Author Topic: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 73171 times)

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
Re: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2020, 04:00:58 AM »
Has anyone else noticed that the mass driver column on the mining tab only ever reports negative numbers? It reports minerals leaving my mining colonies, but not any that arrive at Earth. I know the minerals are arriving, of course. Similarly, the Stockpile Change column on the Empire Mining tab doesn't always report arriving minerals. For example, Earth has run out of Corundium, and I have an empire-wide stockpile of 601 tons. Last week it was 598 tons, so I know that some have arrived somewhere, but the Stockpile Change column reports 0 tons. If three tons were mined at a colony and immediately shipped out via mass driver, but the 3 tons that arrived on Earth that week weren't counted, then that would explain the discrepancy. It would count +3-3+0=0 instead of +3-3+3=3.

v1.12, decimal separator is a period, no error messages, game of any length.

I'm playing with half minerals on Earth. This is turning out to be pretty hard because only four bodies in the whole solar system had any Corundium, and two of them are moons of Minerva…

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #121 on: October 30, 2020, 12:22:08 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that the mass driver column on the mining tab only ever reports negative numbers? It reports minerals leaving my mining colonies, but not any that arrive at Earth. I know the minerals are arriving, of course. Similarly, the Stockpile Change column on the Empire Mining tab doesn't always report arriving minerals. For example, Earth has run out of Corundium, and I have an empire-wide stockpile of 601 tons. Last week it was 598 tons, so I know that some have arrived somewhere, but the Stockpile Change column reports 0 tons. If three tons were mined at a colony and immediately shipped out via mass driver, but the 3 tons that arrived on Earth that week weren't counted, then that would explain the discrepancy. It would count +3-3+0=0 instead of +3-3+3=3.

v1.12, decimal separator is a period, no error messages, game of any length.

I'm playing with half minerals on Earth. This is turning out to be pretty hard because only four bodies in the whole solar system had any Corundium, and two of them are moons of Minerva…
This is an ongoing thing and it was already in VB6 - the column will only report minerals that arrived during the latest sub-pulse. So most of the time, you will miss seeing it. In any case, it has been this way for a long time so it's safe to assume that it's working as intended.

Offline QuakeIV

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2020, 08:57:07 PM »
I have a save that is infinite 5 second sub pulses no matter what I do (including diddling with the sub pulse settings), however I used my event interrupt toggler mod, so the game is technically modded.  I'm just pretty sure the bug is unrelated to what my mod did.  Is there any point in posting the DB?

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2020, 10:27:20 PM »
I have a save that is infinite 5 second sub pulses no matter what I do (including diddling with the sub pulse settings), however I used my event interrupt toggler mod, so the game is technically modded.  I'm just pretty sure the bug is unrelated to what my mod did.  Is there any point in posting the DB?

That's almost always combat between NPRs. It'll end when the combat ends. How long does it take for your computer to process a 5s turn?

Offline QuakeIV

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2020, 10:31:09 PM »
About a tenth of a second.  I left it running in the background for two days and it hasn't ended yet.  I'm pretty sure its gotten through multiple (ingame) weeks of 5 seconds.

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #125 on: October 31, 2020, 12:36:14 AM »
About a tenth of a second.  I left it running in the background for two days and it hasn't ended yet.  I'm pretty sure its gotten through multiple (ingame) weeks of 5 seconds.

And you are absolutely sure that none of your fleets have their fire controls turned on?

Offline QuakeIV

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #126 on: October 31, 2020, 03:34:15 AM »

And you are absolutely sure that none of your fleets have their fire controls turned on?

OH MY GOD THAT WAS IT

I could have sworn, for the life of me, that that didn't apply to MFC, and also that there was a special interurpt message if it was your own fire controls holding things up.  Dear lord above, I've even had this exact issue before.

e: so yeah, false alarm, apologies
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 03:40:33 AM by QuakeIV »

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2020, 04:10:07 AM »

OH MY GOD THAT WAS IT

I could have sworn, for the life of me, that that didn't apply to MFC, and also that there was a special interurpt message if it was your own fire controls holding things up.  Dear lord above, I've even had this exact issue before.

e: so yeah, false alarm, apologies

It's happened to me as well. I think there really ought to be different messages for different causes.

The following users thanked this post: QuakeIV, Cosinus

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #128 on: October 31, 2020, 04:23:39 PM »
So under the misc. tab in the naval fleet menu if you have SM mode you can teleport fleets to either a colony or as of 1.12.0 a rendezvous point.

The problem is when you have a rendezvous point, instead of displaying the name of the waypoint it seems to be displaying the actual C# class name.

In vanilla aurora this seems to be "Je" which I believe is the obfuscated class name for waypoints (or something similar)
Using auroramod 1.12 this appears instead as "GClass190" (I presume this is the deobfuscated equivalent)

Someone should reproduce this and post a reply to confirm this. Just create any rendezvous waypoint with any name and try to use SM to teleport a fleet to it and see if it is called any of these.

I do not regard this as a cosmetic bug because without the player given names its impossible to tell different rendezvous waypoints apart in this menu.

