Author Topic: How conquest works  (Read 1881 times)

Offline Droll (OP)

• Vice Admiral
  • D
How conquest works
« on: April 23, 2020, 02:33:59 PM »
I just successfully invaded an NPR world - it's a bit shagged from prior missile bombardment but now my troops are just sat there and there is still a hostile population contact, it hasn't changed ownership.

How do I assume control of the actual population?

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
Re: How conquest works
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 02:39:28 PM »
I don't have the new combat rules in front of me, but do you need to set some of your army onto front line attack?

Offline Droll (OP)

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 02:57:55 PM »
I don't have the new combat rules in front of me, but do you need to set some of your army onto front line attack?

Already done - my mechanized brigade for example was on FA throughout the combat.

I've already won the combat, the estimated enemy ground tonnage is 0 on actives and all fighting has ceased on the ground despite stuff being on frontline attack.

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2020, 03:06:33 PM »
Very odd. This is the only quote I could find from Steve in the changes thread. He invaded several planets in one of his AARs, so it should be safe to assume that the feature was implemented at some point.
If only one side has ground forces present, there may be a conquest (rules and code TBD).
How long has it been since the other side's ground forces were destroyed?

Offline Droll (OP)

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2020, 03:34:52 PM »
Very odd. This is the only quote I could find from Steve in the changes thread. He invaded several planets in one of his AARs, so it should be safe to assume that the feature was implemented at some point.
If only one side has ground forces present, there may be a conquest (rules and code TBD).
How long has it been since the other side's ground forces were destroyed?

Multiple months - however I've realised something. I have a ship with ELINT in orbit since the population contact is still there with around 1k thermal and EM signature. Because of my prior missile bombing the raditation and dust have rendered the planet uninhabitable. All civilian population is dead and as of yes I haven't detected any facilities either.

There being no facilities is interesting since I doubt they were all destroyed however the conquest might not be triggering because I haven't left much in the way to be conquered.
As I get more intel I might find out what is generating the signature given time.

Offline Droll (OP)

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2020, 04:51:01 PM »
I found the problem - there is 400 tons worth of hidden STO units. For some reason they are not being engaged and arent consistently showing up on active sensors. They also aren't firing at any ships.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2020, 05:02:03 PM »
I found the problem - there is 400 tons worth of hidden STO units. For some reason they are not being engaged and arent consistently showing up on active sensors. They also aren't firing at any ships.

You may send the database to Steve?

Just to be sure everything is WAI

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2020, 05:03:22 PM »

STO units can remain hidden (i.e. undetectable) until firing.

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2020, 05:04:34 PM »
If they are the only thing left, they probably should either be engaged by ground units or not stop them from conquering the population. Sounds like a bug to me.

Offline Conscript Gary

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2020, 07:24:21 PM »
In the meantime though, could be a good chance to test out the new search and destroy mission for fighters!  ;D

Offline Droll (OP)

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2020, 07:41:12 PM »
I sent the DB to steve - to give you guys an update I was able to take a precursor outpost with 40k ton ground forces and 5k ton STO forces on it no problems. The faction that I had conquered previously was a bombed out NPR faction.

Edit: If you guys wanna try reproduce go to the 1.8.0 bug thread find it near the end and look at the Arcturus system. There should be some expeditionary forces left over that you can toggle to attack.

Offline Scud

• Petty Officer
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2020, 07:48:06 PM »
I wonder if this in some way related to the Ground Unit deletion bug that some players are encountering, where their units are being 'deleted' after a save but remain somewhere in the DB.

Offline Droll (OP)

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2020, 07:59:14 PM »
I wonder if this in some way related to the Ground Unit deletion bug that some players are encountering, where their units are being 'deleted' after a save but remain somewhere in the DB.

In any case the fact that it isn't consistent across all ground invasions is going to make it a pain to resolve.