Author Topic: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 70671 times)

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
Re: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #420 on: January 30, 2021, 04:30:47 PM »
Not entirely sure this is a bug but Troop Transport bays don't require Cargo Shuttle Bays to either load or unload troops.

I thought they should require this. I get that drop capable troops bays don't need it to drop the troop but they should need it retrieve the troops once on the ground. Ships can't land on planets so I suppose they should need to use Cargo Shuttle bays.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 07:31:47 PM by Jorgen_CAB »

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #421 on: January 30, 2021, 06:22:21 PM »
Not entirely sure this is a bug but Troop Transport bays don't require Cargo Shuttle Bays to either load or unload troops.

I thought they should require this. I get that drop capable troops bays don't need it to drop the troop but they need it retrieve the troops once on the ground. Ships can't land on planets so I suppose they should need to use Cargo Shuttle bays.

- Cargo Shuttle Stations work too, so double check that the population your loading from / to doesn't have one.

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #422 on: January 30, 2021, 07:18:39 PM »

I thought they should require this. I get that drop capable troops bays don't need it to drop the troop but they need it retrieve the troops once on the ground. Ships can't land on planets so I suppose they should need to use Cargo Shuttle bays.

- Cargo Shuttle Stations work too, so double check that the population your loading from / to doesn't have one.

No I have tested this.. ship with no "Cargo Shuttle Bay" both unloading and loading troops from a world that have nothing but a colony on it.

Offline Rince Wind

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #423 on: January 31, 2021, 05:40:18 AM »
You can load partial ship components.

That in itself might be intended, but you can still disassemble the partial components. It will say you have 0 in storage and when you disassemble them it will go negative. You still get the RP though.

I'll get the rest of the module to see if I'll have -1 in stockpile then.

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #424 on: January 31, 2021, 05:49:56 AM »
Auto-asssign Tech points seems to be broken... Tested several lvls up to 8 000 000 all starts with basic techs, seems to be using 2-300 000 tech points at most...

Is it using the correct amount of tech points for the default starting conditions(ranging from 80k RP at 500m pop to 200k RP at 1250m+ pop)? If so, it is probably WAI, the game is not configured to deal with e.g. 8 million RPs as the assignment of tech points will use an NPR design script which is very much hard-coded and not adaptable to extreme starting conditions.

Did not know that, it seems to bee locked at most 400 000 RPs. So its probably works as intended.
Tried to make a Solar Union some 500 years into the future and wanted 1.5 million in RPs.
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline Second Foundationer

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #425 on: January 31, 2021, 07:16:12 AM »

A fleet with too many reaction bonuses stacked is completely unable to move and is even unable to perform tasks such as activating shields at their current location (when given as a move command and not though the combat menu)

In the DB attached the affected fleet was the "Carrier Group - 13th Star Lords". Their fleet commander is "Thierry Arene" (ID 111292) who had a reaction bonus of 35%. Reducing this bonus to 10% through DB magic made the fleet start moving again. So if you want to reproduce revert my workaround.

Also useful to note is my admin command structure that this fleet falls under:
GEN - 35% Reaction bonus
   GEN - 35% Reaction bonus
      NAV - 25% Reaction bonus
         NAV - 50% Reaction bonus
            NAV - 35% Reaction bonus
               Affected fleet - 35% Reaction bonus (fleet CO)
                  DD HNS Porpoise - 50% Reaction bonus (Captain, highest in the fleet, haven't checked the fighters though)

(Through a facepalm) I encountered this a while ago, and couldn't figure it out. I didn't think of the stacked bonuses and continued to suspect it was something about the about the command ship design, so, on top of our two command cruisers, we developed several variants of "Funny Customer" class command ships which all showed the same behaviour. Except when they didn't ???. Eventually, I gave up looking for any reasonable reportable pattern and simply fired all fleet commanders permanently.

Thanks for enlightening me at last.

(I could provide another db if needed. But it seems to me Droll's already has the bug in the crosshairs. And I don't want to risk breaking this thread with another misfiring attachment.)

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #426 on: January 31, 2021, 08:22:16 AM »

A fleet with too many reaction bonuses stacked is completely unable to move and is even unable to perform tasks such as activating shields at their current location (when given as a move command and not though the combat menu)

In the DB attached the affected fleet was the "Carrier Group - 13th Star Lords". Their fleet commander is "Thierry Arene" (ID 111292) who had a reaction bonus of 35%. Reducing this bonus to 10% through DB magic made the fleet start moving again. So if you want to reproduce revert my workaround.

