Author Topic: v1.5.1 Bugs Thread  (Read 54922 times)

Offline Vivalas

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • V
Re: v1.5.1 Bugs Thread
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2020, 11:10:39 PM »
Pressing Auto Fleet FC for this fleet / fighters does nothing:

The auto target options are also not working.

Did you set the enemy NPR you're engaging to 'Hostile' in the diplomacy screen? Auto-target only works for hostile races.

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2020, 11:23:11 PM »

Did you set the enemy NPR you're engaging to 'Hostile' in the diplomacy screen? Auto-target only works for hostile races.

After the screen shot I moved my fighters into range of the enemy ships and tried auto target and it did not work after I manually assigned the FC's to the weapons.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 11:35:04 PM by DFNewb »

Offline Nori

• Bug Moderators
  • Lt. Commander
  • Discord Username: Nori Silverrage
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2020, 11:27:27 PM »
Either components aren't getting marked as obsolete, or obsolete components are showing up in class design.
If you click on a component and hit Obso Comp in class design, nothing happens. In tech report it can be marked as obsolete but it doesn't change Class design.

edit: I'm also getting a function 1530 object reference not set to a instance of an object when advancing time 5 days and I have a ship near a newly discovered NPR.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 12:04:20 AM by Nori »

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2020, 12:04:56 AM »
When a ship comes out of Overhaul with no orders, they are limited to 1 km/sec even if you advance time—until you actually give them a move order and advance time, at which point they are set to their normal max speed.

This means that when you give your initial orders to a ship that finished overhaul, the "Travel Time Required" is calculated based on the 1km/sec speed, resulting in estimates like these for 19 thousand days of travel time (note the comma!):

I don't think it's a bug. Let me rephrase is a missing bit:

So in Aurora VB6 you were able to set the speed something I cannot find currently in Aurora C#. There is though a Flagging option to Use maximum speed.

So what is happening now is that your ship is coming out of Overhaul at 1kms speed (you can see it at your 3rd line in the screenshot provided) and as soon as you issue the order the ship will reach max speed and adjust the ETA accordingly. So, for instance, this is absolutely perfect.

How to fix: Either you find (and if there isn't we add it) the set speed and adjust it manually so that you'll be able to actually see the current ETA based on the speed you require or Steve will have to ensure that every ship coming out of overhaul are going to be set at max speed by default.

EDIT: Actually there is, see attached. Just set the speed manually. The getting out of overhaul with full speed could be considered a QOL then rather than a bug.

It's a bug. My fleet is set to "Use Maximum Speed", yet it doesn't when it comes out of overhaul, even if you move time intervals forward. It stays at 1km/sec as described in the bug report until it receives a movement order and time is progressed. This bug further causes a completely wrong Travel Time Required to be shown.

It's working as "programmed", yes, but surely not as designed.

I cannot replicate. I mean I do get 1km/s and The use Maximum speed is to ensure the ship going to max speed when you issue an order. However, when my ship is out of overhaul I click on the set speed button, I set it to the max I have for that ship (2000km/s) and it's all good. the only problem I see is that it doesn't update in real-time but you have to close and reopen the screen to get the right calculation.

It used to be like that in VB6 too (but I am sure calculation were in real-time) if you had a problem with your ship set the speed of 1km/s or if you merge to another fleet using the max speed of the slower ship. All the times you had to remember to max the speed as well.

I do agree ships should come out of overhaul to get Max Speed as default, just not sure if it's a bug or it's just working like that.

Offline noodles590

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • n
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2020, 12:47:44 AM »
In Class Design you can unlock the design, update it and it automatically updates the current already built ships without having to refit.

SM was not active.

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2020, 12:59:42 AM »
At some point between v1.50 and v1.51, some of my ground units completely vanished. I have no idea where they went. In this screenshot, the 5th thru 20th Colonial Garrisons have vanished.

I definitely built them, but they are nowhere to be found. They're not hiding on any troop transports. None of my ground commanders are leading any of the ghost units. There's been no ground combat in my game so far.

I'm not sure exactly when they disappeared. I started this game on v1.50, built the units, then later upgraded to v1.51 and played for a while. Then I noticed they were missing.

They are not STO units. All of the formation templates are made from this same unit:

One extra note: I saved my game, closed Aurora, and restarted Aurora during this game in order to report an unrelated bug. Just in case this might be some sort of "Save Game" issue, I've attached my game here with the missing 5th thru 20th Colonial Garrison BNs.

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2020, 01:04:37 AM »
A Discord user reported that adding more population to a planet lowered the absolute number of workers on the planet, which doesn't seem intended.

Screenshots below. Note the manufacturing population decreases, while the total population increases:

The planet's got a max capacity of 978 million, and a habitability of 6.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 01:17:46 AM by Ancalagon »

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2020, 01:07:26 AM »
When a ship comes out of Overhaul with no orders, they are limited to 1 km/sec even if you advance time—until you actually give them a move order and advance time, at which point they are set to their normal max speed.

