Author Topic: v1.10 Bugs Thread  (Read 9868 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: v1.10 Bugs Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2020, 02:13:50 PM »
Admin commands has no effect in this version either.
Still only getting survey bonuses from ship commander and scientist.

None of the command levels are adding to it.

The Admin command bonus isn't shown on the fleet window.

Offline Ektor

• Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2020, 02:14:11 PM »
When trying to open the system window with the original race in a custom start, I get a bug related to Function #3038. The same type I've had before.

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2020, 02:14:19 PM »
It seems part of the ship design tonnage bug was fixed, but there is still another tonnage bug remaining.     When you click "Update Armor" (even with no new armor tech to upgrade to), it erroneously changes the armor amount and ship tonnage.     When you select a different ship design and then click back, the armor values are reset to their "true values".   

Also, when you add components to a ship and remove them, the ship again miscalculates its tonnage.     Fixed again by selecting some other ship design, and then going back to the one you were working on.   

Example: My test ship with 10 armor layers is 2,312 tons.  I add 1x "cargo hold standard".  Ship is now 37,950 tons.  I then remove the "cargo hold standard".  Ship is now shown as 2,339 tons, somehow.

Definite bug, easily reproducible.   It was like this in 1.  0, as well.   Seems related to armor calculations.   

This seems to be working fine for me. This is definitely v1.1?

Can reproduce in 1.1 to, but only if I got several lairs of armor
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

Elysium43

« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2020, 02:14:47 PM »
I don't know if it's a bug or not but the galactic map has to be closed and reopened to refresh Jump points, the refresh button only causes the new system to appear but doesn't show the links it has.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2020, 02:15:18 PM »
Powered Infantry Armour is still in 1.10 available to Conventional powers without any additional research.

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2020, 02:15:36 PM »
Admin commands has no effect in this version either.
Still only getting survey bonuses from ship commander and scientist.

None of the command levels are adding to it.

The Admin command bonus isn't shown on the fleet window.

So beside seeing if the ships work faster we got no way to actually check if they have an effect then?
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2020, 02:16:35 PM »
Tonnage bug reproduction instructions:

Here are the precise instructions from a fresh v1. 0 + v1. 1 installation using the default campaign that loads.   

1) Open ship design.     
2) Make new design.     
3) Change armor to 10 armor rating.     
4) Note tonnage is 4187.     
5) Add a component like "standard cargo hold".     
6) Remove the component "standard cargo hold".     
7) Note tonnage is now 4359, despite being same as before.     
8 ) Switch to default "Magellan" geo design.     
9) Switch back to the new design.     
10) Note tonnage is now an entirely different value, 4278!
11) Switch to Magellan and switch back again.     
12) Note tonnage is now 4277. 
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 02:19:14 PM by Ancalagon »

Offline Zhatelier

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2020, 02:19:12 PM »
Apparently moving the JP's around doesn't work. The distance and bearing get updated in the system view window, but the JP seems to stay in its location on the tactical map even after saving the game and rebooting or refreshing the map. I also encountered a bug where moving a planet set its bearing to 0 each time I tried to modify it, but on another planet, it worked fine.

I do get the "Function # 1558: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" whenever exploring a JP.
(Random starts, Conventional start, SM mode on, Win 10.)

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2020, 02:19:42 PM »
Something to look into from v 1.00:

(Screenshots are a pain in the nutz, so I'll just describe it as best I can)

- After making some Ground Units, I proceeded to create some Ground Unit Formations. All is fine, nothing weird. (To me at least.)

- After assembling them into a Hierarchy I check the Total force to see how much they weigh.

- EGAD it's 6,400 Tons! It was then that I realized that the size shown in the design windows are not actually tons. (I'm guessing it's HS equivalent)

(Much tweaking and ree-ing ensued)

- Change things around, everything is cool at 14,000 Tons. (It's a full company, so... it's big.)

- I was unsure if I need HQ of 400 or 300 to command a 100 size formation and three 100 size sub-ordinate formations.

- I decided, screw it, better safe then sorry and I'll ask around a bit later if it isn't posted elsewhere.

- Changed the HQ 300s to HQ 400s, both of which are actually size ten. (Infantry Light HQs, btw)

- Now the formation is 15,200!!! Everything else is EXACTLY the same size, only the HQs changed.

- Why though?

Oh... well uh.

This would explain it:
(See Attachment)

Seems the DB is saving formations that I told it to delete using the "Delete formations" button. Or am I deleting things wrong?

(These formations did NOT show up before I exited and reloaded the game.)

Steps to Reproduce:

1 - Start a new game

2 - Make some ground units

3 - make some templates

4 - build a few formations. (I insta built them)

5 - delete formations using the delete formations button.

6 - make some new formations

7 - save

8 - close down aurora

9 - restart the game, load up your save and viola! you now have all of them back!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 02:26:01 PM by xenoscepter »

Offline GhostIsGone

• Chief Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2020, 02:20:16 PM »
Deleting a game that is currently loaded results in me being able to continue playing on the deleted save file, reeks of undefined behaviour :-)

Also, saving the deleted game takes longer than saving a normal game, freezes the strategic map for a couple of seconds, but works without throwing any errors, although the "saved deleted game" is nowhere to find when looking at the lists of saved games. 

Offline Hungaricus

• Petty Officer
  • H
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2020, 02:20:54 PM »
I have an issue with the events window.  I read that I cannot see the events in the main window thanks to time constrains which is okay.
My problem is now with 1. 10 I cannot even see them in the event window.  It's completely empty.  I tried to hit show all refresh but still empty.  Any ideas how to fix it?

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2020, 02:21:26 PM »
I have an issue with the events window.  I read that I cannot see the events in the main window thanks to time constrains which is okay.
My problem is now with 1. 10 I cannot even see them in the event window.  It's completely empty.  I tried to hit show all refresh but still empty.  Any ideas how to fix it?

check the text boxes at the top of the event window. They are set to zero by default for some reason. Make them not zero.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2020, 02:22:13 PM »
All Jump Points stable is fixed.

Online L0ckAndL0ad

• Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2020, 02:24:00 PM »
Geo surveying a body from orbit turns "Ground Based Survey Potential" of that body to "Completed" status. Reproduced multiple times in Sol.

Offline Tikigod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2020, 02:25:32 PM »
Geo surveying a body from orbit turns "Ground Based Survey Potential" of that body to "Completed" status. Reproduced multiple times in Sol.

Intended. Only a small number of bodies now actually have any ground survey potential. If it says completed after the geosurvey, then it has no potential.
The popular stereotype of the researcher is that of a skeptic and a pessimist.  Nothing could be further from the truth! Scientists must be optimists at heart, in order to block out the incessant chorus of those who say "It cannot be done. "

- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, University Commencement

The following users thanked this post: L0ckAndL0ad