Author Topic: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 92783 times)

Offline ChubbyPitbull

• Gold Supporter
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • C
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #390 on: May 31, 2021, 12:53:27 PM »
Just made a new post because I found an *actual* bug from the above situation.

So since the game log in the database won't tell me which ship was causing the increment to auto-adjust due to combat, I looked in FCT_FireControlAssignments and found that it was still showing that one Fire Control for one of my ships, Ship ID#26734 "CA Klingon" was still on Open Fire. However, looking in game at CA Klingon, both Fire Controls showed "Green" cease fire status for CA Klingon. However, the "Cease Fire All" button was still displayed, so I clicked that and it changed back to "Open Fire All."

However, when I advanced time one day, I found that it still got auto-adjusted back down to 5 seconds due to open fire controls with no targets, and "Cease Fire All" was again displayed in CA Klingon's ShipCombat screen. This repeats all the time, I can't seem to clear Fire Control status from the UI in game. I've also tried individually opening fire on each FC so they turn Orange, an then Cease Firing the again back to green, and the increment still auto adjusts back to 5 due to Open Fire Control.

One of CA Klingon's Fire Controls (a Atalskes Phaser Corporation Weapons Console R480-TS10000) was damaged during the last battle, and had been in an "Open Fire" state when it had been damaged. I can't shut it off from the UI since it was damaged, I'm wondering if that one is stuck and keeping the increments locked. I think I can fix it by editing the database to put a 0 in for "Open Fire," but wanted to report the issue first. DB attached.

As a workaround, try SM repairing the ship and turning off the now repaired FC. Should hopefully get the game going again.

Yessir, that fixed it! SM Repaiting it brought up the final Fire Control which appeared in Orange "Open Fire" state. Once I ordered it to cease fire, game resumed advancing time normally.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #391 on: May 31, 2021, 01:49:31 PM »
It seems that unloading installations from ships is still somewhat bugged. This is cargo that is loaded on 10 cargo ships with total capacity of 500000 (each ship has 50000 capacity):

After I gave command to unload all installations and after I received confirmation that order is finished, this is what remains in cargo holds:

So for some reason, not all installations were unloaded.

SJW: Fixed for v1.14. It is only affecting fleets where ships can carry more than one installation each.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 08:41:28 AM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: boolybooly, Zhukov

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #392 on: June 01, 2021, 01:56:17 PM »
Error 1168

Attached is my current Save game where I have the Pop-up error "Function #1168 : the given key was not present in the dictionary."

Running Medals mod and the BlueGeGone Mod ( black background ) due to fuzzy text using the standard blue background ( my failing eyesight).

DavidR

Offline Drakale

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • D
« Reply #393 on: June 01, 2021, 03:22:00 PM »
It seems that unloading installations from ships is still somewhat bugged.

I have the same issue popping upsometimes, seem like it happen mostly with multiple types of cargo being unloaded. I took the habit of queuing multiple unload command in the meantime, it seem to fix the issue.

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #394 on: June 02, 2021, 05:03:35 AM »
I don't know if this is a follow on from my Function #1168 error but i have requested the Civilian Economy to load Construction Factories from Earth and transport them to one of my colonies . However I am getting messages that various Civilian line ships are unable to load Construction Factories on Earth.
On looking at some of the Cargo ships mentioned it seems that the ships are already carrying cargo yet are attempting to load the Construction Factory and failing.

What can I do about this ?

My save game DB is attached.

DavidR   

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #395 on: June 02, 2021, 05:52:18 AM »
Unmodified 1.13.0

Seeing the following error messages while invading enemy colonies.

1.13.0 Function #1793. Attempt to divide by zero.

Edit
Second error message

1.13.0 Function #840 The given key was not present in the dictionary

SJW: This is the error caused by a breakthrough by a formation with no units. Already fixed for v1.14.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 08:47:06 AM by Steve Walmsley »
IanD