This means that when you give your initial orders to a ship that finished overhaul, the "Travel Time Required" is calculated based on the 1km/sec speed, resulting in estimates like these for 19 thousand days of travel time (note the comma!):

I don't think it's a bug. Let me rephrase is a missing bit:

So in Aurora VB6 you were able to set the speed something I cannot find currently in Aurora C#. There is though a Flagging option to Use maximum speed.

So what is happening now is that your ship is coming out of Overhaul at 1kms speed (you can see it at your 3rd line in the screenshot provided) and as soon as you issue the order the ship will reach max speed and adjust the ETA accordingly. So, for instance, this is absolutely perfect.

How to fix: Either you find (and if there isn't we add it) the set speed and adjust it manually so that you'll be able to actually see the current ETA based on the speed you require or Steve will have to ensure that every ship coming out of overhaul are going to be set at max speed by default.

EDIT: Actually there is, see attached. Just set the speed manually. The getting out of overhaul with full speed could be considered a QOL then rather than a bug.

It's a bug. My fleet is set to "Use Maximum Speed", yet it doesn't when it comes out of overhaul, even if you move time intervals forward. It stays at 1km/sec as described in the bug report until it receives a movement order and time is progressed. This bug further causes a completely wrong Travel Time Required to be shown.

It's working as "programmed", yes, but surely not as designed.

I cannot replicate. I mean I do get 1km/s and The use Maximum speed is to ensure the ship going to max speed when you issue an order. However, when my ship is out of overhaul I click on the set speed button, I set it to the max I have for that ship (2000km/s) and it's all good. the only problem I see is that it doesn't update in real-time but you have to close and reopen the screen to get the right calculation.

You did replicate it. You then used a workaround when the bug happened. We can let Steve handle it now.  :)

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2020, 01:31:40 AM »
A Discord user reported that adding more population to a planet lowered the absolute number of workers on the planet, which doesn't seem intended.

Screenshots below. Note the manufacturing population decreases, while the total population increases:

Thats working as intended. Small coloies get a bonus to Manufacturing efficiency, which reduces as the colonies Service industry increases to its 'normal' 70% as the colony grows.
Your big problem here is a colony cost 6 world requiring 36.5% for Agriculture and enviromental. On a perfect world thats 5%, and as I recall each addittional 1 colony cost adds 5% more environmental requirement. Anything above 5% and you basically have no manufacturing population. You should automate as much of that colonies industry as possible, and tack on some orbital habitats as they're locked to 5% agriculture and 70% service for the additional population added . You'll see the percentages change as more habitats are added, though it would need to be a lot for a colony with 100+million people.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline GL

• Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2020, 01:38:04 AM »
Hi, the standing order "Move to Gas Giant with Sorium"  doesn't seem to be working.

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2020, 01:52:23 AM »

Thats working as intended. Small coloies get a bonus to Manufacturing efficiency, which reduces as the colonies Service industry increases to its 'normal' 70% as the colony grows.
Your big problem here is a colony cost 6 world requiring 36.5% for Agriculture and enviromental. On a perfect world thats 5%, and as I recall each addittional 1 colony cost adds 5% more environmental requirement. Anything above 5% and you basically have no manufacturing population. You should automate as much of that colonies industry as possible, and tack on some orbital habitats as they're locked to 5% agriculture and 70% service for the additional population added . You'll see the percentages change as more habitats are added, though it would need to be a lot for a colony with 100+million people.

Yes, the percent ratios change. But in absolute terms, there are 15 million more people living in the colony now, yet 0.5 million fewer workers overall. That's much harder to make sense of, and seems like an unintended aspect of the math behind the scenes.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 01:55:00 AM by Ancalagon »

Offline Vivalas

• V
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2020, 01:54:05 AM »

Here's an example of the same colony with 500m people. The problem is the colony cost, which causes the manufacturing percentage to eventually go to zero if ag percentage is above 70%. There should be a minimum of say 5% manufacturing jobs when all else is considered to prevent this, otherwise worlds with an agriculture percentage of 30% or more will always converge to 0 workers.

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2020, 02:09:52 AM »

Here's an example of the same colony with 500m people. The problem is the colony cost, which causes the manufacturing percentage to eventually go to zero if ag percentage is above 70%. There should be a minimum of say 5% manufacturing jobs when all else is considered to prevent this, otherwise worlds with an agriculture percentage of 30% or more will always converge to 0 workers.

Yes, as it should.

Some worlds are to inhospitable to colonize without terraforming. Same in VB6. I just tested it now
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

Offline Vivalas

• V
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2020, 02:15:14 AM »

Yes, as it should.

Some worlds are to inhospitable to colonize without terraforming. Same in VB6. I just tested it now

Doens't make a whole lot of sense that everyone should just eventually give up manufacturing jobs though. There should be a minimum.

Offline Vivalas

• V
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2020, 02:15:58 AM »

After the screen shot I moved my fighters into range of the enemy ships and tried auto target and it did not work after I manually assigned the FC's to the weapons.

Yes but did you set the race to hostile? In the diplomacy screen?