Author Topic: v2.1.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 14604 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: v2.1.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #105 on: September 03, 2022, 02:04:56 PM »
I just saw someone talk about how their construction vehicles aren't building installations and then did some testing (in 2.1) to see if they work or not.
As far as I can tell, units with construction equipment can only contribute their BP to just a SINGLE construction cycle and then never again.
(Maybe it has to do with their fortification value?)

1: Scrap all your construction factories
2: Instabuild some construction vehicle unit formations
3: Tell the colony to build some installation
4: Skip forward by one construction cycle, the construction vehicles will have built a portion of the installation
5: Skip forward another construction cycle, nothing happens. The installation is at the same construction percentage as on the previous cycle.
6: You can instabuild some more formations and again see that they will build the installation on the next cycle, but then again not on the following ones

Were all ground units at the population at maximum fortification level?
I let them fortify to max (3), but still nothing happens. I also tried changing their field position, but nothing again.

I think I noticed something interesting:
If you instabuild them at a colony that has no minerals stockpiled and then afterwards send minerals to it, they won't build at all, not even for 1 construction cycle. If you instabuild them at a colony that already has minerals, then they will build for 1 cycle.

Confirmed as a bug. Thanks for the detailed report. The construction units were being flagged as unavailable when used for fortification, but the flag was only being unset on game load.

The following users thanked this post: db48x, Indefatigable, skoormit, Destragon, shadowpho

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #106 on: September 03, 2022, 03:27:56 PM »
Using the "Transfer Fleet" button in the Naval Organization window with a fleet selected, Miscellaneous tab throws an error: "2.0.3 Function #3397: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Tested on a fresh DB with two player races on Earth and incremented 5 seconds before transferring. Error occurs when transferring a fleet from Race B to Race A, and when transferring back from Race A to Race B.

Game seems to otherwise work fine.

EDIT: I notice that the game creates copies of the class design named "ClassName - Copy" (and keeps appending " - Copy"s if you transfer back and forth), with alien components displayed in red (so shown in red for Race A, but not for Race B, in the example above). Could this have something to do with it?

SJW: Fixed for v2.1.1. The error was caused by the code assuming the destination race was an NPR. The error will have no effect on the transfer.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 09:42:36 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline shadowpho

• Leading Rate
  • s
« Reply #107 on: September 03, 2022, 05:07:18 PM »
Raiders are broken.   

Experienced 400k of raider tonnage with ECM10 on year 17 of the game.   (normal TS start, research rate at 100%).   This is about 7 years after they got triggered.    They went from sending in 20k tonnes in ships to 400k in a single attack.   

They also have ECM10.    Even if I went 100% in on ECM I'd only get to ECCM3 (and my engine tech would be 0)

I looked at DB, and they have a lot of ships (400k t+), but they don't have a lot of killed ships.   

Edit: Reddit thread on same issue.  Seems at least a couple more people hit sudden huge ways of raiders at 15-20 years

SJW: ECM 10 is first level ECM, 400k could include non-combat. Probably WAI.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 09:49:41 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Harold65

• Petty Officer
  • H
« Reply #108 on: September 03, 2022, 07:47:37 PM »
When designing a beam fire control, if I check the "Show Next Tech" box, I get an error stating "2.0.2 Function #2635: Object reference not set to an instance of an object", and then the drop down boxes for range, speed, and size all go blank. Also happens for some of the other components (Active sensor, gauss cannon, jump drive, etc. I didn't go through every component type in the list). Can't discern a pattern, since I'm currently researching techs related to beam fire control and active sensors but not gauss cannons or jump drives

Not sure if this has been solved since 2.0.2.

SJW: This fix is in the changes list for v2.0.3

Not sure if related, but I get the same error when attempting to generate a jump engine. The jump engine size box goes blank, but I can click it and the values show up.

SJW: Cannot reproduce.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 09:51:42 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #109 on: September 03, 2022, 11:43:16 PM »
I’ve just noticed that fleets with multiple ships in them don’t obey the “Land on Assigned Mothership” standing order, even if every ship in the fleet is from the same mothership.

In my case I have a carrier with a squadron of several 1000t geosurvey craft. I detached the squadron and set them to survey planets and moon, and to refuel as necessary. Their secondary order was to return to mothership. When they ran out of planets and moons to survey I got the error about not being able to follow any standing orders. When the fleet is divided to survey asteroids they work just fine.

SJW: Fixed for v2.1.1
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 09:57:27 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #110 on: September 04, 2022, 07:29:55 AM »
Secondary Power System Explosions don’t cause any additional damage to the craft. Here one of my fighters aboard a commercial carrier suffered an engine failure that it couldn’t repair:

I was surprised not to see a wreck pop out of the carrier. The carrier was fine too. A look at the damage report shows that only the engine is actually damaged:

SJW: Fixed for v2.1.1. The problem was no damage from secondary explosions resulting from maintenance failures.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 09:26:31 AM by Steve Walmsley »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #111 on: September 04, 2022, 09:04:16 AM »
Raiders are broken.   

Experienced 400k of raider tonnage with ECM10 on year 17 of the game.   (normal TS start, research rate at 100%).   This is about 7 years after they got triggered.    They went from sending in 20k tonnes in ships to 400k in a single attack.   

They also have ECM10.    Even if I went 100% in on ECM I'd only get to ECCM3 (and my engine tech would be 0)

I looked at DB, and they have a lot of ships (400k t+), but they don't have a lot of killed ships.   

Edit: Reddit thread on same issue.  Seems at least a couple more people hit sudden huge ways of raiders at 15-20 years

ECM 10 is the first level of ECM, giving a 10% penalty to chance-to-hit. Was that 400K including non-warships, such as troop transports or salvage ships? Also, the raiders continue to build ships from game start. The system trigger is when they first attack.