Also useful to note is my admin command structure that this fleet falls under:
GEN - 35% Reaction bonus
   GEN - 35% Reaction bonus
      NAV - 25% Reaction bonus
         NAV - 50% Reaction bonus
            NAV - 35% Reaction bonus
               Affected fleet - 35% Reaction bonus (fleet CO)
                  DD HNS Porpoise - 50% Reaction bonus (Captain, highest in the fleet, haven't checked the fighters though)

(Through a facepalm) I encountered this a while ago, and couldn't figure it out. I didn't think of the stacked bonuses and continued to suspect it was something about the about the command ship design, so, on top of our two command cruisers, we developed several variants of "Funny Customer" class command ships which all showed the same behaviour. Except when they didn't ???. Eventually, I gave up looking for any reasonable reportable pattern and simply fired all fleet commanders permanently.

Thanks for enlightening me at last.

(I could provide another db if needed. But it seems to me Droll's already has the bug in the crosshairs. And I don't want to risk breaking this thread with another misfiring attachment.)

Yeah, I can confirm this was a thing in 1.11. It's definitely reaction related.

Offline Rince Wind

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #427 on: January 31, 2021, 04:04:16 PM »
You can load partial ship components.

That in itself might be intended, but you can still disassemble the partial components. It will say you have 0 in storage and when you disassemble them it will go negative. You still get the RP though.

I'll get the rest of the module to see if I'll have -1 in stockpile then.

I had indeed -1 jump stabilizations modules after completing the module. Scrapping it gave me negative 420 wealth/minerals.

Offline wqcoleman

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • w
« Reply #428 on: February 01, 2021, 12:37:39 AM »
Game reverts to 6 hour or 2 hour increments for play on 5 and 30 day respectively.   There is nothing in the DB that suggests NPC warfare is happening nor any activities that would warrant the slow down in pulse length.   I've attached the db to this thread, as it will show what I'm experiencing.   I saw other forum posts that were experiencing similar problems, one appeared to resolve itself and the other went on for a year with no resolution.   It's unclear how to fix this outside of just iterating time and hoping it resolves itself, but I didn't see anything in the db that would warrant this change in pulse.

Offline TheBawkHawk

• T
« Reply #429 on: February 01, 2021, 09:48:31 AM »
Game reverts to 6 hour or 2 hour increments for play on 5 and 30 day respectively.   There is nothing in the DB that suggests NPC warfare is happening nor any activities that would warrant the slow down in pulse length.   I've attached the db to this thread, as it will show what I'm experiencing.   I saw other forum posts that were experiencing similar problems, one appeared to resolve itself and the other went on for a year with no resolution.   It's unclear how to fix this outside of just iterating time and hoping it resolves itself, but I didn't see anything in the db that would warrant this change in pulse.

The only thing that might be the cause is the fleets trying and failing to refuel from a colony/hub. Other than that, I can't see anything else that would cause the turn interrupts.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #430 on: February 01, 2021, 10:30:29 AM »

Usually when I see this happen it is because a NPR ship is jumping back and forth every increment for some reason. Usually if you can find this from the game log it is possible to just move the fleet coordinates and let the AI figure out how to solve that problem.

Offline wqcoleman

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • w
« Reply #431 on: February 01, 2021, 11:49:54 AM »
Usually when I see this happen it is because a NPR ship is jumping back and forth every increment for some reason.   Usually if you can find this from the game log it is possible to just move the fleet coordinates and let the AI figure out how to solve that problem. 

I've looked everywhere in the db and to find the offending ship is a bit of a challenge.  .   Some are reporting that they cannot refuel, but I have no idea if this is the problem.    This happened all of a sudden, and was not an issue at all in the game.    It seemed to happen right after I set a bunch of ships to overhaul and then it stopped iterating normally, but this is a bit misleading, since many ships came out of overhaul before this started happening consistently.   I tried deleting those ships, and that didn't work.   Also, checked all the fire controls, nothing, targets, nothing.   Oddly, when a ship comes out of overhaul, their shields are active, vs.  when they started overhaul with no shields active
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 11:53:39 AM by wqcoleman »

Offline unkfester

• Silver Supporter
  • Discord Username: unkfester
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #432 on: February 02, 2021, 01:19:06 AM »

Usually when I see this happen it is because a NPR ship is jumping back and forth every increment for some reason. Usually if you can find this from the game log it is possible to just move the fleet coordinates and let the AI figure out how to solve that problem.
I got same problem,  how do you look at Game log? (Can you explain in newbi terms)

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #433 on: February 02, 2021, 01:46:56 AM »

I got same problem,  how do you look at Game log? (Can you explain in newbi terms)

You have to use an application to open the database (DB browser for SQLite) and start by locking in the FCT_GameLog table. This table will list both player and NPR logs... from there you can usually see if there is some sort of issue and which ships are having them. You should then be able to track down which fleet or fleets are having a problem and just change the coordinates of those fleets and it should fix itself.

The following users thanked this post: unkfester

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #434 on: February 02, 2021, 02:45:42 PM »
I have naval officer with Xenoarchaeology skill, that should not be possible, right?