Author Topic: v1.50 Bugs Thread  (Read 13529 times)

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
Re: v1.50 Bugs Thread
« Reply #90 on: April 15, 2020, 04:54:23 PM »
I haven't updated from v1.4 yet, but I didn't see it mentioned anywhere so I will assume it hasn't been changed. The ground unit summary you get when clicking on a planet or star in "Location" mode does not correctly merge the counts of different formations. I have attached a picture of what it looks like in my game. From this change log, I believe it is supposed to have one entry for each unit type. Is this true for anyone else?
The morale is different for each one. Can't remember if that is WAI.
I didn't notice that. It makes sense, though I personally think the screen would be more useful if the morale was the average of all units of that type, or something similar. I'm not sure if there is any other way to get an easy summary of stats like "I have 563 tanks on Earth".

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2020, 04:56:44 PM »
Ground Forces window > Unit Class Design tab

Clicking the column heading "Base Unit Type" in the upper left panel gives:
Function #2608: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.   
Function #1838: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.   

Yeah I know, just don't click it.   .   .      :)

Edit: When this is selected, the same errors are thrown when selecting any of the components in the bottom left panel.   Error is not thrown when no component is selected in bottom left panel and Base Unity Type is clicked.

Fixed.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2020, 05:02:43 PM »
Here's a couple combat bugs:

1. Auto-assign BFC doesn't seem to work, and haven't tested MFC. Can reproduce by using the attached DB and trying to fly to Mars and auto assign with the battle fleet to try to kill aliens.

2. Moving to a contact seems bugged, at least for the situation I have the DB saved at where there is a battle fleet at Earth and a NPR survey fleet at luna. Giving a move order to battle fleet to move to Garf 001 the fleet at Luna then moving in 5s intervals causes the battle fleet to take a wierd parabolic trajectory and then not actually "go" to where the alien fleet is, stopping about 10000 to 50000 km out. I was even able to make it move away from the fleet in some circumstances.

EDIT: Here is a gif of it in action:
https://i.gyazo.com/7f922e3fb39e1032fc1c9759b6f435a7.mp4

You can't auto-assign unless you have hostile targets. Parabolic course is because fleet is trying to intercept the last course.

Offline Vivalas

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • V
« Reply #93 on: April 15, 2020, 05:05:12 PM »
Here's a couple combat bugs:

1. Auto-assign BFC doesn't seem to work, and haven't tested MFC. Can reproduce by using the attached DB and trying to fly to Mars and auto assign with the battle fleet to try to kill aliens.

2. Moving to a contact seems bugged, at least for the situation I have the DB saved at where there is a battle fleet at Earth and a NPR survey fleet at luna. Giving a move order to battle fleet to move to Garf 001 the fleet at Luna then moving in 5s intervals causes the battle fleet to take a wierd parabolic trajectory and then not actually "go" to where the alien fleet is, stopping about 10000 to 50000 km out. I was even able to make it move away from the fleet in some circumstances.

EDIT: Here is a gif of it in action:
https://i.gyazo.com/7f922e3fb39e1032fc1c9759b6f435a7.mp4

You can't auto-assign unless you have hostile targets. Parabolic course is because fleet is trying to intercept the last course.

Ah I see, thank you. There still seems to be some wierdness though. The fleet stops short of the enemy fleet, not actually landing on the same exact position, and in some cases telling to go intercept will make it go the opposite direction.

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #94 on: April 15, 2020, 05:16:18 PM »
I think this was reported today, but on v1.5 it seems discovered ruins don't show on the System Map tab "Artifacts":

Pushing the "refresh the tactical map window" button doesn't add ruins to this tab, nor does switching to another system and then switching back.

However, if you save and restart Aurora, the "Artifacts" tab populates correctly:

Offline Demonius

« Reply #95 on: April 15, 2020, 05:17:51 PM »
I keep having NPRs spawn 1 jump next to Sol. I even selected 30 LY min distance this time. And in Alpha Centauri, no less, and thats about 4 LY away :p sigh...

Offline Vivalas

• V
« Reply #96 on: April 15, 2020, 05:18:24 PM »
I think this was reported today, but on v1.5 it seems discovered ruins don't show on the System Map tab "Artifacts":

Pushing the "refresh the tactical map window" button doesn't add ruins to this tab, nor does switching to another system and then switching back.

