Author Topic: v2.5.1 Bugs Thread  (Read 32141 times)

Offline kyonkundenwa

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • k
Re: v2.5.1 Bugs Thread
« Reply #180 on: July 07, 2024, 11:24:36 PM »
I just tried, and saving and reloading did not clear the issue. I've posted my DB here in case that helps.
You listed info for Succor 1 while the dropdown is for Succor 2, which is 65k tons.
The reason you can't build the other Ruin class vessels is that you've marked them obsolete, the tooled class will always be in the dropdown even when obsolete (is this intentional?) but other obsolete classes won't show up.

The following users thanked this post: nakorkren, nuclearslurpee

Offline nakorkren

• Commander
  • n
« Reply #181 on: July 08, 2024, 11:46:36 AM »
I just tried, and saving and reloading did not clear the issue. I've posted my DB here in case that helps.
You listed info for Succor 1 while the dropdown is for Succor 2, which is 65k tons.
The reason you can't build the other Ruin class vessels is that you've marked them obsolete, the tooled class will always be in the dropdown even when obsolete (is this intentional?) but other obsolete classes won't show up.

You're right, I had the Ruin-1a and Ruin-1b marked as obsolete and that's why they didn't show up in the shipyard dropdown. Thank you!

You're right about Succor 2, it is a larger ship than Succor 1. I'm still very surprised that I can build that at the Naval shipyard tooled for Ruin-1. It's a ship 15ktons smaller, with almost no overlap in components (1 layer of armor  vs ~10, no shields vs 9, no weapons, commercial vs military engines, etc etc). Should it really be buildable at that shipyard?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #182 on: July 08, 2024, 12:23:53 PM »
You're right about Succor 2, it is a larger ship than Succor 1. I'm still very surprised that I can build that at the Naval shipyard tooled for Ruin-1. It's a ship 15ktons smaller, with almost no overlap in components (1 layer of armor  vs ~10, no shields vs 9, no weapons, commercial vs military engines, etc etc). Should it really be buildable at that shipyard?

Refit/interbuild is determined by the ratio of new component costs to the total build cost of the tooled-for class. You don't show the Succor 2, but the Ruin 1 dreadnought costs over 20k BP while the Succor 1 costs 1,300 BP, so I would guess the Succor 2 at 65k tons probably costs less than 2,000 BP. Since the Succor 2 costs around 10% what the Ruin 1 costs, it can be interbuilt pretty trivially despite the two ships being nothing alike.

This is a bit of a gap in the realism of the refit mechanics, but correcting it would probably require either (a) limiting refit/interbuild to not cross military/commercial designations, which is more than a bit artificial, or (b) reworking the mechanic entirely to use, e.g., a per-component-type replacement scheme, which would be really cool but also would take a lot of work for Steve for really no gain in terms of gameplay.

Offline Alsadius

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #183 on: July 12, 2024, 06:35:40 AM »
EDIT: Moved to typo thread. (Sorry, didn't realize that existed.)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2024, 09:10:42 PM by Alsadius »

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #184 on: July 12, 2024, 07:43:20 AM »
A really minor one. When I assigned a ship to have a standing order to return to its entry jump point, but it's never left the system it started in, that shows up in the event log as an "Orders Assigned" event.

> Humans      Orders Assigned      Sol      GSC-03 Schiehallion 003 has a standing order to return to its entry jump point. However, the entry jump point is not known
> Humans      Orders Not Possible      Sol      GSC-03 Schiehallion 003 is unable to carry out its primary standing order (Survey Next Three System Locations) or its secondary standing order (Move to Entry Jump Point)

The Orders Not Possible event means you can figure it out, but that struck me as weird.

Usually this happens because you jumped the ship into the system as part of one fleet, then reassigned it to another fleet (e.g., by splitting it off into its own single-ship fleet). The Return to Entry Jump Point order only works for fleets, not individual ships.

Offline nakorkren

• Commander
  • n
« Reply #185 on: July 12, 2024, 10:45:06 AM »
Rescued crew from your own ships go into cryo seats, but "rescued" enemy crew do not (but should).
« Last Edit: July 12, 2024, 12:00:13 PM by nakorkren »

Offline Alsadius

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #186 on: July 12, 2024, 11:18:31 AM »
A really minor one. When I assigned a ship to have a standing order to return to its entry jump point, but it's never left the system it started in, that shows up in the event log as an "Orders Assigned" event.

