Author Topic: v1.50 Bugs Thread  (Read 13517 times)

Offline Saquenay

• Leading Rate
  • S
Re: v1.50 Bugs Thread
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2020, 02:44:05 PM »
Quote from: xenoscepter link=topic=10741. msg123434#msg123434 date=1586977214
Saquenay

What is you locale? I sometimes run a Japanese locale, and it messes stuff up.

Thank you for the suggestion!  Although I had checked all the language settings, the system's locale was set to something different (Chinese in this case).   However, note that changing the "Language for non-Unicode programs" to English was not sufficient.   I also had to change the settings in "Welcome screen and new user accounts".   There, the settings for the Current user were correct, but I had to use the "Copy your current settings to" buttons below to copy them over to the "welcome screen" and "New user accounts" sections.   Only after that last step did the font issue get fixed in Aurora.   See attached screenshot.

All this being said, it might be worth investigating (though perhaps not as a priority :) ) if Aurora could inherit it's display choices from the "current user" profile rather than the default admin profile?

The following users thanked this post: Doren

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2020, 02:46:30 PM »
Steve, is it intended that Military survey vessels cannot use high-efficiency commercial engines with a military jump drive?

Offline muzzlehead

• Petty Officer
  • m
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2020, 02:49:15 PM »
When I advance the time via the manual 30 day button, time does not advance 30 days.   It advances a random number of days. . .  see Events in the pic I provided.   

Offline greatmustachio

• Leading Rate
  • g
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2020, 02:56:56 PM »
Quote from: Ancalagon link=topic=10741. msg123464#msg123464 date=1586979990
Steve, is it intended that Military survey vessels cannot use high-efficiency commercial engines with a military jump drive?

Yes, that seems to be intended.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2020, 02:57:32 PM »
I've got a 1.3 bug and database, but I've looked through the 1.4 and 1.5 changelogs and don't see anything related.

My civ shipping is giving me a large number of "Pickup Failed" errors, "unable to load Infrastructure from Raleigh Prime as nothing was available for pickup".

I believe this started happening right around when they finished a (matched) Supply/Demand contract for Infrastructure on my Home World and Luna, but I can't be sure about that. Even when they started sending this error there was infrastructure available (something like 230). I checked and the Supply and Demand contracts were definitely done and gone. I churned out another couple thousand Infrastructure, so there is now quite a lot available, and finally I made a new Supply contract of around 500 infrastructure without making a matched Demand, to see if the excess Supply would make them happy. Nothing had any affect and I'm still getting the errors every several days.

Fixed in v1.5.

The following users thanked this post: Yonder

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2020, 02:58:39 PM »
When I advance the time via the manual 30 day button, time does not advance 30 days.   It advances a random number of days. . .  see Events in the pic I provided.

Yes, that is working as intended. Something happened to shorten the increment.

The following users thanked this post: muzzlehead

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2020, 03:01:30 PM »
Confirmed bug in v1.5 that prevent creation of STO weapons. I mean to prevent prototypes being used, but actually prevented non-prototypes :)

The following users thanked this post: vyser1on

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2020, 03:13:10 PM »
Quote from: Saquenay link=topic=10741. msg123463#msg123463 date=1586979845
Quote from: xenoscepter link=topic=10741.  msg123434#msg123434 date=1586977214
Saquenay

What is you locale? I sometimes run a Japanese locale, and it messes stuff up. 

Thank you for the suggestion!  Although I had checked all the language settings, the system's locale was set to something different (Chinese in this case).    However, note that changing the "Language for non-Unicode programs" to English was not sufficient.    I also had to change the settings in "Welcome screen and new user accounts".    There, the settings for the Current user were correct, but I had to use the "Copy your current settings to" buttons below to copy them over to the "welcome screen" and "New user accounts" sections.    Only after that last step did the font issue get fixed in Aurora.    See attached screenshot. 

All this being said, it might be worth investigating (though perhaps not as a priority :) ) if Aurora could inherit it's display choices from the "current user" profile rather than the default admin profile?

I've never really messed around much with localisation, but I wonder if a lot of these UI inconsistencies could be solved by something like:
CultureInfo. DefaultThreadCurrentCulture = CultureInfo. CreateSpecificCulture("en-GB");

The DefaultThreadCurrentCulture property gets or sets: "The default culture for threads in the current application domain, or null if the current system culture is the default thread culture in the application domain. "

https://docs. microsoft. com/en-us/dotnet/api/system. globalization. cultureinfo. defaultthreadcurrentuiculture?view=netframework-4. 8

Offline buergerjoh

• Petty Officer
  • b
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2020, 03:16:36 PM »
Minor (hopefully only UI) bug when creating formation templates:
Ground forces => formation template tab
If a HQ unit is not at the bottom in the element overview (bottom right) the HQ template attribut is not shown in the template overview (top right).

Offline dr125

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2020, 03:16:51 PM »
This was posted (not by me) in the 1.4 thread. I just got the same thing with 1.5.

Anyone able to create Medals?

I suddenly get Error 2471, Value can't be NULL although I have filled out all fields and selected an Image.

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2020, 03:24:18 PM »
Minor (hopefully only UI) bug when creating formation templates:
Ground forces => formation template tab
If a HQ unit is not at the bottom in the element overview (bottom right) the HQ template attribut is not shown in the template overview (top right).

Confirmed. Here is HQ listed first in the bottom right, which then doesn't properly show the HQ status in the upper right:

And here is the HQ deleted and readded to be last on the list in the bottom right, which then does properly show the HQ status in the upper right:

Offline Tikigod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2020, 03:25:46 PM »
Bit of a weird one, might not technically be a bug but definitely should be classed as behaviour to be changed:

If you assign a empty fleet standing orders such as "Survey Next Three System Locations" it will actually populate orders and move the fleet around the solar system as even empty fleets with no ships technically have a speed of 1km/s.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 03:28:06 PM by Tikigod »
The popular stereotype of the researcher is that of a skeptic and a pessimist.  Nothing could be further from the truth! Scientists must be optimists at heart, in order to block out the incessant chorus of those who say "It cannot be done. "

- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, University Commencement

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2020, 03:31:59 PM »
spooky ghost fleets

Offline Kristover

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • K
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2020, 03:34:30 PM »
Recurring issue since the beginning with setting support relationships with ground units.  The functionality of units supporting units seems to work - I've been setting artillery units to set up infantry units in the same brigade and I see the text colors change to orange and blue and a text saying who the artillery is supporting - BUT, I can't unset the relationship and turn it back to supporting no one (white text).  I can change who that unit is supporting but I can't set it back to an not supporting state.  I have tried removing the unit from the same hierarchy and I have even tried deleting the hierarchy but still orange/blue. 

V1.50 on a fresh installation and 5 years into game.  No errors previous in game play.

Offline Ekaton

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • E
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2020, 03:35:19 PM »
On loading the game, it shows Function 1170: The given key was not present in the dictionary. It repeats that command and loads the game, but with no bodies whatsoever showing on the map, apart from the sun.

It's impossible to load crew's profiles - it always gives the Function 384 error: object reference not set to an instance of an object. Trying to advance time results in the game trying to divide by zero and giving the function 4 error.

This is the second save I've lost since switching to Aurora C#. Both the save and the backup have the same result.

This is the .db file - https://gofile.io/?c=CRNmTO