Offline ISN

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #396 on: June 02, 2021, 09:09:44 AM »
The MSP provided by engineering spaces seems to depend unpredictably on the other components in the ship. With nothing but a fighter engineering space my ship has 8 MSP. After adding an engine, fuel, and small thermal and EM sensors it goes down to 7 MSP; adding an active sensor brings it up to 10 MSP. But this varies considerably depending on which components I add. This doesn't seem to depend on the Max Repair value, which is 16 with all components added -- and this couldn't explain the MSP going down with added components. It also doesn't seem to depend on deployment time. This seems like a bug, unless there's some mechanic here that I'm unfamiliar with?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #397 on: June 02, 2021, 10:06:00 AM »
The MSP provided by engineering spaces seems to depend unpredictably on the other components in the ship. With nothing but a fighter engineering space my ship has 8 MSP. After adding an engine, fuel, and small thermal and EM sensors it goes down to 7 MSP; adding an active sensor brings it up to 10 MSP. But this varies considerably depending on which components I add. This doesn't seem to depend on the Max Repair value, which is 16 with all components added -- and this couldn't explain the MSP going down with added components. It also doesn't seem to depend on deployment time. This seems like a bug, unless there's some mechanic here that I'm unfamiliar with?

The MSP from engineering spaces is not simple to determine as described by Steve here.

The following users thanked this post: ISN

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
« Reply #398 on: June 02, 2021, 01:17:56 PM »
Minor issue only. I have replacement formation that has only my engineering vehicles and no HQ element. Formation is set as Use For Replacement. Autoassignment assigned commander to this formation, I believe that should not happen for formations that are set as replacement.

The following users thanked this post: Droll, Zhukov

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #399 on: June 02, 2021, 01:38:18 PM »
Minor issue only. I have replacement formation that has only my engineering vehicles and no HQ element. Formation is set as Use For Replacement. Autoassignment assigned commander to this formation, I believe that should not happen for formations that are set as replacement.

Not a bug, but a good suggestion nonetheless.

Offline ISN

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #400 on: June 02, 2021, 01:38:55 PM »

The MSP from engineering spaces is not simple to determine as described by Steve here.

"Give the number of 'bug' reports concerning the interaction of engineering and maintenance storage..." -- well now I feel silly! Thanks for pointing this out.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
« Reply #401 on: June 02, 2021, 02:20:03 PM »
I encountered small issue while spawning super jovian with trojan asteroids. It spawned with two asteroids and both have same name - Asteroid #0. I checked other systems and none of the other asteroids have this name. I play with real stars.

Offline ISN

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #402 on: June 06, 2021, 08:32:18 PM »
I'm not sure if these have been reported previously but there seem to be quite a few issues with the ship contact system. For instance, in my game an enemy fleet that was last seen in Sol just showed up in a different system where I have tracking stations; the events I got listed hostile ship contacts in Sol, not the actual system they were spotted in. Needless to say, this is very confusing. I've also noticed that if an enemy fleet you had previously encountered transits to a new system, the lost contacts are placed in a seemingly random location in the new system regardless of whether or not you have any sensor coverage there. This is kind of nice because it lets you track when an enemy fleet leaves or enters a system without having sensor contact, but this is clearly unintentional.

Offline themousemaster

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • t
« Reply #403 on: June 07, 2021, 02:29:58 AM »
The function number: 1951, 1943, 478
The complete error text An item with the same key has already been added Object reference not set to an instance of an object
The window affected main screen
What you were doing at the time Finishing a battle at the NPR homeworld (though there was some NPR-NPR fighting somewhere else in the galaxy just before the error)
Conventional or TN start TN
Random or Real Stars Real
Is your decimal separator a comma? No. US Layout
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Second time it happened, but since I suspect it's NPR related, I don't think I can reproduce on command.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well 65 years into a game.

The only other "unusual" thing happening is I have some ships massively overloaded with survivors I picked up from destroying the NPRs commercial shipping.

I am facing the same situation now. 

I was not involved in a fight, nor am carrying survivors.  Also, the only NPR in the game was shot back to the stone age a century ago, and has only just been able to build ships again a couple years back.

I was just advancing time hoping my next Sensor tech would finish before another round of Spoilers spawned.

After watching it for dozens of 1-day increments, these 3 errors popped up.  Now, any attempt at advancing time causes me to have to click through these 3 errors ~50 times apiece.

(I'm about 250years into the game)

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #404 on: June 07, 2021, 10:44:49 AM »
...I've also noticed that if an enemy fleet you had previously encountered transits to a new system, the lost contacts are placed in a seemingly random location in the new system regardless of whether or not you have any sensor coverage there. ...

I've noticed this before, and I think that the displayed location of the contact in the new system has the same bearing and distance (relative to the system center) as the contact location in the previous system of contact.