Author Topic: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 92786 times)

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #105 on: May 01, 2021, 11:17:15 AM »
A user on the discord playing a very small galaxy of 25 stars found a natural jump point that led to the same system it was in.

I don't think that's a bug.   I have had that happen a number of times (including my recent 1.12 game) but its fairly rare and occasionally tactically useful as happened in an old VB game.

In my latest game the only effect was to shorten some distances within the system like LPs do
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 11:24:31 AM by ZimRathbone »
Slàinte,

Mike

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2021, 11:23:58 AM »
Potential bug 2; I set minimum number of comets per system as 10. However a number of systems appear cometless. This may be working as intended.

Not WAI according to the tooltip, thus is a bug.

Potential bug 3; In setup I changed local system generation spread from 15 to 7 or 8 (tried both). I found that warp points were very sparse. that 7 local system generation spread game ran out of warp points at 15-20 systems (game deleted). The 8 local system generation spread found a maximum of 2 systems with 3 warp points the rest had 1 or 2 warp points for a total of 23 systems. With only 1 unexplored warp point left I changed local system generation spread to 15. I now have 55 systems explored with 10 systems having more than 2 warp points plus 6 systems not yet fully explored. However this may be working as intended.

Running out of JPs does happen occasionally, I remember a post where a player had I think 8 systems and ran out of new JPs. Usually the fix is to SM a few new JPs in frontier systems, and a workaround is to increase the minimum number of JPs in Sol to make such an event far less probable.

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2021, 11:44:39 AM »
Potential bug 2; I set minimum number of comets per system as 10. However a number of systems appear cometless. This may be working as intended.

Not WAI according to the tooltip, thus is a bug.

Potential bug 3; In setup I changed local system generation spread from 15 to 7 or 8 (tried both). I found that warp points were very sparse. that 7 local system generation spread game ran out of warp points at 15-20 systems (game deleted). The 8 local system generation spread found a maximum of 2 systems with 3 warp points the rest had 1 or 2 warp points for a total of 23 systems. With only 1 unexplored warp point left I changed local system generation spread to 15. I now have 55 systems explored with 10 systems having more than 2 warp points plus 6 systems not yet fully explored. However this may be working as intended.

Running out of JPs does happen occasionally, I remember a post where a player had I think 8 systems and ran out of new JPs. Usually the fix is to SM a few new JPs in frontier systems, and a workaround is to increase the minimum number of JPs in Sol to make such an event far less probable.

Potential bug 3; This error then has been present since VB6! When I first noticed it, but appears to have become worse.

Potential bug 2; I did it for the first game but then was doing it every time I wanted to explore. The second game was to see if it was repeatable and what effect changing the value to 15 would have.

SJW: #2 is Fixed. #3 WAI.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 09:16:54 AM by Steve Walmsley »
IanD

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2021, 03:24:02 PM »
Just to add to the obfuscation pile - On the "ancient constructs" tab on the economy/industry screen, the names of the research fields are obfuscated, showing up as:

a (this one I know is supposed to be power & propulsion)
b
c
d
e
f
g
h
i

SJW: Already raised and fixed earlier in the thread
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 09:15:12 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2021, 03:58:12 PM »
Also I noticed that the DB has an entry for a ground component called "Super-Heavy Bombardment", which lacks its associated technology - rendering it unusable without DB editing to add its tech.

SJW: Fixed for v1.14
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 12:16:21 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #110 on: May 01, 2021, 05:32:38 PM »
The button to turn on Active Sensors at the bottom of the Naval Organization window only appears when you select individual ships. There doesn't seem to be any "single click" button to turn on active sensors for the entire fleet, like there was in VB6. Instead, right now the workaround is to use movement orders (and juggle waypoints/point of interest) to turn on or off the entire fleet's active sensors.

SJW: Suggestion, not bug. I've added anyway, but in future please use suggestion thread.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 12:57:06 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #111 on: May 01, 2021, 11:21:51 PM »
I was conducting an orbital drop against the Rakhas. Some of the troop drop pod components got damaged by STO immediately prior to dropping, which may or may not be relevant.

Then, on each subsequent combat phase, I got a single "Function #1793: Attempted to divide by zero" error box every turn.

SJW: #1793 is the breakthrough code. Only way for this bug to happen would be a formation with no units managing a breakthrough. I've added code to handle that situation.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 01:00:04 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #112 on: May 02, 2021, 04:31:36 AM »
I was conducting an orbital drop against the Rakhas. Some of the troop drop pod components got damaged by STO immediately prior to dropping, which may or may not be relevant.

Then, on each subsequent combat phase, I got a single "Function #1793: Attempted to divide by zero" error box every turn.

I think it does that when a formation in the ground unit tree remains without any units and get cancelled. I remember seeing and noticing that every ground combat. It was unclear at the beginning but then I tested and I verified it. As far as I know, it does not cause any issue.

