Author Topic: v1.5.1 Bugs Thread  (Read 54898 times)

Offline dsiOne

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • d
Re: v1.5.1 Bugs Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2020, 09:18:41 PM »
v1. 5. 1

It is possible to create a new ship class with an empty string for the class name by deleting the string in the class select drop down before clicking New Ship Class.   Can easily be reproduced in the included Federated Nations save. 

Immediately results in "#2520: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" followed by "#2899: Object reference not set to an instance of an object".   No classes show up in the tree on the left making it impossible to edit designs.   The same #2520 error pops up every time the Class Design window is opened afterwards and when a new ship class is created correctly. 

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2020, 09:19:30 PM »
When a ship comes out of Overhaul with no orders, they are limited to 1 km/sec even if you advance time—until you actually give them a move order and advance time, at which point they are set to their normal max speed.

This means that when you give your initial orders to a ship that finished overhaul, the "Travel Time Required" is calculated based on the 1km/sec speed, resulting in estimates like these for 19 thousand days of travel time (note the comma!):

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2020, 09:22:37 PM »
The retool dropdown for naval shipyards still shows fighter classes.

Offline Ektor

• Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2020, 09:45:01 PM »
My game has become immensely slow when I'm zoomed in at my home planet. I don't know what's causing it. Here's my DB:

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2020, 09:49:08 PM »
When a ship comes out of Overhaul with no orders, they are limited to 1 km/sec even if you advance time—until you actually give them a move order and advance time, at which point they are set to their normal max speed.

This means that when you give your initial orders to a ship that finished overhaul, the "Travel Time Required" is calculated based on the 1km/sec speed, resulting in estimates like these for 19 thousand days of travel time (note the comma!):

I don't think it's a bug. Let me rephrase is a missing bit:

So in Aurora VB6 you were able to set the speed something I cannot find currently in Aurora C#. There is though a Flagging option to Use maximum speed.

So what is happening now is that your ship is coming out of Overhaul at 1kms speed (you can see it at your 3rd line in the screenshot provided) and as soon as you issue the order the ship will reach max speed and adjust the ETA accordingly. So, for instance, this is absolutely perfect.

How to fix: Either you find (and if there isn't we add it) the set speed and adjust it manually so that you'll be able to actually see the current ETA based on the speed you require or Steve will have to ensure that every ship coming out of overhaul are going to be set at max speed by default.

EDIT: Actually there is, see attached. Just set the speed manually. The getting out of overhaul with full speed could be considered a QOL then rather than a bug.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 09:55:38 PM by froggiest1982 »

Offline Ektor

• Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2020, 09:55:20 PM »
My game has become immensely slow when I'm zoomed in at my home planet. I don't know what's causing it. Here's my DB:

Additionally, it seems my survey probes are not working at all.

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2020, 10:01:19 PM »
Pressing Auto Fleet FC for this fleet / fighters does nothing:

The auto target options are also not working.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 10:03:36 PM by DFNewb »

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2020, 10:02:24 PM »
You can't set a continuous capacity upgrade shipyard task of more than a 2,000 ton (military) or 10,000 ton (commercial) increase.

Looks like I can. See attached the before picture I set it up. The After picture (few months later) upgrade started no issues with no errors.

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2020, 10:09:36 PM »
So I was geo surverying a NPR system when they decided to blow up my ships.

2 years later they send two geo surveryers into Sol.

I engage.

They seem to just be sitting there still Geo surveying instead of running away or something. Well that's what my geo surveryer did as well but kinda weird maybe something to look into the future.

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2020, 10:16:19 PM »
After picking up survivors from enemy ship lifepods, I am getting the message about changing time to shorter increments cause of NPR fighting but AFAIK the only fighting that happened was just now and me and them, they have no more ships.

I am only getting the message after picking up the survivors. I will leave it to run alone for a while to see if anything changes.

So I SM moved them to earth, tried to unload survivors but I still have the unload survivors order available after they complete it and it's still giving me 5 second turns.

So after deleting the fleet and SM'ing in a new one to replace it, turns go as normal. Definitely an issue with survivors.

EDIT: I did get the autopsy research available, I will try researching it.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 10:31:21 PM by DFNewb »

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2020, 10:29:39 PM »
In 1.5 and 1.5.1, I get an error in function #2587: C:\Aurora4x\\Races\error when I try to open the Races window. Then the window is uninitialized; all text fields contain either just the string "Text" or "0", no images show up, etc. This worked in 1.4.

Worse, I forgot to edit certain things when I started the game; my mighty empire is still called "Player Race"!

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2020, 10:45:05 PM »

I don't think it's a bug. Let me rephrase is a missing bit:

So in Aurora VB6 you were able to set the speed something I cannot find currently in Aurora C#. There is though a Flagging option to Use maximum speed.

So what is happening now is that your ship is coming out of Overhaul at 1kms speed (you can see it at your 3rd line in the screenshot provided) and as soon as you issue the order the ship will reach max speed and adjust the ETA accordingly. So, for instance, this is absolutely perfect.

How to fix: Either you find (and if there isn't we add it) the set speed and adjust it manually so that you'll be able to actually see the current ETA based on the speed you require or Steve will have to ensure that every ship coming out of overhaul are going to be set at max speed by default.

EDIT: Actually there is, see attached. Just set the speed manually. The getting out of overhaul with full speed could be considered a QOL then rather than a bug.

It's a bug. My fleet is set to "Use Maximum Speed", yet it doesn't when it comes out of overhaul, even if you move time intervals forward. It stays at 1km/sec as described in the bug report until it receives a movement order and time is progressed. This bug further causes a completely wrong Travel Time Required to be shown.

It's working as "programmed", yes, but surely not as designed.

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2020, 10:51:03 PM »
At some point between v1.50 and v1.51, some of my ground units completely vanished. I have no idea where they went. In this screenshot, the 5th thru 20th Colonial Garrisons have vanished.

I definitely built them, but they are nowhere to be found. They're not hiding on any troop transports. None of my ground commanders are leading any of the ghost units. There's been no ground combat in my game so far.

I'm not sure exactly when they disappeared. I started this game on v1.50, built the units, then later upgraded to v1.51 and played for a while. Then I noticed they were missing.

They are not STO units. All of the formation templates are made from this same unit:

Offline yourITguy

• Petty Officer
  • y
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2020, 10:53:29 PM »
The Resupply at Colony or Supply Hub standing order seems to be broken.

I was seven years into a conventional start.  Colonies on Earth, Luna, and Mars, no refueling hubs or resupply hubs.  My survey ship has the following standing orders:

Survey Nearest Body
If Fuel Less than 20% then Refuel from Colony or Hub (All)
If Supply Points less than 20% then Resupply at Colony or Supply Hub

Geo sensor failed and was repaired, leaving the ship with 6% MSP, but instead of returning to Earth to resupply after completing the current survey order, it queued up another survey order; however, switching the standing order to Resupply at Colony did cause it to queue up a "resupply at Earth" order as expected.

The following users thanked this post: Ancalagon

Offline buergerjoh

• Petty Officer
  • b
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2020, 11:05:13 PM »
Known anomalies are not shown in the tactical view => artifacts tab. Saving and reloading fixes the issue, refresh tactical doesn´t. Ruins are shown, still searching for some wrecks.