Author Topic: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 92789 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2021, 09:19:39 AM »
I can't really play it either. The blue color kills me  :'(

- A friendly reminder that Steve is colorblind. :)

Wait for real? That does I suppose explain much of the issues that people have. I imagine its quite comfortable for him.

To be honest, I forget about that as it doesn't affect daily life. I can see normal colours, but I struggle with shades. There is a book test with lots of dots in a circle and a number that is in different shades. I can do the first one and then I can't see any of the other numbers. I found out when I applied to join the RAF at 18 :)

The following users thanked this post: Droll

Offline Bubbaisagod

• Petty Officer
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2021, 11:14:18 AM »
The function number: n/a
The complete error text: n/a
The window affected: Economics ==> Shipyard
What you were doing at the time: n/a
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Random
Is your decimal separator a comma?: No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Easy
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: 16Y

I don't know if it's wai or a bug but obsolete ship designs stay available until retooling of the shipyard.

If you obsolete a ship design but do not retool your shipyard to the revised design, you can keep building the old design.
In my case a tug 50kt without a tractor beam and the new tug 51kt with tractor beam and some extra fuel.
Both can be build from the same shipyard. I obsoleted the first tug but that did not change the build options in the shipyard.
Only after retooling did the build option go away.

SJW: That is working as intended
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 12:21:08 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2021, 11:23:48 AM »
The function number: n/a
The complete error text: n/a
The window affected: Economics ==> Shipyard
What you were doing at the time: n/a
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Random
Is your decimal separator a comma?: No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Easy
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: 16Y

I don't know if it's wai or a bug but obsolete ship designs stay available until retooling of the shipyard.

If you obsolete a ship design but do not retool your shipyard to the revised design, you can keep building the old design.
In my case a tug 50kt without a tractor beam and the new tug 51kt with tractor beam and some extra fuel.
Both can be build from the same shipyard. I obsoleted the first tug but that did not change the build options in the shipyard.
Only after retooling did the build option go away.

I believe that is WAI.
Obsoleting a design has no mechanical effect, it just declutters the ship design list.

Offline Bremen

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2021, 12:35:24 PM »

Wait for real? That does I suppose explain much of the issues that people have. I imagine its quite comfortable for him.

To be honest, I forget about that as it doesn't affect daily life. I can see normal colours, but I struggle with shades. There is a book test with lots of dots in a circle and a number that is in different shades. I can do the first one and then I can't see any of the other numbers. I found out when I applied to join the RAF at 18 :)

Just to add in, I think someone else has something to it also being a monitor/graphics card issue; I'm not color blind and to me it's nicely distinct white/light green text on a dark blue background, even in screenshots, so it's always kind of weirded me out why some people say it's unreadable (and, truth be told, I admit I kind of wondered if it was just being used as a justification for 3rd party versions). If it really does show up as white text on bright blue background on some computers that would make more sense, and it would even fit with the screenshots - if it's not the game itself working differently, the screenshots themselves might look different on different computers.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2021, 12:46:04 PM »
In the class design screen, on "Race Components", when a component is selected opening and closing a category (ex. Engine) will add that component to the ship.

I can't reproduce this one - anyone else have a similar problem?
I was able to reproduce - select a component in one category (e.g. Fuel Storage - Small), then open and close a different category (e.g. Crew Quarters), and the selected component will get added.  The category-clicking needs to be on the +/- icon in the tree, and the clicking needs to be fairly quick - a double-click, as it were.

Continuing, if you switch to the "Class Components" tab and do the same process, the component will be removed from the ship.  The crew/armor recalculation/refresh will deselect the component in between each removal.  You can switch to "Wide View" to view both the Race and Class Components simultaneously, but it doesn't work cross-panel - Race component + Race category, or Class + Class, not Race + Class.

Reproduced now thanks - a very specific bug. This happens because the double-click event is associated with the treeview control and uses the currently selected node as the target. It can only happen by double-clicking on the +/- icon while another node is selected, which is a very unusual thing to do (as this is the first time this has been reported). I could do some checking around location of mouse when the double-click happens, but that could lead to other bugs. Given the rarity and minimal impact, I think this is one I am going to live with :)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2021, 12:47:44 PM »

Just to add in, I think someone else has something to it also being a monitor/graphics card issue; I'm not color blind and to me it's nicely distinct white/light green text on a dark blue background, even in screenshots, so it's always kind of weirded me out why some people say it's unreadable (and, truth be told, I admit I kind of wondered if it was just being used as a justification for 3rd party versions). If it really does show up as white text on bright blue background on some computers that would make more sense, and it would even fit with the screenshots - if it's not the game itself working differently, the screenshots themselves might look different on different computers.

That is a good point. The blue is noticeably different on the two different monitors I use (and that from someone who is colour blind).

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2021, 01:31:28 PM »
In the class design screen, on "Race Components", when a component is selected opening and closing a category (ex. Engine) will add that component to the ship.

I can't reproduce this one - anyone else have a similar problem?
I was able to reproduce - select a component in one category (e.g. Fuel Storage - Small), then open and close a different category (e.g. Crew Quarters), and the selected component will get added.  The category-clicking needs to be on the +/- icon in the tree, and the clicking needs to be fairly quick - a double-click, as it were.