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2022, 09:46:48 AM »
This is a very minor oddity, but unlike all the other checkboxes on the Display tab of the Galactic Map window, clicking the new “Use Max Colony Cost for Hab Worlds Display” checkbox changes the selection to Sol (or possibly capital system in games without Sol; haven’t tested that).

« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 10:18:30 AM by Steve Walmsley »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #113 on: September 04, 2022, 09:51:04 AM »
When designing a beam fire control, if I check the "Show Next Tech" box, I get an error stating "2.0.2 Function #2635: Object reference not set to an instance of an object", and then the drop down boxes for range, speed, and size all go blank. Also happens for some of the other components (Active sensor, gauss cannon, jump drive, etc. I didn't go through every component type in the list). Can't discern a pattern, since I'm currently researching techs related to beam fire control and active sensors but not gauss cannons or jump drives

Not sure if this has been solved since 2.0.2.

SJW: This fix is in the changes list for v2.0.3

Not sure if related, but I get the same error when attempting to generate a jump engine. The jump engine size box goes blank, but I can click it and the values show up.

Cannot reproduce - are you on the latest version?

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #114 on: September 04, 2022, 10:37:48 AM »
Here’s one that seems to have been going on for a while in my game, but that I only just noticed. A shipyard tooled for class Defiant II was auto refitting from Defiant to Defiant II. These are small fighters so there are lots of them. After a while a more important project came along and I retooled the shipyard from the Defiant II class to another class Exorcist IV. Now the shipyard cannot build Defiant IIs any more, but it keeps right on auto refitting them. Each time a slipway finishes refitting a Defiant into a Defiant II it picks another Defiant to continue with.

I don’t want to cancel the in–progress refits, but I suppose I can cancel them one at a time while they are still at 0%.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 11:53:02 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline shadowpho

• Leading Rate
  • s
« Reply #115 on: September 04, 2022, 10:51:03 AM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=13050. msg161906#msg161906 date=1662300256
Quote from: shadowpho link=topic=13050. msg161897#msg161897 date=1662242838
Raiders are broken.     

Experienced 400k of raider tonnage with ECM10 on year 17 of the game.    (normal TS start, research rate at 100%).    This is about 7 years after they got triggered.     They went from sending in 20k tonnes in ships to 400k in a single attack.   

They also have ECM10.     Even if I went 100% in on ECM I'd only get to ECCM3 (and my engine tech would be 0)

Edit: Reddit thread on same issue.   Seems at least a couple more people hit sudden huge ways of raiders at 15-20 years

ECM 10 is the first level of ECM, giving a 10% penalty to chance-to-hit.  Was that 400K including non-warships, such as troop transports or salvage ships? Also, the raiders continue to build ships from game start.  The system trigger is when they first attack.

It’s 400k tonnage of military ships per db (20k*20 military ships).  I did not include any commercial tonnage on that.   I’ll post a more detailed number later today, need to poke db a bit more.

Their first attack already happened, it was 2-3 ships that I destroyed yearly.  This time is a much more difficult  attack that seems to wipe out everything.

Thank you for ECM notice, that makes it much easier.  For some reason my missiles would not fire until very close (shorter then their beams in some cases), but that could be related to the cloaking instead. 

I’ll dig into the db a bit more to get accurate numbers.  It just seems a crazy jump where they were pestering my colonies to little effect (but very fun gameplay) to boom here’s a giant fleet at year 17.

Offline Destragon

• Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #116 on: September 04, 2022, 11:13:36 AM »
I guess this is more an oversight than a bug, but in the economics screen, if you check the "by function" box, then the names of the colonies will lose their colours, so you can't see which CMC you're buying minerals from, when you have it checked.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 12:01:32 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline dr125

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #117 on: September 04, 2022, 04:23:15 PM »
I've encountered a nasty fatal db error on startup. When I go to open my game, I get:

I get: #1170: Object cannot be cast from DBNull to other types.

And then infinitely:
Function #3040: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Until I end task. Db is attached.

Exact same issue. DB is attached as well. For reference, I had some sort of error  of just before this. I had some military ships with a jump tender, all 9000 tons. Tried to standard transit with orders to detach tankers (the tender) after jumping. Failed transit on arrival, I looked at the designs and thought "weird, that should work", hit 1 day and they jumped, but a few errors popped up (of which I don't remember the numbers). On closing in on the target Rahkas, I got the errors above, at first could close/continue, but now the infinitely go on until I end task.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #118 on: September 04, 2022, 05:32:05 PM »
I've encountered a nasty fatal db error on startup. When I go to open my game, I get:

I get: #1170: Object cannot be cast from DBNull to other types.

And then infinitely:
Function #3040: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Until I end task. Db is attached.

Exact same issue. DB is attached as well. For reference, I had some sort of error  of just before this. I had some military ships with a jump tender, all 9000 tons. Tried to standard transit with orders to detach tankers (the tender) after jumping. Failed transit on arrival, I looked at the designs and thought "weird, that should work", hit 1 day and they jumped, but a few errors popped up (of which I don't remember the numbers). On closing in on the target Rahkas, I got the errors above, at first could close/continue, but now the infinitely go on until I end task.

In both cases, the error was caused by null values in the MeanOrbitalSpeed field for several records in the FCT_SystemBody table. Setting those nulls to zero or removing the records fixed the problem. However, I don't know how the null values got there in the first place. Working on that now.

EDIT: I have added code that will handle the nulls if they exist and set the DB field to zero. This fix will work on the affected games.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 05:45:31 PM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: shadowpho

Offline dr125

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #119 on: September 04, 2022, 06:18:29 PM »
Thanks, glad to hear it!