Author Topic: v1.50 Bugs Thread  (Read 13537 times)

Offline Aezel

• Leading Rate
  • A
Re: v1.50 Bugs Thread
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2020, 04:13:31 PM »
Haven't seen this one yet, I don't think it is intended behaviour:

Mass drivers will only send the top most mineral, as long as there is supply and it is above reserve amount.  SM 1,000,000 of each mineral on a planet and mass drivers will only send Duranium, instead of dividing it equally as it used to.

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2020, 04:14:45 PM »

Why is there a (P) after the scientist's name?

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2020, 04:16:57 PM »

I'm seeing this too now. I don't know what this is, and it has no relation to their specialty field.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2020, 04:17:42 PM »
Posted in V1.40, but still exists in V1.50 (just tested):

In the Industry tab, if you queue several things (Queue C1, Queue C2, Queue C3...), and then you remove one item, you can't move items up or down on the queue if they would go "over" the removed item. So if you remove C5, then you can't move up in priority C6, or down in priority C4.

Fixed.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2020, 04:19:12 PM »
Very minor "Select System Name" bug:  I started a new game in Sol, went to System View, clicked "Select Name" to try out the new button, then I clicked "Cancel" instead of choosing a name.

This erased Sol's name, which is the bug I'm reporting. However, I manually renamed the system back to "Sol". Then I tried to reproduce the "Select Name" + "Cancel" bug again, but it didn't happen again. The system stayed named Sol.

Also, thanks for adding this button!  :)

Fixed.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2020, 04:20:26 PM »
Minor typo: I was curious and went through the buttons along the top of the map with Windows narrator running. The auto turns button says "OAtmated Turns". I'm guessing there's a typo?

Fixed.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2020, 04:23:31 PM »
The missile design form doesn't refresh after completing research on a missile design. You have to close the window and then open again to see it.

Need to add a "refresh" button to all forms so we can force a refresh without having to close and open again. This would save a lot of window moving as having to click on the system display buttons to ge tthe form back puts everything else behind that form.

Also, the "Load previous" and "second Stage" drop downs are still linked...  <noted above in time lag posting...>

Fixed.

Offline Randy

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2020, 04:26:12 PM »

I'm seeing this too now. I don't know what this is, and it has no relation to their specialty field.

Obviously, it means they are prototypes...  :-) :D

Or maybe it indicates a promotion??

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2020, 04:26:23 PM »
I haven't updated from v1.4 yet, but I didn't see it mentioned anywhere so I will assume it hasn't been changed. The ground unit summary you get when clicking on a planet or star in "Location" mode does not correctly merge the counts of different formations. I have attached a picture of what it looks like in my game. From this change log, I believe it is supposed to have one entry for each unit type. Is this true for anyone else?

The morale is different for each one. Can't remember if that is WAI.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2020, 04:30:35 PM »
When clicking "redo minerals" on Jupiter in the Fed nations game, I get this error. Looks like the bug wasn't fixed from 1.4. Again, minor bug, but it exists.

Function #1586: An item with the same key has already been added.

It takes a few tries to get the same error in a new game, but it does happen.

Fixed.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2020, 04:35:34 PM »
Quote from: Erik Luken link=topic=10741.    msg123396#msg123396 date=1586974963

Aren't those numbers in excess of what the population uses themselves? So it follows that a larger pop has fewer free goods (to some point)
Not exactly. All the numbers are down. Production and demand.   
It seems like the population per capita income develops normally until it is larger than ~10 million people, then it seems to be fixed at 1, with the according reduction in trade goods, except on the home world.   

Or I am totally misunderstanding how the economy works, but it works fine on your home planet and happens regardless if your colony has 0 industry or everyone employed.  In the 3rd and 4th screenshot, all the colonists are employed.  The only thing that changed was the population growth greater than ~12 million.

Can you show the pop summary for those population - any issues with your pop production modifiers? Summary middle bottom.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2020, 04:41:15 PM »
Ships don't overhaul if they have 0 MSP. Description of the resulting behaviour (copied from the 1.40 bug report thread):
If I sent the GEV Ferdinand Magellan from the standard game to overhaul at the Home World then its maintenance clock just keeps increasing, even though there is sufficient maintenance capacity and MSP available. Its possible orders also continue to show "Begin overhaul" (not "Abandon overhaul") but if I select that again I get the error "Orders cannot be assigned to fleet which has ships undergoing overhaul."

To reproduce, set the Ferdinand Magellan to a supply ship in the class design window, order it to transfer its MSP to Home World and then order it to overhaul at Home World.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or intended behaviour, but it seems that if the overhaul takes MSP from the population first then either a ship with 0 MSP should be able to be overhauled or an overhaul should automatically resupply the ships as part of its task.

It isn't the zero MSP. It is that supply ships don't make use of maint facilities. Still a bug though. Fixed.

Offline Caplin

« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2020, 04:47:46 PM »
The accessible name  for the mining summary button in the galactic map calls it a "mining smumary.”

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2020, 04:51:22 PM »
Holdover bug from v1.  4:

Create Research Project, of type Engine (Ion Drive, 100%, 0.  8L/h, 100%, 10HS).    Go to Research section of Economics, and delete the newly created project.    Attempt recreation of project in the Create Research Project Window (Ion Drive, 100%, 0.  8L/h, 100%, 25HS), receive error on Function #1051: An item with the same key has already been added. 

Holdover bug from v1.  4:

After starting a new game where you get Instant Research Points, the "Instant" button in the Research section of Economics doesn't disappear once you run out of Instant RP.     And there's no check to ensure you have sufficient Instant RP to research a tech.

Reproduced and fixed for the Create Research bug.

Instant button now vanishes when Instant RP done

Offline Caplin

« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2020, 04:52:23 PM »
Also on the galactic map, the "refresh," button says "refreash."