Author Topic: v2.5.1 Bugs Thread  (Read 32140 times)

Offline nakorkren

• Commander
  • n
Re: v2.5.1 Bugs Thread
« Reply #270 on: October 05, 2024, 03:22:14 PM »
I'm currently engaged in a home world invasion and my troops have been steadily consuming available supply trucks in the parent formation as expected. However, now that those supply trucks have run out, their supply % should be going down, but is not. I know they normally have enough supply internal to each unit to cover 10 rounds of combat, but it's been much longer than that and everyone's still firing away at 100% supply. I know for sure they still have supply because units set to Forward Attack are still periodically getting breakthroughs, which per the rules they can't do if they run out of supply.

Wondering if this is a consequence of the relatively recent fix that allows units to refill their 10 round reserve when out of combat... could it be allowing it while in combat too, by accident?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2024, 03:25:28 PM by nakorkren »

Offline Ghostly

• Leading Rate
  • G
« Reply #271 on: October 08, 2024, 03:55:40 AM »
Repairing ships with crew losses drains crew from the academy pool without actually replenishing casualties. These screenshots were taken 1 construction cycle apart, no other ship construction, repair or crew replacement have taken place:

772+((30*1000/5)/(365/5))-531 = 323 crew drained, as opposed to 328 crew capacity of the repaired ship.

Offline Randy

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #272 on: October 10, 2024, 09:39:42 AM »
The View Technology screen, when looking at CIWS components, does not show the actual ECCM built into a CIWS.

The correct value appears on the class design screen (looking at the CIWS in either race or class components view), and on the Create Research Project screen. Its easy to reproduce - just create a CIWS with any ECCM...

I'm guessing its just a display issue because it does appear correct in the other locations.

Also noticed that the TN start generated tech (and I'm guessing that AI generated tech as well) can build components impossible for the player to design.
For example, active sensor of size 3.6 or resolution of 111... 

Not a big deal, just seems strange that we can encounter such components, but can never create them ourselves...  ;)

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

Offline Louella

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • L
« Reply #273 on: October 13, 2024, 03:16:24 PM »
What are Function #115 and Function #1658 ?

The error window only says "object reference not set to instance of an object"

Offline Alsadius

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #274 on: October 14, 2024, 07:34:00 AM »
A pretty minor one, but if you have a bunch of construction units and a small number of ruined installations to recover on a planet, you can get more recoveries than you have available installations. It seems to roll for all construction units first, and even though it will say that the ruins are fully exploited, it'll keep giving you more stuff after that.

In my case, I was doing some testing that happened to involve 102 construction units on a planet with 8 ruins. At the next construction phase, it showed me 8 "Factory Restored" events, a "Ruins Exploited" event, and then six more "Factory Restored" events after that. And it wasn't just cosmetic, the rewards did show up on the planet. (Each of those units was 1x INF-HQ2000 + 6x VEH-2xCON, if that matters.)