Continuing, if you switch to the "Class Components" tab and do the same process, the component will be removed from the ship.  The crew/armor recalculation/refresh will deselect the component in between each removal.  You can switch to "Wide View" to view both the Race and Class Components simultaneously, but it doesn't work cross-panel - Race component + Race category, or Class + Class, not Race + Class.

Reproduced now thanks - a very specific bug. This happens because the double-click event is associated with the treeview control and uses the currently selected node as the target. It can only happen by double-clicking on the +/- icon while another node is selected, which is a very unusual thing to do (as this is the first time this has been reported). I could do some checking around location of mouse when the double-click happens, but that could lead to other bugs. Given the rarity and minimal impact, I think this is one I am going to live with :)

I'm getting the same behavior of added modules if I double click anywhere in the list while a component is selected. Just anywhere to the right of the components in empty space will do. Happens to me frequently that I add/remove something I didn't want when I misclick.

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2021, 11:13:04 PM »
Ground Support Fighters

Fleets with this order that are at their target population cannot be targeted in normal naval combat or by STO weapons.

Search and Destroy involves sending fighters to a planet with enemy ground forces (with or without friendly forces present) to attack targets of opportunity. This is similar to a ground support mission with the following differences:
The fighters do not need to be assigned to a friendly ground formation and do not require fire direction
The fighters will select any hostile formation, regardless of field position
The chance to hit is 33% of normal
Hostile AA will fire as if this is a ground support mission directed against the selected formation

From these two posts I would assume search and destroy fighters could not be targeted / shot at by regular fleets but my search and destroy fighters were destroyed by an invader's ship while attacking a Rakha planet.

Is this a bug? Or are search and destroy fighters open to be hit by ship weapons?

Also same with flak suppression.

SJW: That is a bug. I've removed fighters on above missions from potential targets list on Naval Org window and also from AI fire decision code.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 05:37:03 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2021, 01:39:38 AM »
Spacestations built with alien tech do not seem to either check you have any/enough of that alien tech to build them, or to decrease the amount you have available in stock.

To reproduce, acquire something you haven't researched from a ruin and add it to a spacestation design (I tested with Terraforming Modules).  You can then build as many spacestations as you want without using up your component stock, even if you scrap all of the components.

SJW: Fixed for v.1.14. Also fixed for prototype components.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 05:26:21 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Density

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • D
« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2021, 04:02:28 AM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=12522. msg150834#msg150834 date=1619705769
Quote from: Desdinova link=topic=12522. msg150770#msg150770 date=1619556479
There's a bug with the reduced shot railguns.  The component design shows a reduced power requirement for reduced shot weapons, but in the ship design screen, it appears they require the same amount of power as a full-size railgun.  For example, a single shot C3 10cm railgun requires . 75 power per the component design screen, but according to the ship design screen it requires 3 power.

Seems to be working fine on the ship design for me.  Could you post a screenshot of the problem?

Long time lurker, first time poster.

If it's a C3, then I believe this is WAI.  That is, AFAIK the ship design screen checks the capacitor of the weapon, not the power it needs.  Which is great when you have a weapon that needs more power than your best capacitor rate; not so much when you forget to scale back the capacitor when designing a smaller weapon.
So that screen will check for three power on a C3 single-shot 10cm railgun, but only checks for 1 power on a C1 single-shot.  (Of course, I keep looking for and not finding a C0. 75 option when designing these. )

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2021, 04:46:15 AM »
The 0.75 capacitor recharge, or other odd small numbers, happens when you select reduced size lasers/railguns.

edit: screenshot of component design screen. Imagine the guy just confused the power requirement as shown and the capacitor which, as you say, seems to determine the real maximum power draw.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 04:59:26 AM by Zap0 »

Offline Density

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • D
« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2021, 05:10:23 AM »
Quote from: Zap0 link=topic=12522. msg150878#msg150878 date=1619775975
The 0. 75 capacitor recharge, or other odd small numbers, happens when you select reduced size lasers/railguns.

No, 0. 75 is the power requirement, not the capacitor.  I meant I wish there was a C0. 75 option to put on a weapon with a 0. 75 power requirement, but the minimum seems to be C1.

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2021, 07:55:19 AM »
Long time lurker, first time poster.

Welcome, and thanks for jumping in.  :)

The following users thanked this post: Density

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2021, 11:50:18 AM »
Admin Command Bonuses for Fleet Training do not stack.

It appears that Training NACs do not benefit from ancestor bonuses like other NACs do.

I have a stack of five Training NACs, commanded by officers of appropriate rank (VADM, RADM, RADL, CAPT, CDR).

I placed a brand new fighter (with no commander) under the lowest NAC (CDR), whose leader has a Crew Training rating of 150.
After 37 days, the fleet training bonus of the ship was 4%.

I then placed another brand new fighter (with no commander) under the highest NAC (VADM), whose leader has a Crew Training rating of 275.
If the NACs are benefiting from parent bonuses, then this fighter should get less fleet training in 37 days than the first fighter, because this one is missing out on four levels of hierarchy.
Instead, after 37 days, the fleet training bonus of this ship was 6%.

SJW: Fixed for v1.14. See this post: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=12523.msg151011#msg151011
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 07:37:49 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2021, 12:37:39 PM »
There is no event log message when your Xenosurvey Crew unearths special fun things. They just appear and start shooting. It would be nice if there were a short, flavor game log message describing what happened.