• Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: AMM's
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2020, 07:09:46 PM »
As a game mechanic, I love Aurora Missile settings but I need to agree that if we are really talking about it's unrealistic for a missile to travel a billion KMs.

I think Steve has realized that hence the new tracking bonus mechanic which makes the AMM salvos more effective and potentially you don't even need that many launchers given enough "notice".

Would be great to have something more similar to the SciFi narrative where combat is mostly close range (I don't know what close range is in Space KMs though). I think having a cap in the weapon range could really improve some of the combat mechanics. I Don't know how much would that be though to keep it engaging and balanced.

EDIT: I know a missile in the vacuum of space can do that (travel billion km) but we are talking combat here.

The missile tracking bonus only apply to beam weapons though so AMM is not more effective becasue of that.

In fact beam weapons have become way more powerful in C# where missile lost range and beam weapons have been more powerful as PD. This require larger and larger missile salvos to make ASM viable from an economical standpoint. I think this is a good change as missiles was and still is dominating in general but less so now.

oh I see, I haven't read the changelog properly then

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
Re: AMM's
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2020, 05:37:45 PM »
It seems that the engine changes have affected AMMs more than I thought.  Sorry about the noise before.  This will take some time to !science! properly.