Author Topic: v2.1.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 14443 times)

Offline AlStar

• Lt. Commander
  • Flag Maker Flag Maker : For creating Flags for Aurora
    Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
Re: v2.1.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2022, 09:08:55 AM »
The game appears to need Flag0000 to exist on starting a new game, or it gets very unhappy.

Specifically, without a Flag0000 in the directory (even if there are numerous other flags there), upon starting up a new game, you're never given a "create your race" pop-up, and the Sol system is never initialized. Trying to zoom in (or out) of this blank system will trigger errors, as will hitting any of the various menu buttons.

Solution: adding a file named Flag0000 to the directory (and starting a new game) fixes the problem. However, there doesn't seem to be any reason why the code depends on this specific flag.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 04:14:28 PM by AlStar »

Offline midikiman

• Petty Officer
  • m
« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2022, 11:18:48 AM »
For some reason Windows 10 thinks Aurora.exe is a virus and deletes it. I'm not using any external anti-virus software and have not encountered this kind of warning before.

Edit: I added it to exclusions and it works just fine. Leaving this reply to see if anyone else gets this warning.

Norton likes to remove new versions of the executable. Not because they contain a virus signature, but because they're too new and don't have a big community or a formal publisher.

Offline dsedrez

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • d
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2022, 02:40:19 PM »
Two bugs. I'm playing a new game, with a single DB edit to allow Conventional Industry to be built. I'll try to reproduce them later on a clean DB but right now I don't have the time.

(1) I have some, but not all, colony Governors set to auto assignment. When in Naval Organization window, looking at a Naval Admin Command, I click on Reassign All Admin Commands, the planets with no auto assignment end up with no governors.

(2) My Training Fleet (under a Training Naval Admin Command) was having its fuel stores depleted, so I set a cycling order to Add Replacement Crew / Refuel / Resupply, as I did in v. 1.13 (well, without the Add Replacement Crew order)
The Add Replacement Crew was because I had forgotten to place Auxiliary Controls in my designs and only found it later, so instead of refitting everyone with it, I simply SM-edited the designs. Next turn the fleet did not do anything and the orders disappeared...
I tried it in a different order and the fleet refueled correctly, but still did not add the replacement crew... I don't think this is WAI.

EDIT: If the Add Replacement is not the first, it seems to work, no ship is reporting crew casualties. But the order is still available, which is strange. And the orders disappearing shouldn't happen either.

EDIT 2: Maybe the case is simply that the "Cycle Moves" setting is not sticking to the training fleet? I've continued playing and the orders keep disappearing, even without the "Add Replacement" one.

BTW thanks Steve, this new version is *brilliant*!!!

« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 03:49:42 PM by dsedrez »

Offline rainyday

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • r
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2022, 04:02:07 PM »
The "Clear Minerals" button in the System Generation and Display screen doesn't work on Gas Giants or Super Jovians.  It works as expected on Terrestrial planets.

SJW: Fixed for v2.1.1
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 03:31:46 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2022, 04:06:38 AM »
In the missile design screen, the missile engine overboost fuel consumption modifier (for setting higher boosts than your ordinary tech level allows) is displayed incorrectly in the dropdown box. It always multiplies the consumption by five, instead of using the actual linearly increase in consumption modifiers.

See how the modifier just jumps from 4.05 to 21.73 between 175% and 180%? This is with a max boost tech of 175%.

First reported in the typo thread two years ago

The mechanic is documented in the 2.0 changes thread

SJW: Fixed for v2.1.1. It is only a display error and the correct modifier is used in the design.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 03:48:47 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline paolot

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • p
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2022, 08:46:33 AM »
In the missile design screen, the missile engine overboost fuel consumption modifier (for setting higher boosts than your ordinary tech level allows) is displayed incorrectly in the dropdown box. It always multiplies the consumption by five, instead of using the actual linearly increase in consumption modifiers.
See how the modifier just jumps from 4.05 to 21.73 between 175% and 180%? This is with a max boost tech of 175%.

This happens to me also, but between 150% (2.76) and 155% (14.96), having a max boost of 300%.

Moreover, in the Missile Design window, the last material of the required ones is partially hidden (see the image), so it is not clearly readable.

Offline paolot

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • p
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2022, 09:13:57 AM »
v. 2.1.0.
The Item Cost for the production of one or of several ones of the same item doesn't change in the Economics window, Industry tab: see the last two rows in the image.

