Author Topic: v2.1.1 Bugs Thread  (Read 40214 times)

Offline Noriad

• Petty Officer
  • N
Re: v2.1.1 Bugs Thread
« Reply #210 on: July 19, 2023, 10:48:20 PM »
Most likely there are NPRs, you just have not run into them yet. Depending on your settings at the start of the game, it can be somewhat rare to encounter NPRs until you've explored quite a lot of systems - and other times they may show up on your front door. It's quite random.

Okay but after visiting 81 systems I haven't even met the first of my 3 starter NPRs. This means I would need to explore and play.. hundreds of systems? Over a thousand? Sorry, but I have more to do this decade.

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #211 on: July 20, 2023, 08:06:10 AM »
Okay but after visiting 81 systems I haven't even met the first of my 3 starter NPRs. This means I would need to explore and play.. hundreds of systems? Over a thousand? Sorry, but I have more to do this decade.

Usually, I set the min and max distance for the starting NPRs to be lower than default values. The default 25 to 50 LY band gives 745 star systems where a NPR could, in principle, start (in practice some of these systems will be too small of stars for an NPR to spawn, so not quite so many), which means if you get unlucky you may spend quite a while exploring before you find anyone. Even changing the range from 25 to 40 LY brings this number down to "only" 350 systems, although to be frank your odds are probably better if you also reduce the minimum - at some risk of discovering a NPR at the front door!

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #212 on: July 25, 2023, 12:17:06 PM »
Bug Report: Ground unit formations remain at deleted populations.

I created a population at Mercury, used SM mode to build ~30 ground unit formations to that colony (if you're curious, I was trying to increment the automatic formation number without having to edit the DB), and deleted the population at Mercury. I expected that this would also delete the ground units at that population. Instead, the ground units seem to remain in existence as on the next increment my remaining ground force commanders were auto-assigned to command these formations.

I can also see these formations in the Ground Forces window if I uncheck the "Location" box, so this isn't game-breaking as I can manually delete the formations, but it doesn't seem like the correct behavior.

SJW: Fixed for v2.2
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 11:52:19 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #213 on: July 29, 2023, 05:12:17 PM »
Bug Report: Civilian colony ships don't check for other inbound ships when loading colonists, resulting in repeated depopulation of colonies.

TN Start, random stars, 52 years in.  I have about 50 populated colonies in 9 systems.  I have only 3 colony fleets build as I mostly rely on civilian transport to move colonists around.  If you scroll back to the beginning of September in the event log you will see repeated alerts from civilian colony ships unable to pick up colonists from Waddeson Asteroid #132.   I had previously opened this asteroid to colonization, and by June it had around 35M colonists, so I switched it from destination to source of colonists.  As there are limited sources available, the colony ships swarmed the asteroid, totally depopulating it.  When it switched back to destination, the colony ships changed their targets to Veron III.  If you advance time until November 9th it will also generate errors as it is depopulated. 

At minimum, civilian colony ships loading colonists should check for other inbound civilians and not issue a load order if it would take the colony below the minimum to be designated a colony source - 10M or the maximum carrying capacity of the colony if lower. 

As a feature request there should be a population reserve level.  This could either be a static amount, the number of colonists currently employed, or some number/percentage in addition to the employed value.  Normally I'm trying to move unemployed colonists to places where either free land (pop below 10M) or work is available (population shortage).   

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #214 on: July 30, 2023, 04:55:55 AM »
Bug Report: Civilian colony ships don't check for other inbound ships when loading colonists, resulting in repeated depopulation of colonies.

TN Start, random stars, 52 years in.  I have about 50 populated colonies in 9 systems.  I have only 3 colony fleets build as I mostly rely on civilian transport to move colonists around.  If you scroll back to the beginning of September in the event log you will see repeated alerts from civilian colony ships unable to pick up colonists from Waddeson Asteroid #132.   I had previously opened this asteroid to colonization, and by June it had around 35M colonists, so I switched it from destination to source of colonists.  As there are limited sources available, the colony ships swarmed the asteroid, totally depopulating it.  When it switched back to destination, the colony ships changed their targets to Veron III.  If you advance time until November 9th it will also generate errors as it is depopulated. 

At minimum, civilian colony ships loading colonists should check for other inbound civilians and not issue a load order if it would take the colony below the minimum to be designated a colony source - 10M or the maximum carrying capacity of the colony if lower. 

As a feature request there should be a population reserve level.  This could either be a static amount, the number of colonists currently employed, or some number/percentage in addition to the employed value.  Normally I'm trying to move unemployed colonists to places where either free land (pop below 10M) or work is available (population shortage).

Its not a bug as the civilians did what they were supposed to under the rules. Probably best to add the suggestion of a reserve level to the suggestions thread, so I will be reminded when I review that thread.

Offline superstrijder15

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • s
« Reply #215 on: August 05, 2023, 01:35:04 PM »
I did not encounter any black holes until now, then encountered 4 in a row. If they have a roughly 2% chance of occuring (as per http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=12523.msg160659#msg160659, it is a real stars game), then that is *very* unlikely to happen like this (chance around 1 in 6.250.000). I saved right after the most recent one and attached the save.

I have edited the DB *but* only the table containing the coordinates of the galactic map, only those coordinates, and I have no problems with the map itself.

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #216 on: August 06, 2023, 03:33:03 PM »
CMC colony mass drivers do not fully respect mineral reserve levels.  If a target is set all ore mined by the CMC is sent.  The mass driver does appear to respect reserves for existing ore stockpiles and for player-installed mines.

