Author Topic: v1.30 Bugs Thread  (Read 32895 times)

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
Re: v1.30 Bugs Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2020, 09:37:56 PM »
Looks like fighters can be built with unresearched prototype components. Maybe the function that checks is only called by shipyard construction.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2020, 09:39:07 PM »
V1.3
After opening the system view, and clicking "create system"
I get 5 Errors after cancelling out of the window.
Function 1612 error > 1607 > 1562 > 2430 > and  2431 .
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Kiks

• Chief Petty Officer
  • K
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2020, 09:41:08 PM »
Going to post this here for posterity sake.

• Having the AI create everything for you in a new game seems to prioritize building an army over a navy. Only troops were built in several games, but plenty of templates for ships were made.
    Having the AI build everything for you results in doubling or tripling of certain racial tech like lasers and mesons.
    When AI prebuilds ships they can skip over prerequisite tech for troop transports and tech straight into drop pod equipped troop transports.

I guess this really needs further investigation from Steve as I am afraid the script used by the NPR to create their forces in a new random encounter it's the same. Am I correct Steve?

NPR races seem to have no issue with building both ships and ground forces. Player races seem to spend half of their build points on ground forces but neglect to spend the other half on ships.

Also, another issue I have come across. Adding 1 atm of Frigusium to Mercury (in SM mode) drops the surface temp from 702.5C to 75.375C. Adding an additional 1 atm of Frigusium (2 total) increases the temperature to 423.8C. Lowering the atm content back down to 1 lowers the temperature to 214.7C. Removing it brings it back up to starting temperature. Going to 3 atms drops the temperature below absolute zero at -900.1C. Bleeding off 1 atm at a time brings up the same results as previous. Depending on when you stop adding or taking away atm determines what temp the planet stays at.
This is constant across other planets and moons but not quite as wacky. This also works with Aestusium.

Offline lordcirth

• Leading Rate
  • l
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2020, 09:47:53 PM »
A survey ship runnng out of fuel didn't stop autoturns. 

Offline surprise

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2020, 09:56:10 PM »
Quote from: DFNewb link=topic=10684. msg122185#msg122185 date=1586826307
After you press wide view on the ship making screen there is no way of reversing it except for closing and reopenning the program.

There is a "Normal View" button on the bottom right of the class design window, next to "Delete Class".

Offline surprise

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2020, 09:59:03 PM »
Quote from: insanegame27 link=topic=10684. msg122205#msg122205 date=1586830294
After clicking on the 30 day increment for the sixth time, I got thrown a #1414 error that doesnt go away.    Conventional start, set a civ shipyard to a 10k increase, started TN research, made a couple of ground force units, started building 2 research labs, no other changes I can think of bar ticking auto assign officers

EDIT: Tabbing through the options when starting a game or creating a race skips lines and comes back to them rather than going through every option sequentially in order

I'm having the same issue with a similar start; I had started building financial centers and researching TN tech, but didn't tick auto-assign officers.  The full error is "Function #1414: Object reference not set to an instance of an object".

Offline Marslettuce

• Chief Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2020, 10:05:52 PM »
Troop Transport Bay - Small research instead gives access to Troop Transport Bay - Very Small component. Not sure if this is a bug or a typo.

The following users thanked this post: Karlito

Offline NuclearStudent

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • N
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2020, 10:24:56 PM »
I can't seem to be able to design STO units. I can click on Static Unit, Armor Type, and Surface To Orbit perfectly fine. But when I click on the gun I've researched, I get-

Function#2640: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Function#2608: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Function#1838: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

https://imgur.com/Mn33WaC

Screencap for good measure. I researched a half-size gauss, a full-size gauss, and a laser. Researching more projects means more errors when I initially open the ground force design tab.

Offline Caplin

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2020, 10:31:57 PM »
EDIT: Tabbing through the options when starting a game or creating a race skips lines and comes back to them rather than going through every option sequentially in order

This is the "tab order," bug mentioned in V1.0 accessibility bugs. It's fixable in Visual Studio's "Tab Order," view.

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2020, 10:33:47 PM »
Function 1530: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Also I am un-able to gather intelligence on an enemy colony using a ELINT module, this bug might be related to above error message as I only started getting that when I put my ship  in range of the enemy pop.

EDIT: Errors stopped after moving out of range, definitely related.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 10:36:28 PM by DFNewb »

The following users thanked this post: alaysian

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2020, 10:38:31 PM »
Quote from: DFNewb link=topic=10684. msg122185#msg122185 date=1586826307
After you press wide view on the ship making screen there is no way of reversing it except for closing and reopenning the program.

I find no issue with this, just click "Normal View" does it for me

Same. Clicking Normal view button works fine.

Normal view button doesn't even appear for me after I press wide view...

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2020, 10:40:19 PM »
Omouamoua doesn't orbit once you make it a colony.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Panek

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2020, 10:58:40 PM »
V 1. 30

Bug: Commander screen won't load, button deselects the system view screen, but the commander screen is invisible/doesn't exist.  6 years into campaign, only changes I've made in the commander screen are a few name changes and ribbons.

Possible bug/change I missed/I'm just an idiot: Geological Survey Sensors are causing my survey ship to be classed as a military vessel.  Not sure if that's a bug or not, but I thought they counted as commercial in V 1. 0

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2020, 11:11:43 PM »
If you set the shipyard continual expansion target to less than the current amount, it will shrink your shipyard.

The following users thanked this post: db48x, NuclearStudent, Alsadius

Offline Lightning

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • L
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2020, 11:16:39 PM »
It appears that the deployment & maintenance clocks run at double speed when training.

The following users thanked this post: thashepherd