SJW: Working as intended. The 'Item Cost' is the cost for each item, not the cost of the entire production run for that item.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 03:52:39 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline lumporr

• l
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2022, 09:33:09 AM »
Getting multiple #727 and #722 errors (Object reference not set to an instance of an object) errors nearly every tick. DB attached. UNH game.

Offline Aloriel

• Lieutenant
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2022, 09:58:19 AM »
v. 2.1.0.
The Item Cost for the production of one or of several ones of the same item doesn't change in the Economics window, Industry tab: see the last two rows in the image.
That's always been the cost of an individual item. It doesn't get multiplied by the number of items.
Sarah
Game Developer in Unity and UE4 and 5

Offline paolot

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • p
« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2022, 10:12:19 AM »
v. 2.1.0.
That's always been the cost of an individual item. It doesn't get multiplied by the number of items.

I feel more informative the full cost of the production, not the cost of the single item, that is already indicated in the box at the bottom middle of the window.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 01:02:08 PM by paolot »

Offline Shift

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • S
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2022, 05:09:43 PM »
Need to make sure jump points don't form a closed loop cluster of stars.

SJW: I'll add something on these lines. In the meantime, you can SM a new jump point to continue.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 04:06:04 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2022, 04:53:56 AM »
Need to make sure jump points don't form a closed loop cluster of stars.

Since VB6 it is recommended to select at least 4 (some say 6) Jump points for Sol at game start to avoid ending up in a closed loop.
In your case you been very unlucky, but with only 2 JP, chances were that you would have still ended up in a small map.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2022, 05:37:54 AM »
I think I have found a bug.

I got a handful of these error messages below before 251,000 tons of enemy ground forces just appear on luna, no troop transports or anything in system (enemy being the new spoiler).

https://prnt.sc/5bgPGFIZkksb

There is some time, like a day or two, between these error messages and the troops appearing on luna.

Have I missed something or am I right in thinking the errors are somehow linked to the enemy transports not showing up?
Is there something I can do in SM to get rid of them?

TN start
39 years into game
one off error
Have a back up of the database from around a day before this if needed
v2.10 game

The exact same thing happened to me as well. Only difference is that I'm 13 years into game, and enemy ground forces are smaller.

Same error message, then couple days later enemy appears out of thin air on Luna.

Replying here as a reminder to myself for when I get home in about 10 days :)

I checked the error when this was first reported and it was in the Aether Gate Transit function. I am now wondering if the raider troop transport had orders of transit into sol and then unload on Luna (for example), but failed the first order. If the code doesn't make the right checks, the transport might go to the coordinates that match Luna in its home system and then unload, with Luna still as the target. I'll check this theory when I return.

EDIT: This did turn out to be the problem.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 05:08:30 PM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: Vandermeer, pwhk, Sebmono

Offline pwhk

• p
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2022, 09:46:44 AM »
1. Enable Spacemaster Mode
2. Show Event Window
3. Enable "Show All Races" from Event Window
4. Press Ctrl-F2 to bring up Event Window
5. Increment time
6. Unexpected behavior: Events for all other NPRs can be seen, and other NPRs can be selected from the main window dropdown.

SJW: Cannot reproduce. Only player races show up. It sounds like you are somehow in designer mode. Are you running any mods?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 06:12:21 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2022, 11:18:44 AM »
I think I have found a bug.

I got a handful of these error messages below before 251,000 tons of enemy ground forces just appear on luna, no troop transports or anything in system (enemy being the new spoiler).

https://prnt.sc/5bgPGFIZkksb

There is some time, like a day or two, between these error messages and the troops appearing on luna.

Have I missed something or am I right in thinking the errors are somehow linked to the enemy transports not showing up?
Is there something I can do in SM to get rid of them?

TN start
39 years into game
one off error
Have a back up of the database from around a day before this if needed
v2.10 game

The exact same thing happened to me as well. Only difference is that I'm 13 years into game, and enemy ground forces are smaller.

Same error message, then couple days later enemy appears out of thin air on Luna.

Replying here as a reminder to myself for when I get home in about 10 days :)

I checked the error when this was first reported and it was in the Aether Gate Transit function. I am now wondering if the raider troop transport had orders of transit into sol and then unload on Luna (for example), but failed the first order. If the code doesn't make the right checks, the transport might go to the coordinates that match Luna in its home system and then unload, with Luna still as the target. I'll check this theory when I return.

This may be related to a bug I reported in 1.13 - join fleet orders don't respect jump points