Author Topic: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 92792 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: One Jump Drive Per Ship
« Reply #135 on: May 03, 2021, 02:42:21 PM »
You are only allowed 1 Jump drive per ship

Since Military jump drives are a commercial component it would make sense that you would be able to make a Commercial ship capable of jumping military engines ships, right? This is currently not the case because you need a SECOND jump drive for the commercial ship, which isn't possible

The current situation Requires 2 ships:

Ship A has a Military jump drive capable of jumping your military ships
Ship B has a commercial jump drive capable of jumping your commercial ships

This provides another problem, A fleet requiring multiple jump drives for their multiple types of ships is not possible.  This means using commercial ships for military jump engines is an almost pointless feature without being able to add 2 drives to the same ship.

Jump drives work on the matching engine type, not the matching ship category for maintenance purposes. A military jump drive can jump ships with military engines. A commercial jump drive can jump ships with commercial engines (even if they are military ships). Military jump drives are a commercial system to allow commercial ships to act as jump tenders.

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
Re: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #136 on: May 03, 2021, 03:23:18 PM »
There is no event log message when your Xenosurvey Crew unearths special fun things. They just appear and start shooting. It would be nice if there were a short, flavor game log message describing what happened.

C# doesn't have anything that appears from ruins and starts shooting.

Ah, I went back and looked at my archived save file from right before I thought they "awoke"... there were Precursor ground forces that I didn't detect, just chilling on a planet. No precursor ships in system.

The Precursor ground forces didn't attack my Geosurvey troops for months, but as soon as I landed my Xenosurvey troops and some colonial defense brigades, they instantly attacked. So I thought they were awoken robotic defenders.

And I will take care to put items that are more of suggestions in the right thread! Thank you Steve
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 03:37:20 PM by Ancalagon »

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #137 on: May 03, 2021, 03:32:23 PM »
When making custom systems through SM mode, moons do not seem to receive a placeholder name and instead have the name "No name". Unfortunately this means that when opening the system view for every such moon, function 3060 throws an "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". This same error is also thrown when the economy screen is opened for each colony on these "No name" bodies.

Also worth noting that I like to add empty spaces in front of important systems in order to game the alphabetic sorting.

Edit: I'm also getting one instance of function 1170 "The given key was not present in the dictionary" throwing whenever I first launch the game. (I had discovered some other systems, because of the previous error the bodies in these systems did not load in, but their entries in FCT_SystemBodies were still present, throwing the key error)

SJW: Cannot reproduce.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 09:00:41 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #138 on: May 03, 2021, 04:47:31 PM »
The Ancient construct tab on the economy screen shows both the field type and bonus of an unsurveyed Dormant Construct.

I'm fairly certain I'm not supposed to know that much about a construct before I've scanned and surveyed it.

SJW: Fixed for v1.14
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 09:19:22 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline whollaborg

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • w
« Reply #139 on: May 04, 2021, 02:59:22 AM »
Conventional start, real stars, decimal separator = period, Another New system Discovered

I received these errors on advancing time:
Function #2608: object reference not set
Function #222: object reference not set
Function #224: object reference not set
Function #2339: object reference not set

These 4 errors repeated around 16 to 20 times but I was eventually able to click through them. 

Database attached.   Noticed that exactly the same sequence has been reported in bugs thread 1.  9.  3. 

P. S.  on Saturday 15 january 2084 the game starts to callculate something and well, wont stop :(
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 03:17:46 AM by whollaborg »

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #140 on: May 04, 2021, 08:49:44 AM »
Double clicking on a "Mineral Shortage" event in the event log correctly opens the Economics window to the Industry tab, but it always selects the first colony, not the colony at which the event occurred.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 04:23:05 AM by Steve Walmsley »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #141 on: May 04, 2021, 08:59:57 AM »
When making custom systems through SM mode, moons do not seem to receive a placeholder name and instead have the name "No name". Unfortunately this means that when opening the system view for every such moon, function 3060 throws an "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". This same error is also thrown when the economy screen is opened for each colony on these "No name" bodies.

Also worth noting that I like to add empty spaces in front of important systems in order to game the alphabetic sorting.

Edit: I'm also getting one instance of function 1170 "The given key was not present in the dictionary" throwing whenever I first launch the game. (I had discovered some other systems, because of the previous error the bodies in these systems did not load in, but their entries in FCT_SystemBodies were still present, throwing the key error)

I can't reproduce this. Creating moons either individually or automatically still generates the placeholder names. I also tried adding a space to the system name first.

Does this happen for every system or only some? Could you also guide me though the exact steps you took.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #142 on: May 04, 2021, 09:27:15 AM »
Conventional start, real stars, decimal separator = period, Another New system Discovered

I received these errors on advancing time:
Function #2608: object reference not set
Function #222: object reference not set
Function #224: object reference not set
Function #2339: object reference not set

These 4 errors repeated around 16 to 20 times but I was eventually able to click through them. 

