Author Topic: v1.9.3 Bugs Thread  (Read 29431 times)

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
Re: v1.9.3 Bugs Thread
« Reply #240 on: May 03, 2020, 07:59:17 AM »
Underway Replenishment doesn't seem to work correctly, unless I'm completely misunderstanding how it's supposed to work.
Assuming it's supposed to be the % of stationary refueling speed a tanker is capable of during transit, it's currently way to low.

Ex: Tug I is a fleet with a tanker and Tug moving together. Tanker has "Refueling Capability: 60 000 litres per hour" and I got "Underway Replenishment 30%".
After about one month of flying they've covered 2.6b km, and the Tug range has gone down about 2.4b km. So it has been refueled a bit.
But the tanker should have been able to fully refuel the tug several times over during this period, as even at 30% speed refueling should't take more then 10 days or so.

Tanker was probably build before Underway Replenishment was researched if that matters.
Tanker is in a sub-fleet in the Tugs fleet, set to "Refuel own fleet". And it is working somewhat, only way slow.
It's a 9.1/9.2 (not 100% sure) game continued in 9.3

« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 08:22:07 AM by Resand »
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

Offline Exultant

• Petty Officer
  • E
« Reply #241 on: May 03, 2020, 08:06:25 AM »
I tracked down the source of my bug, but I don't know what specifically was causing it. 

When attempting to solve the error message, locate CS Tianjin on the fleet menu - it is a ship which surrendered to me in the NPR battle.  SM repair it, and try advancing time.  That should fix the problem. 

The error must be due to something destroyed on the ship, as it surrendered with something like 80% damage.  My guess is it is Crew Quarters related, but this is speculation. 

Offline Feeble

• Petty Officer
« Reply #242 on: May 03, 2020, 08:07:32 AM »
Apologies if this has already been fixed.

Versions bug has been observed in: V1.93
The function number: N/A
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected: Class Design
What you were doing at the time: Building two freighter classes
A conventional start: Yes
A random stars game: No
Is the bug easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off: Easy to reproduce
A long campaign - say 75 years or longer:  No
The length of the campaign: 11 years
Notes: Attaching my .db because it is happening in my game
Notes: Concord class was made by clicking the "Copy Class" button on Lexington class

The bug: The "Build Time (yrs)" in the Class Design does not seem to calculate the actual build time.

Steps to reproduce:

• Open Class Design window
  • View Concord class and Lexington class freighter build times and note the difference in size
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 08:21:49 AM by Feeble »

Offline Exultant

• Petty Officer
  • E
« Reply #243 on: May 03, 2020, 08:08:54 AM »
Quote from: Resand link=topic=11173. msg130296#msg130296 date=1588510757
Underway Replenishment doesn't seem to work correctly, unless I'm completely misunderstanding how it's supposed to work.
Assuming it's supposed to be the % of stationary refueling speed a tanker is capable of during transit, it's currently way to low.

Ex: Tug I is a fleet with a tanker and Tug moving together.  Tanker has "Refueling Capability: 60 000 litres per hour" and I got "Underway Replenishment 30%".
After about one month of flying they've covered 2. 6b km, and the Tug range has gone down about 2. 4b km.  So it has been refueled a bit.
But the tanker should have been able to fully refuel the tug several times over during this period, as even at 30% speed refueling should't take more then 10 days or so.

Tanker was probably build before Underway Replenishment was researched if that matters.
Tanker is in a sub-fleet in the Tugs fleet, set to "Refuel own fleet".  And it is working somewhat, only way slow.
It's a 9. 1/9. 2 (not 100% sure) game continued in 9. 3

Did you remember to tell the tanker to refuel fleet? It's a drop down option in Ship Design Display tab when you select the tanker directly (not the fleet) in Naval Organization

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #244 on: May 03, 2020, 08:12:48 AM »
Hi Steve, it looks to me the missile onboard ECM is not working as intended against incoming AMMs.

The hit chance is about 52%, so it seems the onboard ECM did not decrease this chance (should be 0 since it has ECM 6 onboard).

The hit chance for PD guns are working as intended, affected by the onboard.

Attached is the DB for you to reporduce the issue. The firing fleet is under Earth Federation at earth, the defending fleet is under Martian Republic on Mars.

Thanks for the detailed bug report and providing a db with the situation setup so well.

Bug found and fixed. Also, missiles vs ships with ECM was not working either so fixed that too.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #245 on: May 03, 2020, 08:23:00 AM »
Small issue with Atmosphere status in Summary (Economics window). I put colony on small dwarf planet that has no atmosphere, but in Summary view it shows as Atmosphere Breathable.

Same problem with other bodies. In Sol, colony on Ganymede has only Aestusium/Water Vapor atmosphere but it is shown as breathable in Summary view. On the other hand, for Callisto (only Aestusium) it works correctly and shows Not Breathable.

Another colony in Sirius that is being terraformed has only  0.05 atm of oxygen but it is shown as breathable in Summary view.

TN start, real stars, decimal separator is dot.

Fixed.

