Author Topic: Suggestions Thread for v2.0  (Read 86047 times)

Online Indefatigable

• Chief Petty Officer
  • I
Re: Suggestions Thread for v2.0
« Reply #180 on: September 14, 2022, 06:44:49 AM »
Fleet Movement Orders:
Additional double click functionality

Currently double clicking on body automatically adds refuel and resupply order

Suggestion:
If previous order is load X (colonists/installation/ground unit/minerals)
Double clicking on body would add unload all X (colonists/installation/ground unit/minerals) order instead

Example cycle:
Click Colony A
Click Load Installation
Click Mine
Double-Click Colony B - Unload all installations
Double-Click Colony A - Refuel and resupply

The following users thanked this post: mike2R, smoelf, superstrijder15

Offline smoelf

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #181 on: September 14, 2022, 03:45:19 PM »
In the mineral search window, we can choose between all systems or a single, specific system. It would be super cool if we, in addition to selecting a specific system, could also include a selection of neighboring systems. It could perhaps be based on an additional field with either a checkmark for "include neighboring systems" or a number for either how many jumps away or how far in terms of billion kilometers.

This would make it a lot easier to determine if a cluster of systems have all necessary minerals for selfsufficiency. This can be very useful for long-distance colonization, where you would want to determine, which minerals you would need to ship in, or when you have to decide which system should be the center of a new sector in a cluster of system with potential for colonization.

SJW: You can already flag systems for mineral search by using the Mineral Search Flag on the Galactic Map
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 05:16:54 PM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: mike2R

Offline captainwolfer

• Lt. Commander
  • c
« Reply #182 on: September 14, 2022, 06:07:30 PM »
Feature suggestion: in the ground unit formation editor, add a button to update a formation template with the newest units for unit series within the template

IE:
I have a unit series with soldier mk1 and the newer soldier mk2 unit designs
Instead of having to manually replace the "soldier mk1" units within my formation templates, I just press "update template series" or whatever, and it would swap to soldier mk2.

To be clear, I am not talking about already built formations, just their templates

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #183 on: September 14, 2022, 06:19:15 PM »
Feature suggestion: in the ground unit formation editor, add a button to update a formation template with the newest units for unit series within the template

IE:
Instead of having to manually replace the "soldier mk1" units within my formation templates, I just press "update template series" or whatever, and it would swap to soldier mk2.

To be clear, I am not talking about already built formations, just their templates

I've already added something very similar
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=13090.msg162229#msg162229

This uses copy, rather than replace, because otherwise it would affect units already under construction.

Offline captainwolfer

• Lt. Commander
  • c
« Reply #184 on: September 14, 2022, 06:42:49 PM »

IE:

I've already added something very similar
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=13090.msg162229#msg162229

This uses copy, rather than replace, because otherwise it would affect units already under construction.
Oops I missed that.

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #185 on: September 14, 2022, 08:16:39 PM »
Maybe the Conscript checkbox should be ticked by default for commercial designs and space stations.  It could toggle off automatically when the ship flips to a military design.

The following users thanked this post: Destragon, dsedrez

Offline smoelf

• Commander
« Reply #186 on: September 15, 2022, 01:29:49 AM »
SJW: You can already flag systems for mineral search by using the Mineral Search Flag on the Galactic Map

Oh, I had no idea that was what that did. That's super cool!

Offline Elminster

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #187 on: September 15, 2022, 05:12:53 AM »
I'm again tinkering with Orbital Mining, and it is a pain in the A... urora Game.  ::)

I'm not listing all what is needed right now. Suffice to say that it is micro-management at the finest, without help from Events.

So here is my suggestion to make OM feasible (maybe at least some of it is doable):
1. Change Standing Order "Move to Asteroid Mineral Source" to "Mine at OM Mineral Source" and don't remove it when destination is reached (similar to Science Vessels).
2. Add Condition "Cargo Hold more than 90% full" and add Action "Unload Cargo at Colony (with Pop)".
3. Don't request to make all OM-Eligible bodies a colony.
3a. Let the civil mining companies check, if there is an Orbital Mining Module present before establishing a CMC.
or
3b. Let the Mining Module make the body a colony and delete the colony when all minerals are mined.
or
3c. Add a button to "System Generation and Display" with "Create all OM Colonies". And another one for "Delete empty OM Colonies".

That way you can nearly fully automate the OM, similar to the fully automated colonization.

The following users thanked this post: papent, GhostIsGone

Offline Destragon

• Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #188 on: September 15, 2022, 05:53:10 AM »
Maybe the Conscript checkbox should be ticked by default for commercial designs and space stations.  It could toggle off automatically when the ship flips to a military design.
Oh yeah, I definitely want this. I keep forgetting to check that box and as far as I know there's no point in not having it checked for commercials.

I'm again tinkering with Orbital Mining, and it is a pain in the A... urora Game.  ::)

I'm not listing all what is needed right now. Suffice to say that it is micro-management at the finest, without help from Events.

So here is my suggestion to make OM feasible (maybe at least some of it is doable):
1. Change Standing Order "Move to Asteroid Mineral Source" to "Mine at OM Mineral Source" and don't remove it when destination is reached (similar to Science Vessels).
2. Add Condition "Cargo Hold more than 90% full" and add Action "Unload Cargo at Colony (with Pop)".
3a. Let the civil mining companies check, if there is an Orbital Mining Module present before establishing a CMC.
or
3b. Let the Mining Module make the body a colony and delete the colony when all minerals are mined.
or
3c. Add a button to "System Generation and Display" with "Create all OM Colonies". And another one for "Delete empty OM Colonies".