Database attached.   Noticed that exactly the same sequence has been reported in bugs thread 1.  9.  3. 

P. S.  on Saturday 15 january 2084 the game starts to callculate something and well, wont stop :(

It looks like an error in ground force creation, but I suspect not happening every time or there would be a lot more errors reported. I plan to start a new test campaign soon, so I will try to reproduce then. Thanks for DB attachment but my code has moved on now, so I am at the point where I can't load v1.13 games.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #143 on: May 04, 2021, 09:49:48 AM »

SJW: Cannot reproduce.

Follow up to this post, I think the problem happened because of a combination of me changing the Star systems name as well as the name of some system bodies which confused the game when naming moons. I've made more custom systems now without problems since I've been more careful with order in which I've been doing things.

Unfortunately I don't remember the exact order that I did. I just remember naming certain moons and their parent bodies (terrestrial), changed the name of the star a couple times and the next time I loaded the game all the moons were throwing the error and the 3 surrounding systems weren't loading.

The good news is that I have fixed the problem and rescued the save. I renamed every single moon (80+...) and then "fixed" the other 3 systems by just making them custom myself, being careful about the order of operations and have had no issues.

Something I forgot to mention that is actually important: I wasn't just renaming the stars, I actually changed their spectral class, and moved the secondary component (binary system) further away than it originally was, while it had bodies orbiting it. In addition, I deleted the Sol system once I had created the new one.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 01:31:18 PM by Droll »

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #144 on: May 04, 2021, 11:36:55 AM »
"Earth" and "Luna" reappear after they have been destroyed due to the disaster.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Let Earth be destroyed by the disaster (download attached save file, and skip time forward 30 days)
2) Save game
3) Close game
4) Reopen game, and zoom in on the sun to see Sol-A III and its moon suddenly in close orbit around the sun.
5) Sol III will be destroyed in a couple months again if you leave the disaster enabled. If you disable the disaster, Sol III will survive forever close to the sun.

The attached save file has not been modified in any way using database tools. It's a vanilla game db.

Offline Remilian

• Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #145 on: May 04, 2021, 12:54:55 PM »
SJW: Deleting a population that contains the top-level admin command will now result in that admin command moving to a new population.  A naval HQ will be created if no pops with existing HQs are available.
With the installation scrapping introduction, there is a potential for infinite dupe for wealth, boronide, mercassium and uridium (resources from scrapping Naval HQs) with intentional HQ moving and pop deletion, depending on how exactly these 2 features were implemented.
Might want to rethink the system a bit if this has not been accounted for already.

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #146 on: May 04, 2021, 01:04:26 PM »
SJW: Deleting a population that contains the top-level admin command will now result in that admin command moving to a new population.  A naval HQ will be created if no pops with existing HQs are available.
With the installation scrapping introduction, there is a potential for infinite dupe for wealth, boronide, mercassium and uridium (resources from scrapping Naval HQs) with intentional HQ moving and pop deletion, depending on how exactly these 2 features were implemented.
Might want to rethink the system a bit if this has not been accounted for already.

Seems like the easy fix is to tie this check (or a second parallel check) to the presence of a NHQ on the planet, that way you cannot scrap the NHQ installation but keep the admin command on the planet to trigger this feature in an exploity fashion.

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #147 on: May 04, 2021, 03:12:14 PM »

"Select on Map" doesn't recenter the map to the current fleet when you first check the checkbox. Instead, you have to click away to a different fleet, then back to the fleet you had selected.

Expected behavior would be to recenter the map immediately onto the currently selected fleet right when you check the "Select on Map" checkbox.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 03:26:30 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #148 on: May 04, 2021, 03:21:25 PM »

These two red-box time estimates should be the same number, but for some reason they are not. Please note that the move order is a "Follow at 1,000 mil km" order. (The task force has not yet reached its 1,000 mil km standoff point)

It looks like the map ETA is correctly taking into account the stand-off distance I've ordered, but the Travel Time in the fleet window is incorrectly calculating based on distance to the center of the body targeted.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 04:34:34 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #149 on: May 04, 2021, 04:42:02 PM »

These two red-box time estimates should be the same number, but for some reason they are not. Please note that the move order is a "Follow at 1,000 mil km" order. (The task force has not yet reached its 1,000 mil km standoff point)

It looks like the map ETA is correctly taking into account the stand-off distance I've ordered, but the Travel Time in the fleet window is incorrectly calculating based on distance to the center of the body targeted.

when I had these errors usually was because my Naval Screen was open and because while the Tactical map is refreshed real-time while the screens are not (you must close and reopen) that caused the issue. Have you tried that?

DISCLAIMER: My problem was during setting different speeds so it may not be related to yours.