00 Bugs Thread  (Read 40607 times)

Offline fflaguna

• Chief Petty Officer
  • f
Re: v1.00 Bugs Thread
« Reply #420 on: April 13, 2020, 09:33:29 AM »
There is an issue preventing transits of jump-enabled ships for 1 to 2 intervals of time.

It appears that when a ship receives Default/Conditional orders to jump from System A to System B, and then travels all the way across the system to Jumpgate C in System B, it will get stopped trying to transit to System C if it all happens in a single interval (usually only possible on long intervals like 30 days). This can sometimes persist for a second interval where the ship is unable to jump for the next time jump forward, as well. I assume this is related to jump delay cooldown persisting for an entire interval, instead of only a sub-pulse.

Here's a screenshot to illustrate a task group that got performed movement but got halted trying to transit in a 30-day interval:

I've had this happen several times in just the first few years of play.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 09:46:12 AM by fflaguna »

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #421 on: April 13, 2020, 09:34:16 AM »
I can also confirm this in my games, it seems to have something to do with the conditional order when they try to overhaul or resupply

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #422 on: April 13, 2020, 09:35:32 AM »
When selecting All for the officer filters, it shows officers of the NPRs.

Fixed.

Offline totos_totidis

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #423 on: April 13, 2020, 09:35:35 AM »
No maintenance required setting does not work. Ships still suffer maintenance failures even with it enabled.

Offline MrHuman

• Leading Rate
  • M
« Reply #424 on: April 13, 2020, 09:41:44 AM »
Conventional industry is not mining the correct amount of minerals, in the mining modifiers table it shows 10% production compared to regular mine, but it appears to have another modifier which reduces it's output to 15% of that, which means every industry is only generating 0. 15 instead of 1 (or 1. 5 if that was the intended result).

https://i. imgur. com/WUVP3Zg. png

Offline Protomolecule

• Leading Rate
  • P
« Reply #425 on: April 13, 2020, 09:42:36 AM »
My ships disappeared after detecting what I think was The Swarm.
I could not make them hostile in the intelligence window (opening the window itself gave me error on function #1936).
Changing the relations to Hostile did not work, they still were shown as green on the map (and I could not target them).

Then I tried saving and reopening the game, but all my ships vanished from the Naval Org window.  The first time I tried to do an time advance, got errors on functions: #1418, #1414, #467.  The ships were still nowhere to be seen.

I think this is a new weapon of the Swarm, these fellas are devious.

Offline fflaguna

• Chief Petty Officer
  • f
« Reply #426 on: April 13, 2020, 09:42:55 AM »
I am almost certain this has been reported, but I can't find it in this thread. I'll report it just in case, because it is a rather significant bug but likely simple to fix:

When designing ships, the armor weight is always calculated incorrectly when adding/removing armor or when adding/removing ship components. This happens on basically every ship, and it almost always causes jump engine overtonnages on people building their ships as close to the jump engine max as possible. It is a highly reproducible error and happens almost every time when designing a ship. The armor weight effect can most easily be showed by changing the armor value to a higher value, then changing it back to the normal value, while watching the tonnage.

The workaround for me is to switch to another ship design, then switch back to the original ship design. This appears to "reset" the ship's tonnage display to the actual value that will be used for construction, jumping, etc.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #427 on: April 13, 2020, 09:43:13 AM »
How to unhide hidden events in the event log? The Button "Hide Event" says it can also unhide "this type of event"... yeah...  ;D :D
Just found it: the checkbox on the top right reveals "all events"  ::)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 09:48:56 AM by TMaekler »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #428 on: April 13, 2020, 09:43:59 AM »
Start conventional game
Open class design window
Select "No Armor"
Received
System Window with
System.NullReferenceException

Had you created a class at this point?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #429 on: April 13, 2020, 09:45:34 AM »
I just open the ship designer, selected transport and click on the No Armor checkbox, and got this exception.

For some reason I missed the exception handler on that function. Fixed now.

The following users thanked this post: lupin-de-mid

Offline hadi

• Aurora blind player
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • h
« Reply #430 on: April 13, 2020, 09:46:42 AM »
When i use up and down arrow keys to navigate the event viewer, the game keeps opening the relative window to the event, as if i clicked on the event, or pressed enter on it; So can't effectively scroll through with the arrow keys.
At this point, I was suspecting demonic intervention.
-Steve

Offline Xeladragn

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • X
« Reply #431 on: April 13, 2020, 09:48:16 AM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=10636. msg121690#msg121690 date=1586787286
Quote from: Xeladragn link=topic=10636. msg121305#msg121305 date=1586717852
I'm getting "Function #2096: Attempted to divide by zero.  " often when I move time forward, I haven't seen any resolution for that yet.   

Also related to the event days not sticking it looks like the Text color on the events page also does not stick after I close and re open the game. 

Any chance you created a task to build a formation with no elements?

I don't think I did, and I don't see anything weird on the formations page now, I believe the first time I saw it was after clicking on the missile creation page day 1 on a conventional start.   I was doing a lot of clicking around before I got started though, maybe selected something I shouldn't have.   

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #432 on: April 13, 2020, 09:49:28 AM »
Pressing the avoid combat button in the "Unit Class Design" tab doesn't immediately change the "Non-Combat Class" status.  You have to refresh the page by for example selecting a new component type.  This can cause accidents when creating new unit classes.

Fixed.

The following users thanked this post: Alsadius

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #433 on: April 13, 2020, 09:50:51 AM »
I've terraformed Luna but it still needs infrastructure...

Attached are pictures

You have more than 30% oxygen.

The following users thanked this post: DFNewb

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #434 on: April 13, 2020, 10:05:17 AM »
Scrapping ships.

The drop-down menu for scrapping ships does not automatically update when you give an order to a shipyard to scrap a ship. This is identical to VB6 behaviour but in the Changes list this was supposed to be changed so that it is no longer possible to have multiple slipways scrapping the same ship.

Fixed.