That way you can nearly fully automate the OM, similar to the fully automated colonization.
I agree that some rework of orbital mining to make it more automated would be nice.
I've also made a thread about it recently:
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=13048.0

Offline Ush213

• Petty Officer
  • U
« Reply #189 on: September 15, 2022, 06:08:05 AM »
Templates for Civ orders. 

Hi so would it be possible to add templates for Civ orders?

So for example when you find a system with a lot of asteroids with mins (or even Sol) instead of having to go to each one and demand 1 mass driver and 20 auto mines for example.  you can create an order template for those installations, thus cutting down a lot of micro with demanding and editing amount numbers and applying.  you can quickly cycle through the bodies and apply a template,
Then just go back to your production worlds and edit the supply accordingly.  A (Do last template button) on the bottom would also be handy to reduce clicks even further for bulk orders. 

It would also be handy for new colonies or DST stations

The following users thanked this post: GhostIsGone

Offline punchkid

• Chief Petty Officer
  • p
« Reply #190 on: September 15, 2022, 06:19:31 AM »
I would love the ability to select more then one GU construction task in order to delete them all in one click, insted of having to do one by one.
Same for changing the place in the queue. Multi select and move all selected up or down.

Love all the QOL changes you have done already btw.

Edit:
Also multi select when loading ground units into transport. Or at least load the whole formation if you load the parent formation.
Just found out this exists as a load all sub-units checkbox. No idea how I have never seen that before
« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 06:23:14 AM by punchkid »

Offline smoelf

• Commander
« Reply #191 on: September 15, 2022, 07:09:21 AM »
In VB6 you could right-click on a system body in the tactical map and it would give you the option of creating a colony there. I'd love for this to be added again as this would make it much easier to create colonies on asteroids and moons.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 06:47:09 AM by smoelf »

The following users thanked this post: JacenHan, mike2R, DEEPenergy, Destragon

Offline MaxKaladin

• Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #192 on: September 15, 2022, 11:42:22 AM »

or
or

Playing with both Orbital Mining and Fuel Tankers moving fuel from Sodium Harvesters, I've come to want a set to conditional orders that basically let me say:
1. Do a thing (load ore, mine, refuel from harvester)
2. When full, go to specified place and unload
3. Goto 1

I know I can set up timed orders now.  That's what I do with the fuel tankers.  I set some interval to wait between loading fuel and offloading.  But what I'd really like to do is basically just say "wait until full", drop off cargo, go back and do it all over again without having to try to calculate how long it will take to get a full load and prevent a lot of back and forth.

Maybe what this needs is a checkbox on the orders screen for things like refuel and load minerals that says "keep doing this until full". 

Perhaps there is a way to do this already.  I'm still pretty new at this game. 

Or Maybe th

The following users thanked this post: papent

Offline shadowpho

• Leading Rate
  • s
« Reply #193 on: September 15, 2022, 04:24:14 PM »
Quote from: MaxKaladin link=topic=13020. msg162369#msg162369 date=1663260142
Quote from: Elminster link=topic=13020. msg162352#msg162352 date=1663236773
I'm again tinkering with Orbital Mining, and it is a pain in the A. . .  urora Game.   ::)

I'm not listing all what is needed right now.  Suffice to say that it is micro-management at the finest, without help from Events.

1.  Change Standing Order "Move to Asteroid Mineral Source" to "Mine at OM Mineral Source" and don't remove it when destination is reached (similar to Science Vessels).
2.  Add Condition "Cargo Hold more than 90% full" and add Action "Unload Cargo at Colony (with Pop)".
3.  Don't request to make all OM-Eligible bodies a colony.
3a.  Let the civil mining companies check, if there is an Orbital Mining Module present before establishing a CMC.
or
3b.  Let the Mining Module make the body a colony and delete the colony when all minerals are mined.
or
3c.  Add a button to "System Generation and Display" with "Create all OM Colonies".  And another one for "Delete empty OM Colonies".

Playing with both Orbital Mining and Fuel Tankers moving fuel from Sodium Harvesters, I've come to want a set to conditional orders that basically let me say:
1.  Do a thing (load ore, mine, refuel from harvester)
2.  When full, go to specified place and unload
3.  Goto 1

I know I can set up timed orders now.   That's what I do with the fuel tankers.   I set some interval to wait between loading fuel and offloading.   But what I'd really like to do is basically just say "wait until full", drop off cargo, go back and do it all over again without having to try to calculate how long it will take to get a full load and prevent a lot of back and forth.

Maybe what this needs is a checkbox on the orders screen for things like refuel and load minerals that says "keep doing this until full".   

Perhaps there is a way to do this already.   I'm still pretty new at this game.   

Or Maybe th

Oh yeah that'd be great.  We have "load minerals until full", why can't we have "Load fuel until full"?

Offline Ush213

• Petty Officer
  • U
« Reply #194 on: September 16, 2022, 03:35:39 AM »
With new spoilers creating multiple engagements at a time in different systems.  It is sometimes hard to remember which fleets are in Openfire.  Causing slowdowns. 

Can an indicator be added to the fleet list to highlight ships or fleets that are in an open fire state?  similar to ships going red and orange showing damage. 
maybe a small yellow light beside the ship's name. 

The following users thanked this post: papent, superstrijder15, StarshipCactus