SJW: Yes, that is the issue. Fixed now.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 01:01:12 PM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: Ancalagon

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2021, 10:35:50 AM »
The function number; 1.13.0
The complete error text; n/a
The window affected; various
What you were doing at the time; Research
Conventional or TN start
Random or Real Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma?  decimal separator
Is the bug is easy to reproduce; intermittent or a one-off? Finding engine tech easy.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well; 48 years

I was researching engine tech and was OK up to Magneto-plasma Drive Technology cost 45,000 RP, I seemed to miss Inertial confinement fusion Drive Technology (40,000 RP) but to get to the  next engine tech I have to research Plasma-core anti-matter power plant RP 750,000. I have researched all power plant techs up to this one but no new engine tech. Is this WAI?

SJW: As noted later in thread, this is not a bug. However, I have modified engine tech naming to avoid confusion in future.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 02:29:24 PM by Steve Walmsley »
IanD

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2021, 10:38:04 AM »
"Exclude Surveyed" checkbox excludes ALL moons.

I have a system with 42 moons, all orbiting a single planet.
In the System Generation and Display window, I can see that 14 moons are not yet surveyed.

In Naval Organization -> Movement Orders, with a fleet in this system selected, and System Locations selected:
If "Exclude Surveyed" is unchecked, all 42 moons are listed.
If "Exclude Surveyed" is checked, zero moons are listed.

SJW: I think the parent planet for the unsurveyed moons was surveyed and that is what stopped them appearing. Fixed for v1.14.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 03:18:57 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2021, 10:47:20 AM »
Conventional or TN start
Random or Real Stars
Is the bug is easy to reproduce; intermittent or a one-off? Finding engine tech easy.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well; 48 years

I was researching engine tech and was OK up to Magneto-plasma Drive Technology cost 45,000 RP, I seemed to miss Inertial confinement fusion Drive Technology (40,000 RP) but to get to the  next engine tech I have to research Plasma-core anti-matter power plant RP 750,000. I have researched all power plant techs up to this one but no new engine tech. Is this WAI?

Definitely not WAI.
Cost of Inertial Confinement Fusion Reactor should be 90k.
Cost of Plasma-core is correct, but there are two more techs before this one, after Inertial Confinement:
Solid-core Anti-matter Power Plant (180k)
Gas-core Anti-matter Power Plant (375k)

Did you happen to get those for free somehow?

josh wood

One Jump Drive Per Ship
« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2021, 11:58:03 AM »
You are only allowed 1 Jump drive per ship

Since Military jump drives are a commercial component it would make sense that you would be able to make a Commercial ship capable of jumping military engines ships, right? This is currently not the case because you need a SECOND jump drive for the commercial ship, which isn't possible

The current situation Requires 2 ships:

Ship A has a Military jump drive capable of jumping your military ships
Ship B has a commercial jump drive capable of jumping your commercial ships

This provides another problem, A fleet requiring multiple jump drives for their multiple types of ships is not possible.  This means using commercial ships for military jump engines is an almost pointless feature without being able to add 2 drives to the same ship. 

SJW: This is WAI. See my reply later in thread.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 02:42:50 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2021, 12:59:15 PM »
Conventional or TN start
Random or Real Stars

Definitely not WAI.
Cost of Inertial Confinement Fusion Reactor should be 90k.
Cost of Plasma-core is correct, but there are two more techs before this one, after Inertial Confinement:
Solid-core Anti-matter Power Plant (180k)
Gas-core Anti-matter Power Plant (375k)

Did you happen to get those for free somehow?

No I researched all the previous power plants but didn't work out that Inertial confinement fusion Drive  followed Magneto-plasma Drive Technology, It cost less so I thought it must precede it - wrong!
IanD

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
Re: One Jump Drive Per Ship
« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2021, 01:00:21 PM »
You are only allowed 1 Jump drive per ship

Since Military jump drives are a commercial component it would make sense that you would be able to make a Commercial ship capable of jumping military engines ships, right? This is currently not the case because you need a SECOND jump drive for the commercial ship, which isn't possible

The current situation Requires 2 ships:

Ship A has a Military jump drive capable of jumping your military ships
Ship B has a commercial jump drive capable of jumping your commercial ships

This provides another problem, A fleet requiring multiple jump drives for their multiple types of ships is not possible.  This means using commercial ships for military jump engines is an almost pointless feature without being able to add 2 drives to the same ship.

Idk how it happened but when the post that I'm quoting got posted, the entire thread was renamed to "One Jump Drive Per Ship", which I'm pretty sure should not happen.
Edit: Quoting it also renamed the bug thread through this post.

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2021, 01:42:29 PM »
No I researched all the previous power plants but didn't work out that Inertial confinement fusion Drive  followed Magneto-plasma Drive Technology, It cost less so I thought it must precede it - wrong!

Perhaps you are confusing "Inertial" with "Internal"?

Internal Confinement Fusion Drive Technology costs 40k.
Inertial Confinement Fusion Drive Technology costs 150k.