Author Topic: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 70656 times)

Offline Xanithas

• Chief Petty Officer
  • X
Re: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #435 on: February 03, 2021, 02:07:19 PM »
Looks like I stumbled on a small bug.   In my current campaign I have awards that I created that the criteria was met for (researched a tech, generate 10k RP) and they are not being awarded automatically.   I can still award these manually.   I have also tried to remove the ones I made and remake them but no luck. 
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 02:08:55 PM by Xanithas »

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #436 on: February 03, 2021, 02:14:33 PM »
Looks like I stumbled on a small bug.   In my current campaign I have awards that I created that the criteria was met for (researched a tech, generate 10k RP) and they are not being awarded automatically.   I can still award these manually.   I have also tried to remove the ones I made and remake them but no luck.

Were there officers that fulfilled the criteria before the medals were made? Are those the only officers that do not get medals? If you answer yes to both those questions then it's WAI.
Generally speaking it's recommended that you create medals at the start of a campaign so that this doesn't happen.

If you answer no to both of those then there is a bug.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #437 on: February 03, 2021, 02:49:15 PM »

Were there officers that fulfilled the criteria before the medals were made? Are those the only officers that do not get medals? If you answer yes to both those questions then it's WAI.
Generally speaking it's recommended that you create medals at the start of a campaign so that this doesn't happen.

If you answer no to both of those then there is a bug.

In addition to this and avoid a possible extra post, the medals currently work on a OR base and not AND. Meaning the medal you have created will be awarded if the officer will research a tech "or" generate 10k RP. So if you wanted to create one that would be awarded for an officer that will research a tech "and" generate 10k RP is currently not possible.

Offline LiquidGold2

• Petty Officer
  • L
« Reply #438 on: February 04, 2021, 12:58:07 AM »
Civil shipping is delivering too many of a requested item to a colony.  This isn't a big deal when moving infrastructure by the thousand and a few hundred extra show up, but it's a problem when one mass driver is requested and six are delivered, starving out other requests for them.

Speaking of infrastructure, I dunno if this is strictly a bug, but I suspect it's not intended behavior: Colonies that start with pops only in orbital habs appear to either be still building their own infrastructure or demanding it on the civil market when the OHs reach capacity.  Either way, once the first ground-based infrastructure is down, the floodgates open for more to be requested and/or placed.  If left unchecked, this will cause the worker percents to shift towards the body's colony cost values, which can ruin (previously) OH colonies build around venetian or other high cost worlds.

Offline pwhk

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • p
« Reply #439 on: February 04, 2021, 06:17:50 AM »
NPR Surrendered ships still firing AMMs despite no more valid targets. (AMM then promptly self destruct themselves).

Offline Kylemmie

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • K
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #440 on: February 04, 2021, 10:52:27 AM »
NPR Surrendered ships still firing AMMs despite no more valid targets. (AMM then promptly self destruct themselves).

Interesting. Makes sense to ask if this is a bug. Even if it is a bug, I'd be curious if this wasn't actually proper behavior on accident. Spiking your guns when you surrender is a long standing procedure. Firing off 1000's of valuable missile to self-detonate in a non-threating manner seems like a smart move to deny your enemy free munitions.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #441 on: February 06, 2021, 01:04:42 PM »
System Generation and Display - Window:

When you want to rename the system via the "Select Name" button and close that new "Select Name"-Window via the X at the top of the window all names of all planets and bodies are erased.

The following users thanked this post: nuclearslurpee

Offline Warer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #442 on: February 07, 2021, 01:27:25 PM »
STO Point defense checkbox not working, only changes range not tracking speed. Maxtech game, ~6years in TN start I think. Improved and Advanced Cargo Shuttles not appearing component screens (for construction and design)
maybe I just obsoleted them on accident

The Cargo Shuttle Bay component is the advanced Cargo shuttle bay. my bad
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 01:51:32 PM by Warer »

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #443 on: February 07, 2021, 07:46:22 PM »
STO Point defense checkbox not working, only changes range not tracking speed. Maxtech game, ~6years in TN start I think. Improved and Advanced Cargo Shuttles not appearing component screens (for construction and design)

The STO point defence checkbox works fine, however in order to use a tracking speed greater than your racial tracking speed you must place the weapon in a turret. This is the same as for ships except that a STO has zero speed and thus uses racial tracking instead of ship speed. Just confirmed this in-game, it's WAI.