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #246 on: May 03, 2020, 08:23:39 AM »
Minor Bug

In Naval Organisation Window, Rabble fleet selected, micellaneous tab

There is button "SM: Move Fleet" Visible, but I do not have Space Master enabled

Fixed.

Can we leave a non-SM button to move a fleet if it is empty?

Otherwise we can't create placeholder fleets to be the target of orders (for example, for delivering tugged ships at new mining colonies).

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #247 on: May 03, 2020, 08:26:20 AM »
Reposted as I forgot the attachment (thanks Froggiest)

The function number #1538

The complete error text The object reference not set to an instance of an object

The window affected Error is thrown at construction phase.     Doesn't matter what window is active

What you were doing at the time I believe it began when I ran out of fuel on my fleet after returning from an NPR fight.     Around the time I started a tugging route to get the stranded ships back to Sol

Conventional or TN start TN

Random or Real Stars Real

Is your decimal separator a comma? No, natively a period.   

Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Hits on every construction interval.     Advance time to activate.     

If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well 40 years.     Started in year 0001.     

Other Information: I was playing 1.   9.   0 when this occurred.    Updated to 1.   9.   3 and still getting the error.    I am also getting a couple of errors related to ground combat, including a divide by zero error which seems to stop me from getting any more combat reports.     I'll make a new post with that info as soon as I recreate it.     

Fixed - thanks for DB

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #248 on: May 03, 2020, 08:31:38 AM »
Resupply ships defaults back to "No auto resupply" on restarting a game.
Saving it self doesn't change anything, but closing and reopen the game resets the status.
I assume the setting isn't actually saved.

Example DB same as http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11173.msg130296#msg130296
All supply ships (FSV Sainte-Vaubourg) in Survey Fleets 1 - 4 where set to "Resupply own Fleet" when DB was uploaded.

Btw, could Tankers/Supply ships maybe start with "Resupply own fleet" as default?
Maybe just me, but 90% of the time it's what I want them to do.
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #249 on: May 03, 2020, 08:32:42 AM »
Minor Bug

In Naval Organisation Window, Rabble fleet selected, micellaneous tab

There is button "SM: Move Fleet" Visible, but I do not have Space Master enabled

Fixed.

Can we leave a non-SM button to move a fleet if it is empty?

Otherwise we can't create placeholder fleets to be the target of orders (for example, for delivering tugged ships at new mining colonies).

Good point. I've changed it to require SM mode when the fleet is not empty.

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #250 on: May 03, 2020, 08:38:59 AM »
I encountered strange issue with my ground formation commander ranks. I tried to find if it was reported before, but no luck.

I have several templates that have different ranks of commanders set with Change Rank button (Ground Forces - Formation Templates window).

For example regiment have COL, division have MG and corps have LTG.

But in Commanders window all formation except one show lowest rank (MAJ) as set commander. So my large formation will get automatically assigned low officer as unit commander and higher ranking officers have no assignment.

TN start, real stars, decimal separator is dot.

Edit: I am using Terran Federation ranking system and I changed some abbreviations of higher ranks because they were the same as abbreviations of low ranks MAJ was both Major and Major General. I also deleted highest Ground Force Commander rank - that was set to Sky Marshal. Not sure if this could affect the problem.

Edit 2: I think I found reason for this, already existing units are not affected by later changes to set command rank. I made new units and they have correct command rank.

Thanks for edits. I've seen another report of formation rank not being set correctly but couldn't find it. Your Edit 2 is the likely explanation.

Offline simast

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • s
« Reply #251 on: May 03, 2020, 08:45:35 AM »
Ordnance Template screen in Naval Organization has "SM: Fill Ship" and "SM: Fill Class" buttons enabled, although I do not have space-master mode on.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #252 on: May 03, 2020, 08:55:08 AM »
Apologies if this has already been fixed.

Versions bug has been observed in: V1.93
The function number: N/A
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected: Class Design
What you were doing at the time: Building two freighter classes
A conventional start: Yes
A random stars game: No
Is the bug easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off: Easy to reproduce
A long campaign - say 75 years or longer:  No
The length of the campaign: 11 years
Notes: Attaching my .db because it is happening in my game
Notes: Concord class was made by clicking the "Copy Class" button on Lexington class

The bug: The "Build Time (yrs)" in the Class Design does not seem to calculate the actual build time.

Steps to reproduce:

• Open Class Design window
  • View Concord class and Lexington class freighter build times and note the difference in size

The Concord has a standard cargo hold and the Lexington has a large cargo hold, which is why the Lexington is more than 4x larger and takes longer to build. I copied the Concord using the Copy button and the Concord - Copy is identical to the Concord in both size and build time. I also copied the Lexington using the Copy button and the Lexington - Copy is identical to the Lexington in both size and build time.

Did you modify the Concord post-copy?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #253 on: May 03, 2020, 09:05:50 AM »
Ordnance Template screen in Naval Organization has "SM: Fill Ship" and "SM: Fill Class" buttons enabled, although I do not have space-master mode on.

Fixed.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #254 on: May 03, 2020, 09:17:57 AM »
Locking thread. I am going to play my own campaign for an hour to check no new bugs, then post v1.9.4.