SJW: The bug with weird names was reported before but I couldn't reproduce it. The above explains why. I am using non-obfuscated code. I've excluded waypoint names from obfuscation so should be fixed now.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 07:10:13 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #129 on: October 31, 2020, 11:57:17 PM »
I can now confirm ... having perused the database a lot, that any NPR creates its ships picking names in alphabetical order, systematically.

This might have been overlooked by Steve because I guess that 95% of the time, you don't keep 'use real ships names' in the Intelligence window, but you name them yourself. But, having checked the 15 (!!) initial NPRs I have created in my game (9 being Earth blocks, 6 being true aliens), then I confirm that every single one, for the 312 ships existing in the universe at Day 0 has been using their list in AB order.

1.12.1, systematical, reproducible.

Offline joshuawood

• Chief Petty Officer
  • j
Ticking "Point Defence Weapon" Doesn't increase tracking rate
« Reply #130 on: November 01, 2020, 01:00:46 PM »
Ticking the box on the ground unit design screen for STO weapons doesn't increase the tracking speed but it does Decrease Range, no idea if visual bug or Functional one as i haven't had my STO's shot at yet but i have confirmed it in 3 games so far.

Here are 2 screenshots for example:
https://i.imgur.com/ZCLvEGq.png
https://i.imgur.com/KTLFi3f.png

SJW: Gauss weapons cannot be in turrets so they are unable to use the tracking speed multiples.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 07:13:10 AM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: Warer

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #131 on: November 01, 2020, 03:41:06 PM »
Disassembling alien parts at a second colony does not yield research points

I have found two ruins of the same TL2 civilization.  I unearthed one set of three ECM-1 components from each location.  I waited until I had completed researching EW before disassembly to maximize their effect.  I disassembled one set at Earth then advanced time and confirmed that the tech points shown in the event log were properly subtracted from ECM-1 tech.  However after disassembling the second set at a colony I again advanced time and saw the tech points in the event log but they were not subtracted from the required research total.  Reversing the order of disassembly yielded the same effect - points from the second set were ignored, even if I advanced time for 5 days before the second disassembly.

Further, disassembling one on earth for 200 points then all three on Levinor for 400 points only gave the first 200 point reduction.  I could then disassemble another at earth which was properly reduced.  So it looks like you can only get research credit for disassembly from one colony. 

In case it matters - the components on Earth were dug up on Mars, but the martian ruins were from the same TL-2 civ as Levinor.  When I geo-surveyed the planet the ruins were already translated, they did not require xeno-survey.

to reproduce:  disassemble one or more ECM-1 components on Earth, advance time 5 seconds to see the result.  Then do the same with ECM-1 components on Levinor-A III.  Or do it on Levinor first, then Earth.

TN start, 11 years in, non-real starts, period decimal separator.

edit: I'm unable to save an attachment.  Here's a google drive link to the db:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FY0wfYNqwLN48CVTLYEF2o0UXxA1qJRF/view?usp=sharing

Not a bug, this is working as intended. Because a research project can only be worked on at a single colony, research points from disassembling components can also only be gained at a single colony. -Garfunkel
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 05:18:38 PM by Garfunkel »

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #132 on: November 01, 2020, 04:09:45 PM »
The time to load cargo is dependent upon the remaining cargo capacity of the cargo ship, not on the amount loaded

Previously reported in 1.11 

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11565.msg136403#msg136403

This can be confirmed using minerals or ship components using the save I uploaded on my disassembly bug report above. 

SJW: This is working as intended. Its always been this way, because the amount available to load may change after the time to load is calculated (on arrival), so the solution was to have a fixed time equal to full load.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 07:14:43 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #133 on: November 01, 2020, 05:33:58 PM »
Survey of 1 Jump Point Location ended up with the discovery of 2 Jump Points

Native Period

DB attached.

EDIT: It doesn't let me attach the database, here is the link for direct download: https://gofile.io/d/vV8dgR

SJW: That is working as intended. A survey location reveals all jump points within its section of the system.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 07:15:54 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #134 on: November 01, 2020, 07:17:51 PM »
Load ship components does not respect the maximum # of items.

@Garfunkel:  re: disassembling components.  research progress limited to one colony is how I remembered it from VB6, but not how it has worked for me in C#.  I've tested cancelling a research project at one colony and then starting it at another, and the research point count continues to decrement properly.  You can't have a project running at two colonies at the same time but you can move the project between colonies whenever you wish by cancelling and restarting. 

I did more testing, and disassembly seems to be able to create the project if it does not exist, but does not seem to be able to move an existing project to the colony.  So if I disassembled components on Luna then did a disassembly on Earth I'd lose any points from the Earth disassembly.  However after assigning a research lab on Earth and advancing time 5 days Earth took over the project, and I could then disassemble on Earth but not on Luna.  Assigning a lab and advancing time moved the project to Earth.

Cancelling that project and assigning a lab at Mars then advancing time 5 days allowed me to disassemble at Mars. 

So research gains from disassembly cannot move a project to a new colony the way research gains from a lab can - but I don't know if that limitation is intended.