New Players > The Academy

FAQ

<< < (2/7) > >>

swatter555:
A professional poker player/ game developer... interesting.

Darkone:
Q: Help! I'm using windows 7/vista and the game crashes on-
A: Windows 7 and (possibly vista? Not sure) Both need to have the game run as administrator, otherwise it probably will never start at all.

Q: I'm using Windows 7/vista and I keep getting permission errors when trying to extract patch files to the Aurora folder!
A: This has to do with security features. The easy FIX (not sloppy hack job ;P) is to right click /aurora , go to properties, go to "Security", browse to the one called "Users" and modify it to have all permissions.

- note, I've been playing around a bit with trying to see if you can manage permissions for yourself for the entire program files folder, but it won't let you from /Program Files, and I can't find any central permissions/security thing like in XP

Steve Walmsley:

--- Quote from: "Darkone" ---Q: Help! I'm using windows 7/vista and the game crashes on-
A: Windows 7 and (possibly vista? Not sure) Both need to have the game run as administrator, otherwise it probably will never start at all.

Q: I'm using Windows 7/vista and I keep getting permission errors when trying to extract patch files to the Aurora folder!
A: This has to do with security features. The easy FIX (not sloppy hack job ;P) is to right click /aurora , go to properties, go to "Security", browse to the one called "Users" and modify it to have all permissions.

- note, I've been playing around a bit with trying to see if you can manage permissions for yourself for the entire program files folder, but it won't let you from /Program Files, and I can't find any central permissions/security thing like in XP
--- End quote ---
Thanks, I'll add these to the first post

Steve

Father Tim:
Q: I just surveyed this planet/moon/asteroid, but nothing shows up.
Q: Why can't I see the minerals on all the bodies in the system?
Q: Why are there pages/systems/colonies missing from the Mineral Report screen?

A: Very few system bodies will have Trans-Newtonian Elements on them - less than one in twenty.  If there are no minerals, the survey/report/window will be blank for that body (well, unless there are alien ruins, which are one-in-a-thousand rare).

gofight:
Are nuclear weapons considered as dangerous weapons?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version