> Humans      Orders Assigned      Sol      GSC-03 Schiehallion 003 has a standing order to return to its entry jump point. However, the entry jump point is not known
> Humans      Orders Not Possible      Sol      GSC-03 Schiehallion 003 is unable to carry out its primary standing order (Survey Next Three System Locations) or its secondary standing order (Move to Entry Jump Point)

The Orders Not Possible event means you can figure it out, but that struck me as weird.

Usually this happens because you jumped the ship into the system as part of one fleet, then reassigned it to another fleet (e.g., by splitting it off into its own single-ship fleet). The Return to Entry Jump Point order only works for fleets, not individual ships.

In this case, it was still in the system it was built in, and had never left. So there was no entry jump point because it had never jumped. But yeah, makes sense that your scenario would have the same effect.

The complaint here was that "Orders Assigned" is a really strange category for the situation where orders could not be assigned. I think it ought to be recategorized.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #187 on: July 12, 2024, 11:40:10 AM »
The complaint here was that "Orders Assigned" is a really strange category for the situation where orders could not be assigned. I think it ought to be recategorized.

Typo Thread is probably the best place for this

The following users thanked this post: Alsadius

Offline nakorkren

• Commander
  • n
« Reply #188 on: July 12, 2024, 12:01:58 PM »
When approaching an enemy home world, the ships at the planet blink into and out of sensor contact causing interrupts every 10 seconds. I think they're turning their active sensors on and off, and that's what's making me lose and reacquire contact? It's logical behavior to keep your active sensor off most of the time and just ping it occasionally to check, but it's causing contestant interrupts as I try to close the distance because of how many ships they have and how often they're doing it (if that is actually what they're doing).

I finally had to use SM to remove all thermal and EM sensors from my fleet, and that let me advance time enough to get close enough, then I put the sensors back in.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2024, 12:05:09 PM by nakorkren »

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #189 on: July 12, 2024, 02:57:47 PM »
While using the Create Habitable button in the System window repeatedly to generate a good starting system for a race, I obtain the popup: "Error: Luminosity Key Count is 11" on occasion. This doesn't seem to break anything.

Offline kks

• Lieutenant
« Reply #190 on: July 16, 2024, 05:31:58 PM »
It seems that the 25% Thermal Reduction tech for engines is actually 24%.

I get the following thermal signatures when designing an inertial confinement fusion drive with 125% engine modifier:
Thermal reduction/Thermal signature(expected)
100%/1000(1000)
75%/750(750)
50%/500(500)
35%/350(350)
25%/240(250)
16%/160(160)

I discovered it when my Carrier(20000EP) had 4800 instead of the expected 5000 thermal signature.
Modify message

SJW: Fixed for v2.6. It's the text that is wrong - the tech should be 24%
« Last Edit: July 21, 2024, 03:57:42 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline buczbucz

• Leading Rate
  • b
« Reply #191 on: July 28, 2024, 02:55:48 AM »
Naval Organization -> Logistics Report

Exclude FACs checkmark doesn't do anything.
FACs are always included in the list.

Naval Organization -> Detailed Fuel Report

Exclude FACs checkmark doesn't do anything.
FACs are never included in the list.

SJW: Fixed for v2.6
« Last Edit: July 28, 2024, 04:49:21 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline buczbucz

• Leading Rate
  • b
« Reply #192 on: July 28, 2024, 03:45:11 AM »
Distance from A (Scorpii) to B (Caledonia) is different than from B to A on Galactic Map.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #193 on: July 28, 2024, 04:44:56 AM »
Distance from A (Scorpii) to B (Caledonia) is different than from B to A on Galactic Map.

Is there more than one route between them?

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #194 on: July 28, 2024, 05:06:04 AM »
Rescued crew from your own ships go into cryo seats, but "rescued" enemy crew do not (but should).

I couldn't find this problem, but I did discover that cryo was ignored for survivors after total life support failure, so it might have manifested as above depending on the situation.