However, if you save and restart Aurora, the "Artifacts" tab populates correctly:

I think all of the tactical map menu stuff works like that. for me I had to select the player race in the dropdown and it updated

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2020, 05:21:17 PM »
If I copy a design, I am able to select the design from the 'Refit From' dropdown menu, even if there aren't any ships build of it. If I select refit, it creates a 'divide by zero' error for function #2185. This is repeated every time I enter the economics window and when I pass time I get a 'divide by zero' error for function #2097.

Furthermore, I can't see built ships, orbiting Earth, in the dropdown menu for refitting.

Its fine to select classes that don't have ships yet. However, it is a bug that you can create a refit (or repair or scrap) without a target ship. Fixed.

The following users thanked this post: smoelf

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2020, 05:23:23 PM »
I haven't updated from v1.4 yet, but I didn't see it mentioned anywhere so I will assume it hasn't been changed. The ground unit summary you get when clicking on a planet or star in "Location" mode does not correctly merge the counts of different formations. I have attached a picture of what it looks like in my game. From this change log, I believe it is supposed to have one entry for each unit type. Is this true for anyone else?
The morale is different for each one. Can't remember if that is WAI.
I didn't notice that. It makes sense, though I personally think the screen would be more useful if the morale was the average of all units of that type, or something similar. I'm not sure if there is any other way to get an easy summary of stats like "I have 563 tanks on Earth".

You may have to translate forces to text. Not sure if it works I haven't tried myself yet as not really possible to AAR or Fiction every day (sometimes twice)

:-)

PS: Thanks Steve the support has been amazing so far so please don't stop

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2020, 05:23:48 PM »
In the Class Design window, Miscellaneous tab, Total Crew HS Required is listed as 9.81, Crew HS Available is listed as  9.8.  Crew Berths is 135 (matching the Class Design tab of 135 crew listed), but spare berths is listed as -1.  No errors popping up that I can see, so possibly just a rounding display error?

That sounds like rounding error. That section is just for display purposes in case you are curious about the calculation.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2020, 05:24:54 PM »
1.4 not 1.5, but it seems you can unlock ships that are currently in use in the design window, change the components and lock it again, all without using the Space Master mode. Ships automatically update to include the new components.

Yes, that's fine. It is to allow the player to correct mistakes. It can be abused, but there are may ways in Aurora to cheat at Solitaire if so desired.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2020, 05:26:02 PM »
This was posted (not by me) in the 1.4 thread. I just got the same thing with 1.5.

Anyone able to create Medals?

I suddenly get Error 2471, Value can't be NULL although I have filled out all fields and selected an Image.

Can you post db?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #102 on: April 15, 2020, 05:28:47 PM »
Bit of a weird one, might not technically be a bug but definitely should be classed as behaviour to be changed:

If you assign a empty fleet standing orders such as "Survey Next Three System Locations" it will actually populate orders and move the fleet around the solar system as even empty fleets with no ships technically have a speed of 1km/s.

Fixed. No standing order checks for empty fleets.

Offline vyser1on

• Leading Rate
  • v
« Reply #103 on: April 15, 2020, 05:33:10 PM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=10741.   msg123529#msg123529 date=1586986534

Can you show the pop summary for those population - any issues with your pop production modifiers? Summary middle bottom.   

Oops, sorry, that was it.      :o
So ~10 million is when they start to feel unsafe and want to be protected by the military.   

I missed this amongst all the "Unrest is rising due to overcrowding" events.    I only looked at the event type, not the text and ignored those because more infrastructure was already on the way.   
Once political instability hit the lowest level, there is no event warning about decreasing stability anymore because political instability hit rock bottom.   

Maybe a "Unrest is as bad as it could be, do something!" event would be helpful?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #104 on: April 15, 2020, 05:34:50 PM »
Minor (hopefully only UI) bug when creating formation templates:
Ground forces => formation template tab
If a HQ unit is not at the bottom in the element overview (bottom right) the HQ template attribut is not shown in the template overview (top right).
Confirmed. Here is HQ listed first in the bottom right, which then doesn't properly show the HQ status in the upper right:

Fixed.