Author Topic: v2.1.1 Bugs Thread  (Read 40334 times)

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
Re: v2.1.1 Bugs Thread
« Reply #105 on: December 18, 2022, 06:06:34 PM »
I am running what I think is 2.1.1 (Aurora.exe dated 8/6/22, but can't figure out how to find out in the program).  I'm running a normal (not conventional) start.  Currently I'm only in Sol.  When I start Aurora I get this error:

2.0.1 Function #3040: Value was either too large or too small for a Decimal.

I hit OK and it's fine.  However I get this error whenever I try to open the System View (LOTS of times - I hold down the Enter key for a minute or so) and Mining Survey Window and search (about a dozen times).

Do you have a very small number of mines on some planet (Venus, for example) with a very high quantity of low-accessibility elements? I've seen this before, either in a game of my own or in a previous bug report by someone else, and the cause had to do with some value being calculated related to mineral use or exhaustion which, due to the extremely low mining rate, caused some overflow or underflow in a calculation. Check if you have any colonies with a very low mining rate (if you can't access the mining screens you may have to guess based on how many mines you have at that site) as these could be the source of the issue.

Another possibility might be if you have an incredibly small number of colonists (say, less than 100) somewhere, as this might underflow the population value which is measured in millions for most cases. In general, any case where you have a colony with a really low number of some sort is a candidate to cause this bug.

Offline James Patten

• Lt. Commander
  • J
« Reply #106 on: December 18, 2022, 06:09:42 PM »
There are two privately owned mines, with 2 or 3 mines each.  I get the message every few days, I'm sure it's got to do with the amount of minerals mined each time.  However I was getting it in System View/Mining view before these showed up.

Offline sneer

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #107 on: December 21, 2022, 08:51:15 AM »
2.1.1 function #1414 Value was either too large or too small for a Decimal from 5-6 to 40-60 times

year 2075 pretty standard configuration TN game , disaster 0.01 au

self edit
I have decided to close game and open again
got DB null error twice function#1170 and #3248
after this function #2477
all celestial bodies are erased except Mercury
« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 09:28:23 AM by sneer »

Offline AbsolutelyNoFires

• Leading Rate
  • A
« Reply #108 on: December 21, 2022, 09:24:38 AM »
In this game, about 10 years ago, a ship ("DDA-03 Paladin 003") suffered a parts failure with empty engineering supplies and blew up in Sol.

Lots happened in the meantime, but now, a totally different ship ("SC-05 Explorator 005") just fired it's missile tube in 'Aikhibba'.  And I got the event - "Damage Report - Sol - DDA-03 Paladin 003 Damage Report: Ship Destroyed".

Maybe the scout ship was supposed to suffer a parts failure from the missile launch?

But the event points to a ship which stopped existing a decade or so ago.

• Leading Rate
  • A
« Reply #109 on: December 21, 2022, 09:29:42 AM »
In the attached game, there are no NPRs / invaders / swarm and I haven't seen any Precursors.  Just two Raider ships.

My empire has discovered around 10 systems.  So there's not all that much going on and the game has been running buttery smooth. . . until the first Raider showed up.  Now it takes ~1 hour for a 20 minute turn.

So the bug here, is that, possibly due to Raiders, something is happening (very recently in-game) which is causing normally very sharp turn times to become ~1 hour per click.

• Leading Rate
  • A
« Reply #110 on: December 21, 2022, 09:38:17 AM »
In this attached game, a Raider has recently opened fire with its railguns against my Habitat space station.  The Habitat is simply Ark Modules with "no armour" ticked and some CIWS + civ radar.

I would have expected that, with no armour, the railguns would make very short work of the Habitat (Habitat hull number 33 in game, the HAB-08 TG). .  Instead the events simply report penetrating hits, with no crew lost, no damaged components, no ark modules broken.

So I think it's bugged that firing upon an unarmoured space station is not really causing any damage to the station.

I have one final bug to report, but I dont have a save file handy, although the orders are still in the TG history of TNK-01 in this save, happening around 2021.
I have another space station which is pretty much simply refueling hub + large fuel tanks.
And I have a ship which had a refueling system.  The ship was ordered to refuel from a colony, travel to the station, and"Transfer Fuel to Refueling Hub".
The bug was that - with these orders on loop - I was filling the station more than 100%.  I would have expected the task to fail when the station is filled, yet instead the tanker was transferring unlimited amounts to the station.

Online Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #111 on: December 21, 2022, 09:47:47 AM »
In this attached game, a Raider has recently opened fire with its railguns against my Habitat space station.  The Habitat is simply Ark Modules with "no armour" ticked and some CIWS + civ radar.

I would have expected that, with no armour, the railguns would make very short work of the Habitat (Habitat hull number 33 in game, the HAB-08 TG). .  Instead the events simply report penetrating hits, with no crew lost, no damaged components, no ark modules broken.

So I think it's bugged that firing upon an unarmoured space station is not really causing any damage to the station.