The following users thanked this post: Warer

Offline Warer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #444 on: February 07, 2021, 08:09:10 PM »

The STO point defence checkbox works fine, however in order to use a tracking speed greater than your racial tracking speed you must place the weapon in a turret. This is the same as for ships except that a STO has zero speed and thus uses racial tracking instead of ship speed. Just confirmed this in-game, it's WAI.
Thank you for clearing up my incompetence.

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #445 on: February 07, 2021, 09:13:36 PM »
I don't know if it's right to put this here, but it's not really a good fit for the suggestion thread either.  Right now, the AI uses huge numbers waypoints to move its fleets around, and never cleans them up after using them.  Tens of thousands of them pile up.  I think this probably negatively effects performance.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #446 on: February 07, 2021, 10:50:16 PM »
I don't know if it's right to put this here, but it's not really a good fit for the suggestion thread either.  Right now, the AI uses huge numbers waypoints to move its fleets around, and never cleans them up after using them.  Tens of thousands of them pile up.  I think this probably negatively effects performance.

I think Steve mentioned in another thread that these were supposed to be getting deleted after ~3 months but were not, so he fixed for 1.13, however I'm not certain and it may have been something related to the game logs instead.

The following users thanked this post: Warer

Offline Wieseltrupp

• Chief Petty Officer
  • W
« Reply #447 on: February 08, 2021, 04:23:13 PM »
Hello
I set up my automated grav- and geo survey vessels like this:

Primary Standind Order: Survey Next Three System Locations (for GravSurvey) / Survey Next Thirty System Bodies (for GeoSurvey)
Secondary Standing Order: Move to System Requring Gravsurvey (for GravSurvey) / Move to System Requiring Geosurvey (for GeoSurvey)
Primary Condition: Deployment Exceeded
Primary Conditional Order: Refuel, Resupply and Overhaul at Colony
Secondary Condition: Fuel less than 20%
Secondary Conditional Order: Refuel from Colony or Hub(all)

the problem:
when the ship returns via its primary conditional order to earth (the only colony with polulation or facilitys at this moment) the ship will overhaul, but it wont refuel nor will it resupply
on the trip back it will only have the overhaul command in its movement order list, not the refuel and resupply order.
Earth currently has plenty of Fuel and Supplies. The planet also has its starting Spacepoprt and Refueling Station.

The function number
-there is no error message or function number involved
The complete error text
-see above
The window affected
-fleet window
What you were doing at the time
-using automated survey vessels
Conventional or TN start
-tn, Stabilized Jumppoints, no civilian harvesters
Random or Real Stars
-random
Is your decimal separator a comma?
-decimal
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?
-it isnt. i tried reproducing it but on my test game the ships behaved like they should, they returned, refueld and resupplied and then they overhauled, returning to their survey duty afterwards just as intended.
If this is a long campaign
-the campaign is 13 years old

Offline Kiero

• Bronze Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • In space no one can hear you scream.
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #448 on: February 09, 2021, 03:33:05 AM »
Researched "Cloaking modules" are not showing in the "View Technology" window.

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #449 on: February 10, 2021, 11:40:02 AM »
when the ship returns via its primary conditional order to earth (the only colony with polulation or facilitys at this moment) the ship will overhaul, but it wont refuel nor will it resupply
on the trip back it will only have the overhaul command in its movement order list, not the refuel and resupply order.

This has already been reported a bunch of times, and I'm fairly certain it's been fixed for 1.13 (you can search the forum to find out for sure).

The following users thanked this post: Wieseltrupp