To duplicate: note the ore levels on Dawn-B V moon 14 Block Minerals and Icewind Dale III Kokot Ventures.  Set a target of Icewind Dale V for Icewind Dale 3 Kokot Ventures  Set gallicite reserve to 0 on ID 3.  Advance time 5 days.  Note the mineral levels on ID3 are static, except the galicite which is now zero.  Mineral stocks on Dawn-B V moon 14 increased slightly.  Zoom in on the tactical map and you will note two mineral packets were just created.  Advance time 5 minutes to separate them.  You will see that one ID3 mineral packet is gallicite only (the stored materials) at high speed and the other is all minerals at 1000 km/s.  For dawn-B V moon 14 the high speed packet appears to be minerals newly mined by the standard mines, and the low speed is from the CMC mines. 

Offline Bryan Swartz

• Captain
  • B
« Reply #217 on: September 02, 2023, 09:19:03 AM »
I didn't read the whole thread, but did a few searches and nothing came up. 

Renaming an Admin Command eliminates everything but the renamed text.  I.e. if I create a new 'Naval 1' Naval Admin Command, it will show as 'NAV Naval 1 (CDR) - Earth'.   Listing as usual the type of command, the required minimum rank, and population it's based on.  If it is renamed to 'Naval 2' it will just say 'Naval 2'.  NAV, CDR, Earth are all gone so to make it display correctly you really can't rename admin commands after the fact. 

« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 11:48:14 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #218 on: September 02, 2023, 10:23:35 AM »
I didn't read the whole thread, but did a few searches and nothing came up. 

Renaming an Admin Command eliminates everything but the renamed text.  I.e. if I create a new 'Naval 1' Naval Admin Command, it will show as 'NAV Naval 1 (CDR) - Earth'.   Listing as usual the type of command, the required minimum rank, and population it's based on.  If it is renamed to 'Naval 2' it will just say 'Naval 2'.  NAV, CDR, Earth are all gone so to make it display correctly you really can't rename admin commands after the fact.

This is purely a visual bug - if you Refresh the Naval Organization window the other bits will show up again.

The following users thanked this post: Bryan Swartz

Offline Bryan Swartz

• Captain
  • B
« Reply #219 on: September 02, 2023, 11:53:38 AM »
ah, good to know. 

Offline Kiero

• Bronze Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • In space no one can hear you scream.
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #220 on: September 04, 2023, 05:26:38 AM »
Restoring retired or dead Commanders are not working.
When i click Restore, Commander/Scientist/Administrator is going back up to active but when i close the Commanders window and open it again this person is back in "Retired / Dead section but all the buttons at he bottom are set up as he is active:

And even when I assign that restored person to a position, it is noted in his history but he is no assign.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 10:52:10 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #221 on: September 04, 2023, 05:02:57 PM »
Restoring retired or dead Commanders are not working.
When i click Restore, Commander/Scientist/Administrator is going back up to active but when i close the Commanders window and open it again this person is back in "Retired / Dead section but all the buttons at he bottom are set up as he is active:

And even when I assign that restored person to a position, it is noted in his history but he is no assign.

I haven't tried this, so I am going by previous experiences with changes that inpact on the active database. Most of the times, to make these change active, you should save the gane, exit, and then restart. After this operation the new DB should be loaded up with the proper set.

Now, I am not saying that is ideal or WAI, just giving you an extra hint to see if you can get it going.

Offline Kiero

• Bronze Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • In space no one can hear you scream.
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #222 on: September 05, 2023, 12:58:55 AM »
I haven't tried this, so I am going by previous experiences with changes that inpact on the active database. Most of the times, to make these change active, you should save the gane, exit, and then restart. After this operation the new DB should be loaded up with the proper set.

Now, I am not saying that is ideal or WAI, just giving you an extra hint to see if you can get it going.

Nope, not working.

Update: It is working when i mark this commander to be "Retain".
So when you would like to get a commander back, you need to:
- mark him as "Retain"
- "Restore" him/her
- Save and close Aurora.
- Open Aurora.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2023, 01:17:18 AM by Kiero »

Offline Zeebie

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Z
« Reply #223 on: September 05, 2023, 12:23:15 PM »
I've received the following error whenever I advance time: "2.0.3 Function #1414: The given key was not present in the dictionary."  The window with the message needs to be dismissed a few dozen times (seems to vary from turn to turn).  Any thoughts on what might be causing this? I have cleared all orders from my ships.

SJW: This looks like an earlier version if the error messages includes 2.03
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 10:28:33 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Bryan Swartz

• Captain
  • B
« Reply #224 on: September 06, 2023, 05:02:28 AM »
Something is very weird with distances, at least in Sol.  This is a freshly generated default settings game.  McNaught-Russell sits right on Saturn orbit (1.4b km), yet it says it's 18.7b km away.  Not all are this egregious, but most of the comets are lying about where they are, either in the data or visually. 

Running the sim forward about 15 years, it moves several billion km out past most of the asteroids.  The displayed distance has not changed. 

Edit:  Machholz and Encke are also good examples, insisting they are hundreds of millions of km away even when they are at least as close as Mercury.  From what I can tell, the listed distance for the comets just never updates to reflect their actual position, even though they do move in their orbits.  It turns out this isn't just a comet thing.  Mercury's orbit ranges from 46m to 70m km, but it always reads as 58.1m km, never changing. 

I did do the whole refresh thing, re-clicking on the bodies in question, etc. 

Edit Again:  I've also confirmed that the colony cost is changing as bodies with eccentric orbits move.  That's another point in favor of the Current Distance display just being off, but the rest of it working as it should. 

SJW: I've checked and this is working as it should. I may have fixed it in the meantime.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 10:26:53 AM by Steve Walmsley »