Do you know how big the railgun (damage-wise) and habitat is? I don't recall the HTK of an ark module but if the HTK is very high vs the damage of the railgun I can imagine it taking a while. Especially if there are a lot of ark modules that the railgun randomly cycles through.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #112 on: December 21, 2022, 09:53:35 AM »

Ark Modules actually have 25 HTK which is a pretty high amount, so it is possible that the hits are working correctly but are not rolling well enough to destroy a component Particularly if some of the damage is being ablated by the "no armour" layer, since I think for mechanical purposes a station with "no armour" still gets 1 layer of armor which has to be penetrated (it just can't be more than one layer thick). I haven't tested this so could be wrong though.

Do you know how many penetrating hits the station has taken? If only a few hits, there's not enough evidence of a bug, but if you have watched a couple hundred rounds hit the station with no effect then there could be a problem. Also check the Armour Status tab for that station and see if there are some red blocks in the big long line of white blocks to indicate correctly receiving the hits?

• Leading Rate
  • A
« Reply #113 on: December 21, 2022, 11:04:05 AM »
Sorry, I don't know enough about damage to know whether this is a bug - or if the shots were just "absorbed" by the large components.  Hopefully this info helps.

- The railgun, according to my intel screen, does 4 damage, and the ship has 4 of them.  However - from the range it was fired at - each shot was doing 1 dmg.

- The Hab has five Ark Modules, each HTK 25. 

- The "Armour Status" screen for a "no armour" space station is a blank screen, there's no armour showing.

- The Hab received a total of 17 shots on-target, of which all were penetrating hits

- The "Damage Control" screen for the Habitat in question is identical to any other in its class, there are no damaged components showing.

I would have expected that *any* penetrating shots on an unarmoured space station would result in crew deaths and component damage, but the 1 million residents of Hab-33 will be quite happy to learn if that's not the case.
Thank you

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #114 on: December 21, 2022, 03:49:10 PM »
- The "Armour Status" screen for a "no armour" space station is a blank screen, there's no armour showing.

This is technically a glitch in the UI, because there is an armor bar for "No Armour" ships, but Ark Modules are so large that the armor pips will not display. If you make a smaller station (~100k tons) you will see the pips.

However, it is academic since they do not do anything. I've tested and any shot goes right through, as one would expect (TIL!).

I would have expected that *any* penetrating shots on an unarmoured space station would result in crew deaths and component damage, but the 1 million residents of Hab-33 will be quite happy to learn if that's not the case.
Thank you

I've tested this and was actually able to destroy an ark module on the very first salvo of fire, so I think you have just gotten unlucky. With 17 penetrating shots at 1 damage each, the odds of not destroying any modules is actually about 50% due to how statistics work, so...keep getting shot at I guess?

I did however find a different bug which I'll double-post to keep it separated.

The following users thanked this post: AbsolutelyNoFires

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #115 on: December 21, 2022, 03:51:36 PM »
Bug: If a fleet of beam-armed ships is ordered to sync fire, they will not fire even when all ships are ready to fire. Every ship in the fleet will indicate that it "is waiting for other ships in the same fleet to confirm their readiness before firing."

I'm guessing this occurs because the Sync Fire control only checks if ships are ready to fire missiles, since it is almost never used for beam fire.

SJW: Fixed for v2.2
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 01:17:04 PM by Steve Walmsley »

• Leading Rate
  • A
« Reply #116 on: December 21, 2022, 07:14:51 PM »
When a shipyard is set to "auto-refit", the "use components" box is only obeyed for the first production run.

SJW: Fixed for v2.2
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 01:33:22 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline James Patten

• Lt. Commander
  • J
« Reply #117 on: December 23, 2022, 06:30:23 AM »
I am running what I think is 2.1.1 (Aurora.exe dated 8/6/22, but can't figure out how to find out in the program).  I'm running a normal (not conventional) start.  Currently I'm only in Sol.  When I start Aurora I get this error:

2.0.1 Function #3040: Value was either too large or too small for a Decimal.

I hit OK and it's fine.  However I get this error whenever I try to open the System View (LOTS of times - I hold down the Enter key for a minute or so) and Mining Survey Window and search (about a dozen times).

This is probably a false alarm.  I downloaded 2.1.1 and found the date for the exe different than the date for the one I had.  Haven't had the 2.0.1 function error again.

Offline Kiero

• Bronze Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • In space no one can hear you scream.
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #118 on: December 30, 2022, 07:40:33 AM »
All newly discovered ruins do not require the Xeno Team to be surveyed and all belong to the same TL2 aliens.

SJW: Working as intended. Systems close together may have ruins from the same race.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 01:19:10 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #119 on: December 30, 2022, 11:16:13 AM »
All newly discovered ruins do not require the Xeno Team to be surveyed and all belong to the same TL2 aliens.

That is not a bug. You simply found ruins of same species in different systems. So you are able to recognize them after first one is surveyed.